TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Is your GT500 Bone Stock or Modified?

Bone Stock or Modified?  

49 members have voted

1. 1. Is your GT500 Bone Stock or Modified?

• I'm Leaving it Bone Stock just like it came from the factory
    • I'm planning to Modify it after the Warrentee Runs Out
    • Mines been Modified
  2. 2. What types of Mods did you do? (click all that apply)

• Tires/Rims
    • Rear Gear Changed
    • Any Suspension upgraded for better traction
    • Changed S/C Pully
    • Headers
    • Cat Backs / Axle Backs
    • Changed out the S/C to another MFG
    • Added a Shot of Nitrous
    • CAI with a Tune
    • Tune Only
    • Other
    • It's just Bone Stock

Interesting results actually ....... good poll !

If I get mine ontime for this cross country trip this summer I am going to leave it stock. I figure putting up to 5,000 miles on it and if I have an issue, less arguements with warranty etc..

I may have the computer changed to take regular unleaded. Is this a smart move? Not like I am going to be pushing much more than 80MPH. I am in no hurry.

Mark

I planned on leaving mine stock until I went for a ride yesterday. The wheel hop was terrible :rant: . It was in the 30's though (I feel temp should not be an issue though). I have a job 2 vert on order. I hope they did something to solve this issue. I'm disappointed that they would produce the car with the hop as bad as it is.

I'm also going to have to add the Bassani axle backs also. Just too quiet. If you crank up the Shaker 1000 much at all you can't hear or feel the exhaust.

I planned on leaving mine stock until I went for a ride yesterday. The wheel hop was terrible :rant: . It was in the 30's though (I feel temp should not be an issue though). I have a job 2 vert on order. I hope they did something to solve this issue. I'm disappointed that they would produce the car with the hop as bad as it is.

I'm also going to have to add the Bassani axle backs also. Just too quiet. If you crank up the Shaker 1000 much at all you can't hear or feel the exhaust.

Open the drivers door to your car. Goodyear/FORD puts a decal on the door jamb that states DO NOT RUN these tires below 40 Degrees (see pic below). Trust me when I say the warmer the better for these F1 tires. 60+ is much better tire hook up. Think about stock cars in NASCAR. How many times have you heard drivers complain about a lack of traction/grip because temps were too cold? The same thing applys here with your car/tires

post-768-1174181867_thumb.jpg

CWHR-

interesting topic.... thanks for posting

my mods so far:

"Performance":

FRPP axle backs

2.6 pulley

JLT CAI

VMP Tune

Steeda LCA's

"cosmetic":

"cobra" recepticle in the dash

C.S. signature on passenger side airbag

sequential turn signals

hood struts

centered SHELBY on rear deck

plans:

tint windows

short antenna

3.73 rear end

one peice drive shaft aluminum

drag radials

That's about all I plan on doing. I am not a mechanic and do not want to mod the car beyond return to stock easily. That should get me near 600+ at the crank and looking good! that's enough HP for me (for now!)

Ron

CWHR-

interesting topic.... thanks for posting

my mods so far:

"Performance":

FRPP axle backs

2.6 pulley

JLT CAI

VMP Tune

Steeda LCA's

"cosmetic":

"cobra" recepticle in the dash

C.S. signature on passenger side airbag

sequential turn signals

hood struts

centered SHELBY on rear deck

plans:

tint windows

short antenna

3.73 rear end

one peice drive shaft aluminum

drag radials

That's about all I plan on doing. I am not a mechanic and do not want to mod the car beyond return to stock easily. That should get me near 600+ at the crank and looking good! that's enough HP for me (for now!)

Ron

Thanks BoneDoc. Just trying to see if there's a pattern. So far it looks like we have a lot of CAI & tunes going on. Bet most all are EVO/JLT

Since MYGT500 asked questions on modifications to your cars, I thought a poll was in order to help spot a trend here for any problems with the transmissions/clutches due to modifiations.

If you have your GT500 please vote

edit: added Bone stock for those who haven't done anything

I need another option that says: Stock for now but plan to modify before warrantee runs out.

I just got mine but plan on modding it. So I will choose the mod after warrantee runs out.

Open the drivers door to your car. Goodyear/FORD puts a decal on the door jamb that states DO NOT RUN these tires below 40 Degrees (see pic below). Trust me when I say the warmer the better for these F1 tires. 60+ is much better tire hook up. Think about stock cars in NASCAR. How many times have you heard drivers complain about a lack of traction/grip because temps were too cold? The same thing applys here with your car/tires

Your right. Forgot about that. I could'nt resist taking it out yesterday though after sitting since x-mas eve day.

One mod I forgot to mention is I had the windows tinted. Everyone who see it mentions how nice it looks with the white car. But it does give the cops a reason to pull me over (a little darker than legal). I don't know if it's true or not but I hear the cops in town have a bet who is the first to pull me over. :ninja: I'm suprised it hasn't happened yet.

I didn't vote since the categories didn't fit me. I will modify, but not yet. I want to get some miles on the car, get to know it, find the areas that would benefit most from mods, and then attack slowly. I want to listen to different mufflers at shows, feel the tri-ax shifter, and see some of the aftermarket wheels.

For now, the mods I'm doing are more cosmetic in nature.

AD

I didn't vote since the categories didn't fit me. I will modify, but not yet. I want to get some miles on the car, get to know it, find the areas that would benefit most from mods, and then attack slowly. I want to listen to different mufflers at shows, feel the tri-ax shifter, and see some of the aftermarket wheels.

For now, the mods I'm doing are more cosmetic in nature.

AD

Sorry I can't create categories to fit everyones personal style. But if you have the idea that somewhere in time you plan on making mods then I think you can vote. If I go back & add more categories now it will wipe out the current results & only show total votes. sorry

Sorry I can't create categories to fit everyones personal style. But if you have the idea that somewhere in time you plan on making mods then I think you can vote. If I go back & add more categories now it will wipe out the current results & only show total votes. sorry

No problem...just wanted to clarify my vote.

:hysterical2:

Sure, do you have any swampland in Nebraska?

Do you have a VW beetle radiator to sell?

How about an idler arm for a 2007 Mustang GT500?

:hysterical:

I was honest on the poll - but just wait. I have some idears in the works ;)

It may not happen soon enough but I could see something special happening before we make it to the end of this year's driving season. I've actually had to sit back and watch for a bit and let some things work themselves out but I am close to knowing what I want...the hardest one for me it sthe rims/tires/gears to figure out. I just can't find what I want yet in a rim and tire (CCW rims seem to be my choice of the day) but i can't find the tires I want yet....and this will drive the gearing. But I am going to have something to talk about one of these days.

no issues yet - 925 miles and stage 2, steeda shifter, & 1 piece drive shaft. So far so good but I puke in my mouth a little every time I see one of these clutch and tranny issues.

+1

this weekend it's going to be in the 60's & I plan on taking mine out of storage so it can be washed AGAIN & to check the transmission out. :shift: :burnout:

Archived