TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Oil Change? 6.5qt or 7qt?

daemonj

No, they don't, but their 10W-40 XPR (XPR very important) has the same lubracation properties and viscosity as 5W-50. That came directly from their technical support hotline which is listed on the website if you want to call yourself. RP also makes a "street" version of 10W-40, so that's why you have to buy the XPR race oil. The 10W-40 XPR exceeds FoMoCo's oil requirement for the 500's.

Good information, thank you.

Blayne

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

+1 - have read multiple "oil/oil filter" debates and the Motocraft FL 820S was rated almost as high as the most expensive preimum oil filters costing 3+ times as much....I see no reason to spend more $$ - especaially when this is the Ford recommend filter. VERY important to keep your receipts and document your oil change intervals in the maintenance manual for proof if you ever have an engine issue.

Another note...the filter evaluations also found that the Fram filters and rebranded Fram filters (Shell, Quaker State, etc.) were the least effective and their antidrainback valves did not work very well and allowed oil from the filter to drain back into the pan after shutting off.

hey Hotlap;no disrespect intended just looking for the facts. can you please explain to me how oil drains out of a filter that is hanging and not upside down.

thanks,

sean

hey Hotlap;no disrespect intended just looking for the facts. can you please explain to me how oil drains out of a filter that is hanging and not upside down.

thanks,

sean

Its actually the oil in the engine above the oil filter that drains back when the anti-drainback is missing or non functional. End result is much longer time without oil at each start up for upper engine components. This is very important for the DOHC engine.

Archived