TEAM SHELBY FORUM

You don't have to wait for MMP, check out the Who's the Boss track experience!

cloud9

I have some exciting news to share. I've been working with George Anderson, President of Motorsports Park Hastings on a brand new Boss Mustang Event. We will be joined by Ford executive Todd Soderquist who was a key member of the Boss team, along with other Boss team members and their own Boss 302s. You've seen Todd featured in the Speed Channel's Boss documentary as well as other Boss videos including this one: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XGOG--hWvVg MPH is Todd's hometown track and I had the privilege of meeting him and chasing each other around the track in early May.

The event will be held the weekend of September 24th and 25th and there's something for everyone! To start, there is an autox on Saturday morning open to everyone. Then on Saturday afternoon and into early evening there will be an HPDE school and open track session. Those new to open tracking will participate in the school combining classroom and on-track training with an instructor. We will have open run groups for experienced drivers to run separately from the school. Saturday Night brings "Night Street Drag Racing" starting at 8PM where you can challenge other Mustangs, or just line up and put your foot to the floor and take a few bye runs on your own. You will also see exhibition runs by #6 2012 CobraJet! Saturday night will also include a BBQ in the clubhouse that is included in the entry fee. Then on Sunday things get really exciting with "Who's The BOSS of the Mustangs" - Timed Racing. The "Top Wrangler" is Awarded to the Best Mustang Drivers! You get all of this for only $249 for the weekend! This is an exceptional value and I'm confident everyone will walk away feeling it was well worth it. The event is open to all Ford Mustangs.

MPH is located in Hastings, NE and opened in 2006. The facility is one of the finest I've seen anywhere. Named by Forbes.com in 2009 as one of the 10 Best places to Speed Legally in America. http://www.forbes.com/2009/02/13/racing-cars-clubs-lifestyle-vehicles_0213_legal_speeding_slide_7.html They really know how to host an event and make it an experience you'll never forget. The track is a challenging 2.15 mile road course and the surface is impeccable. They do an outstanding job of maintaining the track and the entire facility which makes for a truly great experience. You can learn more at www.racemph.com

We will have more details as time goes on including information on how to register. Please post up if you think you can make it so we can get an idea of car count. You'll not only learn more about your car and improve your skills, but also have an opportunity to meet key Boss team members and learn more about the Boss program. Oh, and you can take the opportunity to thank them for giving us such an incredible car! grin.gif

Here's a cool video of a hot lap in a Boss 302 Laguna Seca at MPH:

Ok guys, this is getting better and better. Todd is bringing in several of his Boss team members to the event along with their cars! You really don't want to miss this opportunity to get your car out and use it for its intended purpose. The full details are up on the website and registration is open! The weekend is jam-packed with events and fun. There's going to be everything from parade laps on the track, to an autocross, track school, open tracking sessions and even good old fashioned heads up drag racing ;D I've attached the event registration form below, but you can go here and get the full details:

http://www.racemph.com/Ford-Mustang-Roundup-2011.htm

I would encourage everyone to get signed up as soon as possible to lock in your spot. It's going to be a great opportunity to meet your fellow Boss owners, Ford Boss team members and have a great time at the track!

This event is open to all Ford Mustangs and GTs so spread the word!

Event Details and Registration Form

Sounds like an awsome event. I've been wanting to get out there. You should also be posting this info in the Northern Plains Regional section. Have you talked to Randy Fry about this? Sounds like an event that would be awsome for that region to participate in.

Sounds like an awsome event. I've been wanting to get out there. You should also be posting this info in the Northern Plains Regional section. Have you talked to Randy Fry about this? Sounds like an event that would be awsome for that region to participate in.

Hey Jeff. I'm sorry I don't know Randy. I'd be happy to post in the Northern Plains section as well. Talk about wanting to get to certain tracks, I hear High Plains in Colorado is phenomenal. Do you go there?

• 1 month later...

Ok guys, this is getting better and better. Todd is bringing in several of his Boss team members to the event along with their cars! You really don't want to miss this opportunity to get your car out and use it for its intended purpose. The full details are up on the website and registration is open! The weekend is jam-packed with events and fun. There's going to be everything from parade laps on the track, to an autocross, track school, open tracking sessions and even good old fashioned heads up drag racing ;D I've attached the event registration form below, but you can go here and get the full details:

http://www.racemph.com/Ford-Mustang-Roundup-2011.htm

I would encourage everyone to get signed up as soon as possible to lock in your spot. It's going to be a great opportunity to meet your fellow Boss owners, Ford Boss team members and have a great time at the track!

This event is open to all Ford Mustangs and GTs so spread the word!

Event Details and Registration Form

Hmm, sounds like I may have to make a road trip and see how the SGT does up there. And the Ford guys can sell me on the Boss. Like I need my arm twisted.

Hmm, sounds like I may have to make a road trip and see how the SGT does up there. And the Ford guys can sell me on the Boss. Like I need my arm twisted.

I'm down here right now for a track day tomorrow Ed. Would love to see the Shelby GT. Theresa will be there so bring Chris out for it.....of course she may take the Shelby out ;-) Great chance to meet the Boss team.

I'm down here right now for a track day tomorrow Ed. Would love to see the Shelby GT. Theresa will be there so bring Chris out for it.....of course she may take the Shelby out ;-) Great chance to meet the Boss team.

Hey Gary, I'm gonna want a rundown of the facilities out there after you get back. Looks like they've got some pretty cool amenities on-site. Yeah, we'll see how many more events Chris wants to run after next weekend's Ladies Day at HPR. With as jazzed as she was after her first day at the dragstrip, I may end up losing my track car and HAVE to get into a Boss a little sooner. :hysterical:

• 1 month later...

Look who's coming to MPH!!!!

OK guys here's the latest update on the Mustang Roundup at MPH. The following Ford Boss team members are already confirmed and bringing their own personal cars:

Todd Soderquist, Mustang Planner when Boss program launched (Currently global program manager for mid sized platform vehicles), Black 2012 B2 LS

Tom Barnes, Mustang Vehicle Engineering Manager, Silver 2012 B2 LS

Darrell Behmer, Mustang Studio Chief, Silver 2012 B2 LS

Chuck Drake, Vehicle Engineering Yellow 2012 B2

There are a few more on the potential to commit list as well.

Here's your chance to ask these guys anything you want about the Boss. Don't miss this opportunity and just speculate about a lot of your questions on the forums; get it straight from the guys that designed and built the car!!! I can't emphasize enough what a great opportunity this is to enjoy your Mustang the way it was designed to be driven. It's a ridiculous value at only $249 for the entire weekend! Get your registrations in at http://racemph.com/Ford-Mustang-Roundup-2011.htm

Remember this is open to ALL MUSTANGS AND FORD GTs!!!!!!! chirp.gifGas up your Mustang and get to MPH!

Archived