TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Terlingua Production

krshelbykr

Are we atleast able to confirm convrts?

There was #20 - Johns in California

#21 is mine, ordered before Johns but hung up production as why his is my copy in looks but not performance options

I was told there was a blue one and that is it??

Thanks Dave for the reply.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Side note, mine started life as a Hertz, anyone else out there now have the privilege of a wicked rent-a-racer.

Dave

You mean other than our actual Hertz Rent a Racers? ha....ha...

I can't imagine the odds of any other Terlingua builds starting out with x-Hertz rent a cars, or any other rental cars for that matter. I imagine possible, but unlikely! :)

#21 is mine, ordered before Johns but hung up production as why his is my copy in looks but not performance options

Hi Dave,

No, I cannot confirm the verts for the same reason as I cannot confirm the coupes. Until the official total is compiled it could be inaccurate any info I gave. I could give you a number and find out it was incorrect when finals are known.

I do not have any information on a blue vert - if you have any lead please let me know and I will follow-up.

Yours starting as a Hertz is the only Terlingua I know of with this distinction, key word is " know of" so far.

Good to hear from you,

David

You mean other than our actual Hertz Rent a Racers? ha....ha...

I can't imagine the odds of any other Terlingua builds starting out with x-Hertz rent a cars, or any other rental cars for that matter. I imagine possible, but unlikely! :)

Yes of course other than those, lol.

My donor was found in NC at a dealer who picked it up at auction from being owned by two previous dealers tracing it back to Florida where Hertz rented in some special "Beach cruiser" program to the tourist, hence the color and lack of V8. I do have the paperwork showing them as the original owners.

When I mentioned this to Gary Patterson, he just laughed. I joked about putting the Shelby Hertz badges on it but never have.

David,

#20 in California? Your #21?

This is #21, it has a new owner and is now in Houston -

http://www.mecum.com/auctions/lot_detail.cfm?LOT_ID=KC1210-100988&entryRow=380

And I thought you where #22. Are you off by one number or is there a #20?

Side note, mine started life as a Hertz, anyone else out there now have the privilege of a wicked rent-a-racer.

Dave

My 2007 coupe started life as a "program" car, mostly likely in rental service somewhere and came with weird option set.

We bought it with about 20k miles and it had ABS brakes, auto, leather seats, but base interior.

• 2 weeks later...

My 2007 coupe started life as a "program" car, mostly likely in rental service somewhere and came with weird option set.

We bought it with about 20k miles and it had ABS brakes, auto, leather seats, but base interior.

Heck yeah that is weird.

David,

#20 in California? Your #21?

This is #21, it has a new owner and is now in Houston -

http://www.mecum.com/auctions/lot_detail.cfm?LOT_ID=KC1210-100988&entryRow=380

And I thought you where #22. Are you off by one number or is there a #20?

You are correct I was misquoting the numbers by 1.

I had been told by Gary Patterson that a man simply named "John" in California had come in after me ordered his to look like mine and was built and finished before mine in Vegas.

They did have to replace my front cap as the Terlingua nose they had installed was flawed and warped across the entire front.

His car is simply beautiful but is a manual and performance model with custom Gary Disney interior but very few other options and that is where it is different from mine.

That one went for sale in Caly, then KC then finally Tx it was sold for a whopping 40k+.

Hi Dave,

No, I cannot confirm the verts for the same reason as I cannot confirm the coupes. Until the official total is compiled it could be inaccurate any info I gave. I could give you a number and find out it was incorrect when finals are known.

I do not have any information on a blue vert - if you have any lead please let me know and I will follow-up.

Yours starting as a Hertz is the only Terlingua I know of with this distinction, key word is " know of" so far.

Good to hear from you,

David

The blue one is maybe my imagination but I do recall in a conversation at Shelby, Gary mentioning in a side note to someone else he was talking to that they had made 3 convertibles at that time with 2 being orange and one blue.

Hey Thumper,

I have not yet found a red Terlingua that was made. It is not impossible there could be one though until we have final registry complete for this model.

Not sure what you mean by the pilot car, are you referring to the concept Terlingua 001C? If so, that was a V6 with some interior changes that never made it to production (the Momo seats). Also, a V8 was considered pre-concept car early on but never made the transformation to a Terlingua beyond being painted yellow. I am not aware of any V8 Terlingua made with the current package specs.

There is a thread that was started asking all Terlinguas owners to enter their cars. Some did, but many did not or have not yet found the thread. It is in this section of the forum, the Terlingua section.

Glad you still have your vert and enjoy it!

David

Hey Jeff,

No worries! There is at least one V8 "tribute" to the NFS that is truly nicely done and comes to Terlingua yearly, but says Terlingua Island on it. Plus at least one other "V8 Terlingua vert" tribute. Easy to get lost among these Rabbits, they err multiply! LMAO.

Fear the Bunny!

David

Here is a link to a forum that someone has gone to an extreme amount of effort to worship or ..... stalk our cars.

http://forums.themustangsource.com/f755/shelby-terlingua-mustang-520290/

Half way down the first page there is what looks like a black convertible??

As well, near the top there is a couple pics showing a black Terlingua with the wide body kit. Can anyone tell me if that is someone we know?

Thumper, the wide body car is our very own Mike Stacey's car. Here's a thread I started in the racing section with some timeline photo's of Mike's car. Some may cry about the changes, but as we all know, Carroll would have loved it every step of the way!

http://www.teamshelby.com/forums/index.php/topic/81797-nasa-aix-terlingua-racer/

Here is a link to a forum that someone has gone to an extreme amount of effort to worship or ..... stalk our cars.

http://forums.themustangsource.com/f755/shelby-terlingua-mustang-520290/

Half way down the first page there is what looks like a black convertible??

As well, near the top there is a couple pics showing a black Terlingua with the wide body kit. Can anyone tell me if that is someone we know?

Thumper - PM sent. Some tributes in that thread.

A great thread with many great Terlingua photos!

Thanks for sharing.

David

Hi Dave,

Good to hear from you,

David

... I can't wait to hear that answer. Right Steve? ;-)

Thumper - PM sent. Some tributes in that thread.

A great thread with many great Terlingua photos!

Thanks for sharing.

David

I was just hoping all those pics could possibly help identify some cars and lead to a better list. :)

Thumper

I was just hoping all those pics could possibly help identify some cars and lead to a better list. :salute:

Thumper

Hi Thumper,

Good idea, keep posting pics or links or just send any my way. I know of and can ID the cars in this thread. BUT, keep looking! It is a fun hobby and informative. :salute:

Thanks,

David

Archived