TEAM SHELBY FORUM

HOW DO YOU KEEP HARD WATER SPOTS OFF AFTER WASHING

I also have hard water...........What I do is wipe the car dry with clean micro fiber polish towels and I use

a dedicated for the car leaf blower for the grill and window/body panel seams..............

I also have hard water...........What I do is wipe the car dry with clean micro fiber polish towels and I use

a dedicated for the car leaf blower for the grill and window/body panel seams..............

Here what I came up with I have pressure washer with soap dispencer. I think I will either buy some distilled water and dispense through contaner with my pressure washer as final rinse.

arizona has some of the hardest nastiest tap water.

i have a whole house water filter treatment system.

to prolong the cr system, it is best to filter/treat the water before.

when the cr needs the media replaced. move media cartridge #2 to #1 and then replace/refill cartridge #1 and place in #2 position. cartridge #1 does most of the work.

try a clay bar treatment.

arizona has some of the hardest nastiest tap water.

i have a whole house water filter treatment system.

to prolong the cr system, it is best to filter/treat the water before.

when the cr needs the media replaced. move media cartridge #2 to #1 and then replace/refill cartridge #1 and place in #2 position. cartridge #1 does most of the work.

try a clay bar treatment.

Thanks a bunch

Elliot

I've had very good results with the Mr. Clean Car Wash System. It is becoming harder to find replacements for the soap and cartridges to get the minerals out of the water. So far I have stocked up off e-bay on these items.

GG

Swore I would never get another black car....until my Shelby :-)

Multi-step washing process to avoid scratches and hard water spots:

Carrand Professional Car Wash Nozzle http://www.amazon.com/Carrand-90058AS-Professional-Nozzle-Rinsing/dp/B003940OO6/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=automotive&qid=1306124613&sr=1-1

1) Pre-rinse using Carrand Professional Car Wash Nozzle to lightly soak and loosen dirt

2) Jet-wash rocker panels and wheel wells

3) Wash using microfiber mitt and frequent use of a clean water bucket to rinse the mitt

4) Shower rinse with Carrand Wash Nozzle

5) Laminar flow rinse with Carrand Wash Nozzle

6) Final rinse with Mr. Clean soft water

7) Blow dry with electric leaf blower

8) Final dry with the "Absorber" synthetic drying towel: http://www.amazon.com/Absorber-Synthetic-Drying-Chamois-27/dp/B0000AY69V/ref=sr_1_2?s=automotive&ie=UTF8&qid=1306124986&sr=1-2

9) Touch up with Mother's Quick Detailer: http://www.amazon.com/Mothers-08216-California-Showtime-Detailer/dp/B0002U1TZ8/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=automotive&qid=1306125070&sr=1-1

A good 1.5 hour event, but worth it. :happy feet:

Thanks I purchsed one, hope this works. What is the easy to clean the exsisting hard water spots? Thanks

i use Meguiars #7 glaze product.it takes off any spots and adds some color depth to the paint..Its an easy on--easy off product, no drying required

I use Adams "car shampoo"... Its PH-balanced so essentially softens your hard water, and it cleans incredibly.

I also use a master blaster dryer to get all the water out of the cracks and crevices, then lightly mist the car with Adams detailer, then dry with a microfiber. The detailer mist helps dry the car perfectly.

I used to believe there was no big difference in what wash soap i used, until i tried the adams wash... now i'm hooked, and it smells awesome too.

Give it a try

GUS

With well water, I got sick of hard water issues quick, and just added a hose bib that is tied into the softened water inside the house... I use it for car washes and to top off the pool water occassionally... much better than dealing with unsoftened water all the time!

I've had very good results with the Mr. Clean Car Wash System. It is becoming harder to find replacements for the soap and cartridges to get the minerals out of the water. So far I have stocked up off e-bay on these items.

GG

...I just use it for the DI rinse water.....but I guess I have screwed up by not stocking up on the cartridges.....have not been able to find any so far this spring.

Is there a special water softner or special water filter to install on my water sprayer. What do you guys use I have water softner and it is working but still I get hard water spots after washing. Thanks

I dry the car. I take a large, soft, long-pile microfiber and hold one side of it and let it "drape" across the car and pull it slowly down the car. Works like a charm and my car is swirly-free. No hard-water spots, etc.

I use turtle-wax ICE car wash. Wash in 1 direction using clean microfiber.

Then the above drying procedure.

Then a quick detailer, or Rejex, depending on what I am going for.

I have a hard time with this as well, being the house I live in was built in 1799....lol. Once you finish washing the car, while it is still wet, spray the entire car down with a good quality spray detailer. I like to use Meguire's Ultimate or Professional Series. Once you spray the car down, then dry. The spray detailer will prevent the hard water spots from forming and will help pull the water from the surface. Works like a charm! :happy feet:

I have a hard time with this as well, being the house I live in was built in 1799....lol. Once you finish washing the car, while it is still wet, spray the entire car down with a good quality spray detailer. I like to use Meguire's Ultimate or Professional Series. Once you spray the car down, then dry. The spray detailer will prevent the hard water spots from forming and will help pull the water from the surface. Works like a charm! :happy feet:

Good idea, but do you buy the detailer in bulk? You must go through a lot of it, no?

Yes....and wash in the shade.

I use Adams "car shampoo"... Its PH-balanced so essentially softens your hard water, and it cleans incredibly.

I also use a master blaster dryer to get all the water out of the cracks and crevices, then lightly mist the car with Adams detailer, then dry with a microfiber. The detailer mist helps dry the car perfectly.

I used to believe there was no big difference in what wash soap i used, until i tried the adams wash... now i'm hooked, and it smells awesome too.

Give it a try

GUS

+1

And the DS is ph balanced to and eliminates water spots!

I also use a foam gun to pre-soak the car in rich, thick shampoo.

Archived