TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Road Racing rocks!!!!

FordRocks1

I got my first taste of the road course yesterday at Sebring and I had a blast!! I only did the test trial which was about 5 laps and I am hooked :happy feet: My local mustang /track warriors Palm Beach Mustang Club Rene and the South Atlantic regional director Bob were my instructor and they both have a world of knowledge and great pointers. My main mistakes were that I have problem where I have tendency following other driver's lines instead of my own. I got to see the Kurgan's SGT but it was down with a blower issue, I wanted to talk to him but I know he was extremely frustrated at the situation. I did get to see a white one in action and he was hauling :censored: , I think that was 2007 sgt, didn't get to meet you personally but your edelbrock set up looks fantastic. Glad to see more and more people bringing their GT500's out to play, even Super Snakes, there was a red one and JEEZ his blower was loud, everyone knew what was zooming by. Everyone was really nice out there. If you have not tried a road course event, do it!!! Even the "parade" lap we got to go fast and it was fun. Track guys/weekend had a great set up. I went with my buddy Anthony who owns a 650+ HP ZO6, it was his first and he kicked butt. I hope there will be more TS track days.

Here are some pics.

DSC08504.jpg

DSC08505.jpg

DSC08501.jpg

DSC08502.jpg

My instructor's stang

DSC08503.jpg

DSC08507.jpg

DSC08510.jpg

DSC08511.jpg

DSC08514.jpg

DSC08513.jpg

Welcome to the world of road courses. I ran SCCA here on the west coast and there was nothing better than breaking later than the other cars, apexing a corner just right so you could come out hard.

The more you are on the track the more comfortable and faster you will get. Enjoy! And thanks for the pictures so we can all share your experiences.

CC

Looks like some fun was had!

Absolutely!!! A SGT with a blower like yours sure would make things a bit interesting, although I must say that with just my stock SGT I was scared enough already to push it harder through the corners.

Jean and I had a blast at this event, the "Track Guys" really know how to make a HPDE fun for everyone. We'll be back next year.....ready to go even faster

It was a great experience, they indeed made the whole event a fun and safe one for all. I sure will be back next year much more prepared and will stay for the whole weekend, hopefully we can have some higher ups from SA with some test cars :dance:, please bring a GT350 :salute:

Welcome to the world of road courses. I ran SCCA here on the west coast and there was nothing better than breaking later than the other cars, apexing a corner just right so you could come out hard.

The more you are on the track the more comfortable and faster you will get. Enjoy! And thanks for the pictures so we can all share your experiences.

CC

I can now understand the lingo concerning the apex and so forth. I need to get one of those gopro cameras to record my runs so to review what can be done for next time. I bet you guys on the west coast have some killer tracks, oh, I love that saying about keeping the shiny side up :happy feet:

Great pic's. It's always nice to see cars in an environment they were built for (LOL). :peelout:

Especially like the red Shelby GT-500 with the "Road Wrap". I just bought a roll myself for my Carlisle trip next week. :dance:

I was surprised to see so many GT500's including Super Snakes running out there, yeah, that road wrap looks great, I will get that for my next event, the blue tape was last minute but it was a PITA to put on and took away from the looks of the car.

I was surprised to see so many GT500's including Super Snakes running out there, yeah, that road wrap looks great, I will get that for my next event, the blue tape was last minute but it was a PITA to put on and took away from the looks of the car.

Sorry I missed you! I definitely had a great time and the SGT was running good - the only limitations were ME and the BRAKES! I should've upgraded to the stainless brakelines and changed the pads to a racing compound - once my brakes faded the first time, I got cautious, especially when I was following a silver Camaro that over-ran the hairpin!

I brought a couple of rolls of the 18" Road Wrap - great stuff, except I'd recommend using the narrower width (9"?) to help it fit the contours of the front end. Certainly made for an easier clean up after the weekend!

Some more pics here:

http://www.teamshelby.com/forums/index.php?/topic/64403-sebring-event-hang-tight/page__pid__1162521__st__40#entry1162521

Check out my ultra-cool "Shelby" tow vehicle - Snakes Alive!!

SebringTow.jpg

Sam

Sorry I missed you! I definitely had a great time and the SGT was running good - the only limitations were ME and the BRAKES! I should've upgraded to the stainless brakelines and changed the pads to a racing compound - once my brakes faded the first time, I got cautious, especially when I was following a silver Camaro that over-ran the hairpin!

I brought a couple of rolls of the 18" Road Wrap - great stuff, except I'd recommend using the narrower width (9"?) to help it fit the contours of the front end. Certainly made for an easier clean up after the weekend!

Some more pics here:

http://www.teamshelby.com/forums/index.php?/topic/64403-sebring-event-hang-tight/page__pid__1162521__st__40#entry1162521

Check out my ultra-cool "Shelby" tow vehicle - Snakes Alive!!

SebringTow.jpg

Sam

Sam,

Awesome pics, I wish I did the whole day instead of just the test drive. I know now to be super ready for the next one. Yeah, I too felt that all of us "TS" members were pretty much scattered, I only met The Kurgan that is from here and Bob Z. the new director for the S.Atl region. I checked out your white SGT and it was very well maintained. I liked the new rotors. My Brembo set up with hawk hps pads with goodridge ss lines held up well, I am still running stock rear pads though. I had a great time and now will be looking forward for what is to come in Homestead which is 15 mins away from house.

To paraphrase Jack Benny:

"I was dressed in my long sleeve t-shirt, pants, shoes, and helmet. Standing next to my car and the Sebring track, I actually LOOKED like the world's greatest race driver. It was a damn shame I had to go out on the track and drive!"

Sam

Archived