TEAM SHELBY FORUM

FRPP Brake cooling kit installed pics...

I installed the FRPP cooling kit with a friend on my Brembos up front by having my friend turn the wheels lock to lock while I struggled to really really tighten them on and figure out a routing. As I have the whipple intercooler and pump in the same area it made the install interesting...

Some things we did...I tried the KR Bezels, but did not like the look, so I cut holes in the factory part and my friend shaped them with a small pneumatic angle grinder and hand sanding. He then shot them with bumper black and we used some "race shop" variated "chicken wire" between the factory part and the fascia with some black duct tape around the edges to keep the sharp edges from digging in to the fascia and srayed them black.

I added some rubber tubing slit lengthwise to keep the ducts from digging into the frame rail...as these things need to be tightened to all get out to stay put and not move around and then rub the tire etc...

I also used "german style" hoseclamps. From marine wrenching experience I know these to work better than the cheaper ones in harsh enviornments.

post-9886-0-82316800-1305955140_thumb.jpg

post-9886-0-20584500-1305955141_thumb.jpg

post-9886-0-23596400-1305955140_thumb.jpg

post-9886-0-23596400-1305955140_thumb.jpg

post-9886-0-82316800-1305955140_thumb.jpg

post-9886-0-20584500-1305955141_thumb.jpg

Nice, those are the same ones I installed a few weeks ago. I did use the JLT bezels though. One thing I did notice though is that I guess because there is air being routed to that area directly is that I am seeing a whole lot more brake dust on my wheels. :banghead:

16d1921a-1.jpg

Thanks for the write up and pictures!

FordRocks1 I tried to pm you but couldn't I would love some info on your front splitter.

Till FordRocks1 gets back to you, check out this post about splitters, I think it's got some links to info on what he did, plus some other nice mods...

Cheers

http://www.teamshelb...%2Bsplitter+%2B

Note if someone goes this route...if you decide to modify the little plastic grill like we did, the inlet hole could be much smaller...mine are this big as the oblong hole was cut for the KR bezel by me first, so the hole had to large to hide that flubbub (we were headed to the bash the next day)...hence the diameter of mine...looks acceptable but could be smaller....Cheers.

Note if someone goes this route...if you decide to modify the little plastic grill like we did, the inlet hole could be much smaller...mine are this big as the oblong hole was cut for the KR bezel by me first, so the hole had to large to hide that flubbub (we were headed to the bash the next day)...hence the diameter of mine...looks acceptable but could be smaller....Cheers.

I ilke it but the orange tubes that I can see throw my eye of a little, are you satisfied? I mean your taste which I know is very very good but if you did it again would you go with the JLT's, Agent 47's or the stock SGT parts that appear back in stock now (the duct / light combination pieces anyway)? Good job though Randy, your car is always done right!

Thanks Dave- At the time I got these SA had no duct tubes available with that kit. I opted against driving lights abd with the Whipple intercooler down there I am not sure its an option. The Agent 47 and Griggs ones are cool and no dount function very well but alter the look of the car too much IMO. The FRPP kit I got was about 120 bucks on some deal I found which is insanely cheap for whats in the kit, the backing plates are piwdercoated which here in Seattle would be the $100 minimum at the powdercoaters if you made ypur own. The FRPP stuff is really great quality IMO and they have great parts.

The orange ducts really fall back when seeing the car in person as the intakes are low on the front and the slight orange peeking through I like as they "pop" with the black just enough in real life. I'll take a far away picture and post.

A guy could rattle can flat black the inside of the hoses if deisired aftet installing.

But to me the whole vibe of our setup was pretty cool and very attuned to the cars vibe and vintage Shelby's imo.

Especially the chicken wire...:@).

Cheers I do know that my brakes are up to the task now after the combo of mods I made for what I do with this car.

Thanks for the write up and pictures!

FordRocks1 I tried to pm you but couldn't I would love some info on your front splitter.

