TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Boy that knife is sharp!!!

SVTpower

bump.... :victory:

Yo - PuffStang ------- I mean Chuckstang, why don't you come back and play us your broken MSRP record again. I really miss hearing all your pissing and moaning about insufficient funds.

HSURB

Let's play nice boys. :gang:

Hey guys,

Not trying to be rude and not hating on dealers for trying to make some change but MSRP is MSRP and I for one would love to pay it for one. Ford is giving this as a gimme to dealers via the adm, but I don't know how many people I hear say I would buy one if I could get it at msrp. I am waiting for one (however long I have to) because I can afford the car, just not the adms. Bottom line is it burns me when I come on and contribute to the convo and hear phrases like " I really miss hearing all your pissing and moaning about insufficient funds.". Its frustrating because between my wife and I we make approx 100k a year, but still can't afford to pay 70k to buy one. Congrats to all of you that can because you probably worked hard on it. But this car was supposed to be the cheapest 500 hp out there (and it is) and the replacement for the cobra of yesteryear which offered great performance at an affordable price. Please remember when you make comments like that its like waiving the I'm better than you card. Just my two cents. And as to chuckstang, just the thread heading was enough to make me not want to read it.

Roger

Bottom line is it burns me when I come on and contribute to the convo and hear phrases like " I really miss hearing all your pissing and moaning about insufficient funds.". when you make comments like that its like waiving the I'm better than you card.

Roger,

Many here just get tired of hearing the same old song and dance about how stupid people pay ADM and ruin it for everyone else. It's a beat down topic. No one here supports ADM's. I don't think anyone feels like they're better for paying an ADM. I might think I was better if I had a new Lamborghini Diablo. :hysterical2::hysterical2:

Oh crap, here we go again!!!!

:lastyear:

:beatdeadhorse: :beatdeadhorse: :beatdeadhorse: :beatdeadhorse: :beatdeadhorse: :beatdeadhorse: :beatdeadhorse: :beatdeadhorse: :beatdeadhorse: :beatdeadhorse: :beatdeadhorse: :beatdeadhorse: :beatdeadhorse: :beatdeadhorse: :beatdeadhorse: :beatdeadhorse: :beatdeadhorse: :beatdeadhorse: :beatdeadhorse: :beatdeadhorse: :beatdeadhorse: :beatdeadhorse: :beatdeadhorse: :beatdeadhorse: :beatdeadhorse:

:beatdeadhorse: :beatdeadhorse: :beatdeadhorse: :beatdeadhorse: :beatdeadhorse: :beatdeadhorse: :beatdeadhorse: :beatdeadhorse: :beatdeadhorse: :beatdeadhorse: :beatdeadhorse: :beatdeadhorse: :beatdeadhorse: :beatdeadhorse: :beatdeadhorse: :beatdeadhorse: :beatdeadhorse: :beatdeadhorse: :beatdeadhorse: :beatdeadhorse: :beatdeadhorse: :beatdeadhorse: :beatdeadhorse: :beatdeadhorse: :beatdeadhorse:

Hey...Stevie Ray...I'm callin the animal aid society if you don't lay off that horse. :hysterical2::hysterical2:

Damn those are mustangs your beating . :hysterical:

Well Hopefully in a few years my wife and I will be in a better situation (finally finished with my Aero Engineering degree and the wife with her masters) and adms wont matter. Right now the reality is we have a 200k mortgage on a 300k house (we put a hundred down) and recently had a baby. I have been part of the local mustang scene since I got here from Germany in 99 when I purchased my first of four mustangs. I started my own club in 2002 which has grown to 200 members of which I have saved them all money on their mustang purchases and mods. I have set up track days, charity events for leukemia and lymphoma society and others, and car shows through which I have been lucky to make friends in the process (including most of my best men). This is why it bothers me more than anything. I sold my mach so I could wait for the shelby and as I patiently sit here happy to hear that somebody got the call, its like a slap in the face. I am not trying to be an a-hole and I think most people that know me on here know that I contribute as much as I can and have been lucky enough to meet some of you. Just try to member the thousands of us waiting and watching. Thats all I am saying.

Hey guys,

Not trying to be rude and not hating on dealers for trying to make some change but MSRP is MSRP and I for one would love to pay it for one. Ford is giving this as a gimme to dealers via the adm, but I don't know how many people I hear say I would buy one if I could get it at msrp. I am waiting for one (however long I have to) because I can afford the car, just not the adms. Bottom line is it burns me when I come on and contribute to the convo and hear phrases like " I really miss hearing all your pissing and moaning about insufficient funds.". Its frustrating because between my wife and I we make approx 100k a year, but still can't afford to pay 70k to buy one. Congrats to all of you that can because you probably worked hard on it. But this car was supposed to be the cheapest 500 hp out there (and it is) and the replacement for the cobra of yesteryear which offered great performance at an affordable price. Please remember when you make comments like that its like waiving the I'm better than you card. Just my two cents. And as to chuckstang, just the thread heading was enough to make me not want to read it.

Roger

Roger,

You are right...I don't think there is one of us on this board who is happy about the ADM's. We were all forced to pay them if we wanted the car. I think this is the point that is being conveyed. Some dealers are very sleazy and that won't change and yes I remember when Fields and Carroll Shelby got out of that red Shelby and said that "here is a car that the average person will be able to afford" Look at our current administration in Washington...they set the standard for business these days and as Scooter would say, I'm a f**king criminal. The ethics all go down hill from there. Of course the commander in chief is the decider and eating his meats...So, don't expect much more from the business world. Back to the ADM's...because of this all we're saying is that the situation probably won't get better soon. Good luck!

Hey guys,

Roger

Roger - sorry if you didn't care for my comment, but I was actually holding back when I wrote that. When you have a few individuals that intentionally go into a GT500 forum loaded with owners and refer to them as fools, idiots, niave, cluless and A*sholes, it is no surprise a person with the character of Chuckstang gets the reaction he does.

Good luck in getting a GT500. Even with the ADM some people are having to pay, it's the biggest hp bang for the buck out there.

Hsurb. Thank you, it will make the experience of putting it in my garage that much sweeter. I agree some people are for the lack of a better term wrong and I appreciate the frustration. Just remember us future engineers lol. As to chuckstangs post I am not even going to read it. Some people just like to stir the pot.

Hsurb. Thank you, it will make the experience of putting it in my garage that much sweeter. I agree some people are for the lack of a better term wrong and I appreciate the frustration. Just remember us future engineers lol. As to chuckstangs post I am not even going to read it. Some people just like to stir the pot.

No problems here.

HSURB

Archived