TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Car Haulers From Hell or True Grit

redlicktrout

Had an SC package put on my 2007 GT--Jeremy Roberts and every one at Shelby(Carl at the mod shop?)were great.Got my car back--It is fast,sounds awesome---

a top ride to say the least.--------------Now the bad part---CAR HAULERS-------The hauler I used to bring my car to Shelby---was aweek late picking it up---when my car was delivered to Shelby(the odometer showed 2202 miles when it left here)the odometer showed 2432 miles.Jeremy called me saying there car had several scratches.Not to mention it was a week late getting there.Those boys had Ferris Beuller-ed my beautiful black GT.I got a lawyer . The car transporter in question settled with me out of court(they have not yet paid me).When Shelby has finished the upgrades on my GT.I arranged to have it transported back to me here in Ky by one of the transporters recommended by Shelby,in the transporter links found in the Shelby American web sight.I talked to the car hauler numerous times----made sure they had my info correct---so here's the rest

1)It took amonth,once my car left Las Vegas,for my car to be delivered here in Irvine Ky

2)Before they delivered my car here,the car hauler,of course took it to Irvine California.They called agitated be cause I was not there to pick up the car.

3)Took my car to Arizona,dropped it,then sat on it 3 weeks,for whatever reason.

4)Out of curiosity I called for a status report on the whereabouts of my car,about a week after it left Las Vegas.---Was told there was no Shelby GT to be delivered to Ky and for that matter there was no Shelby GT to be delivered anywhere.I hit the ceiling-----They found my car in a building in Arizona where it was stored with other cars in transit.

5)I made 11 phone calls,There was the same reply each time"I'll call ya back"No one returned any of my phone calls---I gave up--turned it over to my daughter----

6)One Sunday morning at 4:00AM'ish---the phone rang---it was the car hauler---he had my car--was in a town about 27 miles from where I live,He had to get going,he had other stops,so he needed me to hurry.And so,38 days after my Shelby GT/SC left Las Vegas,I picked it up in a WAL MART parking lot and drove it home----what a hassle

This is in no way a condemnation of Shelby American,I love my GT/SC.This IS a warning to all you good Team Shelby folks,I learned the hard way about lower end car haulers---don't you do the same...RLT

Had an SC package put on my 2007 GT--Jeremy Roberts and every one at Shelby(Carl at the mod shop?)were great.Got my car back--It is fast,sounds awesome---

a top ride to say the least.--------------Now the bad part---CAR HAULERS-------The hauler I used to bring my car to Shelby---was aweek late picking it up---when my car was delivered to Shelby(the odometer showed 2202 miles when it left here)the odometer showed 2432 miles.Jeremy called me saying there car had several scratches.Not to mention it was a week late getting there.Those boys had Ferris Beuller-ed my beautiful black GT.I got a lawyer . The car transporter in question settled with me out of court(they have not yet paid me).When Shelby has finished the upgrades on my GT.I arranged to have it transported back to me here in Ky by one of the transporters recommended by Shelby,in the transporter links found in the Shelby American web sight.I talked to the car hauler numerous times----made sure they had my info correct---so here's the rest

1)It took amonth,once my car left Las Vegas,for my car to be delivered here in Irvine Ky

2)Before they delivered my car here,the car hauler,of course took it to Irvine California.They called agitated be cause I was not there to pick up the car.

3)Took my car to Arizona,dropped it,then sat on it 3 weeks,for whatever reason.

4)Out of curiosity I called for a status report on the whereabouts of my car,about a week after it left Las Vegas.---Was told there was no Shelby GT to be delivered to Ky and for that matter there was no Shelby GT to be delivered anywhere.I hit the ceiling-----They found my car in a building in Arizona where it was stored with other cars in transit.

5)I made 11 phone calls,There was the same reply each time"I'll call ya back"No one returned any of my phone calls---I gave up--turned it over to my daughter----

6)One Sunday morning at 4:00AM'ish---the phone rang---it was the car hauler---he had my car--was in a town about 27 miles from where I live,He had to get going,he had other stops,so he needed me to hurry.And so,38 days after my Shelby GT/SC left Las Vegas,I picked it up in a WAL MART parking lot and drove it home----what a hassle

This is in no way a condemnation of Shelby American,I love my GT/SC.This IS a warning to all you good Team Shelby folks,I learned the hard way about lower end car haulers---don't you do the same...RLT

Your Warnings are worthless with out the Names of the Two Haulers. I am sorry for the problems you had but if you are going to warn us about a Company it would HELP if we knew which Company your warning us about.........other wise it's useless to say anything.