Hey bud, sorry about the pm thing, I can't clear my box for some reason but here is the link I followed and the help of Michschi over at modded Mustangs forums.

http://www.allfordmustangs.com/forums/2005-2010-mustang-gt-tech/104800-gt500-lip-installation-2007-mustang-gt.html

Did the same thing as you BUT the small 3" opening doesn't pull much air in, I installed the agent 47 air scoops two weeks ago and spent two days at the track this weekend and boy what a difference in the amount of air they grab vs. stock. The front rotors did not get as hot this time vs. a month ago before the install. I run DTC60 pads on the front and those pads combined with the larger air scoop were perfect. I had several NASA folks comment on how well the Shelby was slowing down before the turns, I was able to come in hotter and carry more momentum through the corners.

I installed the FRPP cooling kit with a friend on my Brembos up front by having my friend turn the wheels lock to lock while I struggled to really really tighten them on and figure out a routing. As I have the whipple intercooler and pump in the same area it made the install interesting...

Some things we did...I tried the KR Bezels, but did not like the look, so I cut holes in the factory part and my friend shaped them with a small pneumatic angle grinder and hand sanding. He then shot them with bumper black and we used some "race shop" variated "chicken wire" between the factory part and the fascia with some black duct tape around the edges to keep the sharp edges from digging in to the fascia and srayed them black.

I added some rubber tubing slit lengthwise to keep the ducts from digging into the frame rail...as these things need to be tightened to all get out to stay put and not move around and then rub the tire etc...

I also used "german style" hoseclamps. From marine wrenching experience I know these to work better than the cheaper ones in harsh enviornments.

IMGP1404.JPG

IMGP1408.JPG

IMGP1399.JPG

Did the same thing as you BUT the small 3" opening doesn't pull much air in, I installed the agent 47 air scoops two weeks ago and spent two days at the track this weekend and boy what a difference in the amount of air they grab vs. stock. The front rotors did not get as hot this time vs. a month ago before the install. I run DTC60 pads on the front and those pads combined with the larger air scoop were perfect. I had several NASA folks comment on how well the Shelby was slowing down before the turns, I was able to come in hotter and carry more momentum through the corners.

Agent 47's look good, I like them too.

I have no doubt that the Agent 47's would pull more air...and I like how they look as well, and I bet they work better.

I have not however noticed any problems with my set up as of yet...yet only have ran them at the LV Bash and on the street. And some 1/4 mile.

Would like to have a good day out at PIR soon, was hoping for the day before Grabbers Bash, but it got cancelled...bummer! Summers coming however.

My mods to the car have been pretty conservative with the looks of the stock SGT, ie: my wheels are very close to the stock SGT polished bullets at first glance and the grill on mine still is very subtle...

Originally, I stumbled upon the SGT sitting at the dealer as my desire was to order a spoiler delete GT originally, then a CS vert, then I fell in love at first sight with #471. With a little prod from my kid who was 5 at the time and my wife I drove it and bougt it on the spot...still look back after I park....just love the look of these cars....anyway I digress....

Heres a better shot Swede, there is a black tube the brake duct goes to...so the orange is not too apparent from outside the car and mine seem to hide well on the car....the thing about the KR Bezels I had were two fold, they were kind of thick and really "heavy" for this application and I did not (edit forgot the not) want the silver look down on the cars mini grills....

Just a matter of what you dig....happy%20feet.gif

I opted against driving lights abd with the Whipple intercooler down there I am not sure its an option. The Agent 47 and Griggs ones are cool and no dount function very well but alter the look of the car too much IMO.

I wonder if the Agent 47 scoops would have fit your car with the intercooler - it's been awhile, but I recall the fit being pretty tight down there on my SGT even without that additional hardware. One nice feature of them is a molded bend to divert the hose outwards to lessen hose kink possibilities.

I really like the clean look of your set-up. The Agent 47 scoops are definitely "honkier" looking - which is cool by me - even though that effect is somewhat lessened on a black SGT.

Swedeman, if you're interested, here's an example.

SGTMeshHeadON.jpg

Archived