TEAM SHELBY FORUM

GT500 vs SRT8

Hays1967

The only thing the SRT8 Jeep is a threat to - is my lunch money. As in when I just looked it up, I tossed up my lunch, consequently losing my money.

I don't care if that oversized land yaht had 900rwhp and ejected used hookers out of the top of it.

It's still a big, ugly, over-chromed SUV.

What's the next comparison going to be? SVT Focus vs. a Ferrari? I mean, they both come in red, but where's the power and handling on the Focus?

You know, honestly I don't know of anyone, myself included, that takes the time to join a message board on a car they can't afford don't own, to talk a bunch of noise.

You know why I don't join the nearest neighborhood Dodge Charger board? Because that thing looks like the plastic and metal incarnation of the Mullet. It's ugly, four door'd, obnoxious, and looks like something that was disgarded from the movie 'Joe Dirt' as too white trash for film.

Instead, I joined a message board filled with the car I enjoy, and like minded enthusiasts that have no illusion that this wonderfully priced 500hp car is somehow 'less than ideal' because it's a second slower than some overpriced pile of crap like the Z06.

Call me nutty, that's just how I roll. Now run along, with the rest of your troll buddies, and drink all the bottles you have stored under your kitchen sink. Remember kiddies, the ones with a skull and crossbones on them turn you into a pirate!! And everyone loves pirates arrrrrr.

+1....or are you trash talking me? :headscratch: I thought I was an ENTHUSIAST of the wonderfully priced 500hp PIG (name from another post lol)

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The only thing the SRT8 Jeep is a threat to - is my lunch money. As in when I just looked it up, I tossed up my lunch, consequently losing my money.

I don't care if that oversized land yaht had 900rwhp and ejected used hookers out of the top of it.

It's still a big, ugly, over-chromed SUV.

What's the next comparison going to be? SVT Focus vs. a Ferrari? I mean, they both come in red, but where's the power and handling on the Focus?

You know, honestly I don't know of anyone, myself included, that takes the time to join a message board on a car they can't afford don't own, to talk a bunch of noise.

You know why I don't join the nearest neighborhood Dodge Charger board? Because that thing looks like the plastic and metal incarnation of the Mullet. It's ugly, four door'd, obnoxious, and looks like something that was disgarded from the movie 'Joe Dirt' as too white trash for film.

Instead, I joined a message board filled with the car I enjoy, and like minded enthusiasts that have no illusion that this wonderfully priced 500hp car is somehow 'less than ideal' because it's a second slower than some overpriced pile of crap like the Z06.

Call me nutty, that's just how I roll. Now run along, with the rest of your troll buddies, and drink all the bottles you have stored under your kitchen sink. Remember kiddies, the ones with a skull and crossbones on them turn you into a pirate!! And everyone loves pirates arrrrrr.

:hysterical2::hysterical2::hysterical2:

D___C

I think i just $h1T myself laughing!

I really like you, man!

I wish we lived in the same neighborhood. you seem like a lot of fun!

+1....or are you trash talking me? :headscratch: I thought I was an ENTHUSIAST of the wonderfully priced 500hp PIG (name from another post lol)

Nah, not trash talking you, but the guy that originally brought up the Jeep, like it even mattered.

BoneDoc - I used to live in Colorado, north of Denver in a place called Genesee, have you heard of it? :banana piano:

I would think that everyone should think it's pretty cool that at least one automaker is trying to add an SUV to te "muscle car" realm..

For what it is, sure, but it's not really anything new:

Cayenne Turbo

X5

Suburban SS (or is it Yukon?)

Cyclone

Typhoon (old school ones I know)

But I just found it funny to trot out an SUV, any SUV and start comparing 0-60 times. Sure it's impressive, but who on this board / site really cares? Sweet, a big heavy brick!! Glad I joined a Cobra site so I could learn all about those Jeeps!!

:happy feet:

I would think that everyone should think it's pretty cool that at least one automaker is trying to add an SUV to te "muscle car" realm..

Yea at least one! Lets not forget all the above mentioned plus Mercedez Benz with the ML AMG, I believe like 7 years ago. That was the WORLDS FASTEST SUV. Oh yea...Ford has had Saleen Explorer...and ummm.....do they call it the Lightning F150 by SVT! It was once the WORLDS FASTEST PICKUP. And now Saleen S331 Pickup to smoke the SRT10 Ram. Chrysler, like always is the last to enter. Sorry to prove your statement wrong.