If I may chime in he stated that one of the companies settled out of court. That being said, in most if not all settlements agreements the party that was harmed is not allowed to talk about the other party and that includes not disclosing who they are. The other company that put it in storage only appears to have terrible service and no guaranteed deliver date. It is very hard to get a company to give you an exact date. It is sad for this fellow that he got screwed over by not getting a promise date or a window of 3-5 days which companies such as Fed Ex Auto transport and some of the other carriers will give.

Scotty

Ya hear these kinda stories all the time!!!! That's why I prefer to do as much as I can myself!!!

You know you check out the haulers that people say that are good :banghead: but my hauler stayed home 3 days . My car is going to be delivered on Saturday I hope . My car had 98 miles on it . Who can we trust ????????

Ya hear these kinda stories all the time!!!! That's why I prefer to do as much as I can myself!!!

I totality agree with you!

I bought my Shelby in Houston and trailered it home to WA myself. Just short of bubble wrap and using the 4 way flashers the whole way I did get her home safely. On top of that it was a great road trip, something I will never forget!

I should not have posted my "car haulers" complaint.I will post the names of the haulers in question,but I can't do it now.I don't care care if you understand,or not.I have owned 3 shelby mustangs,a 67,69,and my 2007 gt..There is much sarchasm in the replys,as though I am not telling the truth,so be it---- redlicktrout

I understand in a way why you don't post the HAULERS name . But if we have HAULERS that don't do the job right giveing the name helps us finding the right HAULERS . My car well be hear on friday and I well post the HAULERS name . When it takes 18 day to go from L.V to N.Y and spends 10 day in there yard some thing wrong . So yes post the HAULER that do shi- work . Thats why we have the forum to help all of us .

Edited by 1sgt

There is much sarchasm in the replys,as though I am not telling the truth,so be it---- redlicktrout

I didn't read/take any of the replies like that at all.

What I read was a couple of folks pointing out that unless you tell us who put the screws to you, your "alert" is useless to us. And it's true.

This is usefull information. You wouldn't be slandering the company as long as it is fact or opinion and stated as such. Stating the name of the company with FACTS attached is just that...factual.

I had a problem with a bunch of Arlen Ness products I bought for one of my Harley's. I tried to get my (stated) warranty on the parts and Arlen refused because it was "just under a year" (he states there is a ONE YEAR warranty on all billet chrome pieces). I posted a "Consumer Alert" on rec.motorcycles.harley (An Usenet Newsgroup) but I didn't go on and trash Arlen/Cory, I just told my side of the story and let everyone decide for themselves if I got screwed (and I did, until I filed suit against Ness and got my demand "out of court" in return for dropping the suit).

My advice would be to tell your side of the story without saying something like "ABC Car Carriers are crooks/thieves/etc", but just cite the facts of your adventure and tell everyone which company you had which experience with. Then let US decide if we would use the company or not and from what you've said already, *I* wouldn't use either one of them.

I have a friend in Texas that works for a "High End" Automotive Carrier (Lambo's, Ferrari's, Rolls Royce, etc.) and I know for FACT that none of what you described would ever happen with the company he works for....because he wouldn't be working for them very long if it did.

Did you ever see the saga of Alex McKenzie<sp?> and his Red/black '10 GT500 he had shipped? He bought a car via a well known TS member on the East coast. The seller took pics of the car as it was being loaded. Then Alex took pics of it as it was being unloaded. He didn't notice it (and neither did most of us) but one TS member did...the two stripes just ahead of the hood were there when it was loaded and GONE when they unloaded the car! The shipping company tried to deny responsibility but the proof was in the pics. He didn't have to call the company names because as they say "a picture speaks a thousand words". But I can pretty much garauntee you that there's not a whole lot of TS members that will ever use THAT shipping company (and forgive me, but I CAN NOT REMEMBER THE NAME)! I'm really hoping it wasn't one of them that you used.

So as they say, "please check your attitude at the door". And always remember, the ONLY tone and/or inflection you hear when you read a post is what YOU injected into it, what YOU hear in your head when you read it, not necessarily what the author wrote or how s/he wrote it.

I find that if you read a post in "monotone" (that "internal conversation" we all have) you will comprehend it in a MUCH different manner than how you originally read it.

*I* can read a post and get one "attitude" out of it where as *you* can read the same post and get a totally different "attitude" from it.

HTH,

Phill (now, please read MINE in monotone too! lol)