Nah, not trash talking you, but the guy that originally brought up the Jeep, like it even mattered.

BoneDoc - I used to live in Colorado, north of Denver in a place called Genesee, have you heard of it? :banana piano:

As always you are entitled to your opinion on what cars you like or dislike. But the topic was about racing a SRT not which one you think looks better. I provided a warning about the jeep so you are not caught off guard. I also offered that I would not be gloating about beating a station wagon, yes they are in a different league. Just because you can beat up your sister does not make you a boxer.

As to a troll, I have been on this board longer then you. I even signed up for a powerlease back in 2004, so I am guessing I had a little more forethought about the GT500 then you. As previously mention I am a performance car ENTHUSIAST. I am also betting you have no idea what cars I own and to be honest it is none of your business and has no bearing on me posting. I also doubt you know if I can afford the gas for the car or the car but it would be a shame if they only limited this board to those who had your narrow view of cars.

As always you are entitled to your opinion on what cars you like or dislike. But the topic was about racing a SRT not which one you think looks better. I provided a warning about the jeep so you are not caught off guard. I also offered that I would not be gloating about beating a station wagon, yes they are in a different league. Just because you can beat up your sister does not make you a boxer.

As to a troll, I have been on this board longer then you. I even signed up for a powerlease back in 2004, so I am guessing I had a little more forethought about the GT500 then you. As previously mention I am a performance car ENTHUSIAST. I am also betting you have no idea what cars I own and to be honest it is none of your business and has no bearing on me posting. I also doubt you know if I can afford the gas for the car or the car but it would be a shame if they only limited this board to those who had your narrow view of cars.

Well before it gets out of hand, its a common thing here on this forum. I think maybe some got offended at your putting down the guy who beat this "wagon" that was highly modded by SRT. In the end, I believe anyone here who is a member, except those HIT AND RUNNERS that talk trash and never return, is an enthusiast to the Mustang and its varieties. Maybe not everyone sees eye to eye though and maybe everyone is a TRUE BLUE. I would be, and am flattered, to see some BOWTIE and MOPAR guys on this forum giving props to MUSTANGS because it says a lot for the car. M2C

Well before it gets out of hand, its a common thing here on this forum. I think maybe some got offended at your putting down the guy who beat this "wagon" that was highly modded by SRT. In the end, I believe anyone here who is a member, except those HIT AND RUNNERS that talk trash and never return, is an enthusiast to the Mustang and its varieties. Maybe not everyone sees eye to eye though and maybe everyone is a TRUE BLUE. I would be, and am flattered, to see some BOWTIE and MOPAR guys on this forum giving props to MUSTANGS because it says a lot for the car. M2C

Thanks mad103

OK, I am a big boy. Sorry...... my intent was not to flame hays1967, I can see how it may have come across that way to the original poster so Hays1967 sorry.

If it matters I am not offended, just like setting the record straight.

Easy answer.

It's not so much how fast I go - it's how I go fast.

Let me simplify. There are go-karts faster than my Mustang.

Do I want one? No.

Do I want a Jeep just because it's fast? No.

Do you understand? I hope so.

Yea at least one! Lets not forget all the above mentioned plus Mercedez Benz with the ML AMG, I believe like 7 years ago. That was the WORLDS FASTEST SUV. Oh yea...Ford has had Saleen Explorer...and ummm.....do they call it the Lightning F150 by SVT! It was once the WORLDS FASTEST PICKUP. And now Saleen S331 Pickup to smoke the SRT10 Ram. Chrysler, like always is the last to enter. Sorry to prove your statement wrong.

Gee, I didn't know this was that serious, the SRT10 is of the same family, but the Chevy and ford SUV's don't have the same amount of power do they? And why do you have act they way?? Geez, can't we just talk about how cool theyall are..or is this one of those mine is bigger then yours thing?? :redcard:

For what it is, sure, but it's not really anything new:

Cayenne Turbo

X5

Suburban SS (or is it Yukon?)

Cyclone

Typhoon (old school ones I know)

But I just found it funny to trot out an SUV, any SUV and start comparing 0-60 times. Sure it's impressive, but who on this board / site really cares? Sweet, a big heavy brick!! Glad I joined a Cobra site so I could learn all about those Jeeps!!

:happy feet:

Does the Cayenne have as much HP as some of the others? I looked at getting one of these, but the wife demands a Suburban...she just has no clue :(

I agree, I am very glad the Ford didn't kill the platform off and indeed brought out an awesome version of it. I am also very happy to see a true performance version as well, these days with all the tree huggers and whines about MPG, I fear all our toys maybe short lived. I hope DCX still has the balls to finish what they atarted and continue to bring out the Challenger.. I look forward to a two door version that weights a FEW THOUSAND pounds less then my 300SRT :)

Gee, I didn't know this was that serious, the SRT10 is of the same family, but the Chevy and ford SUV's don't have the same amount of power do they? And why do you have act they way?? Geez, can't we just talk about how cool theyall are..or is this one of those mine is bigger then yours thing?? :redcard:

This is one of those mine is bigger than yours thing!

BTW....mine is bigger than yours! :banana piano: :hysterical2::hysterical2::hysterical2:

This is one of those mine is bigger than yours thing!

BTW....mine is bigger than yours! :banana piano: :hysterical2::hysterical2::hysterical2:

Do you have your GT500 yet or do you still have the GT? I would certainly love to see just what we could do vs the GT, heck i would like to run either just for fun, after all that's what we spend the big bucks for..

Cayenne Turbo has 400hp, but is really pricey.

Might be possible to get one used? Dunno on that front.

Not a money issue, it's a SIZE issue :) With three kids, soccer, Basketball, track etc..she has it in her mind we HAVE to have the room....The new Suburbans aer about 58K, still not cheap, for that money I could have some fun toys!

I went from 50 to 120 with a turbo charged lexus IS300 (530 rwhp)....and pulled a car length on it in my shelby (580 rwhp)....does anyone care about that...is it worthy of talk haha??? :doh: .....this thread is hilarious im throughtly enjoying it....but I will be honest he pulled back up on me at 120 then we stopped.....im guessing under 120 id beat him with all the torque....then above 120 he weighs a little less so he pulled back up.....great race either way.... props to the glorified toyota

Do you have your GT500 yet or do you still have the GT? I would certainly love to see just what we could do vs the GT, heck i would like to run either just for fun, after all that's what we spend the big bucks for..

LOL...I smell you calling me out. No I dont have it. Joking. Besides I sold my stang, the only remaining is my bros. But I will race you with my F250.....OFFROAD!!!! you have a gt500? color? mods?

Alex

Not a money issue, it's a SIZE issue :) With three kids, soccer, Basketball, track etc..she has it in her mind we HAVE to have the room....The new Suburbans aer about 58K, still not cheap, for that money I could have some fun toys!

Save some money, show her the new Jeep JK - Four door, fun, has top that comes off.

It's a nice ride, great for a family and is under 30k.

Good post mad103, I'm kind of new here and this is the first Mustang I've ever owned. (don't have it yet tho), But I do have a 67 Chevelle SS396 and a 69 SS Camaro 396. I bought this Mustang because it is just plain BAD! Not bragging just another "Chevy guy" trying to have some fun.

LOL...I smell you calling me out. No I dont have it. Joking. Besides I sold my stang, the only remaining is my bros. But I will race you with my F250.....OFFROAD!!!! you have a gt500? color? mods?

Alex

Goodness no, I am just asking..I was going to ask you about the throttle and if it is "normal" wire connected or fly by wire like mine is. The reason is the SRT team at DCX tells us that due to the complex throttle calulation, they can't release the PCM code. I kinda call B.S., but it's their code....

I have a 300c SRT8, but I did drive a GT prior to buying my first Magnum. I do alot of windshield time and wanted something that was VERY comfortable and yet had some performance to it. SO the SRT was the choice, but when I was in High School ( 76-80) I had two 68 GTO's. One was a beater for parts and one had a perfect body, combined I had one car. But my brother had a 67 mustang that we had ot rebuild and paint etc. It was a blast to work on and much easier then the GTO.

Do the dealer still try to screw you guys with the "market adjustment" crap they used ot have on SRT's??

Bob

Archived