TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Super Snake is completed!!!

Well my car was completed at 4:40pm today!

I drove down to Sean's to take a look at it and it's absolutely beautiful! I cannot believe how good this car looks! Car still needs to be road tested and dyno'd, Sean will do that tomorrow morning. Hideaway license plate also needs to be installed ( that gets done tomorrow too). All that's left is for me to find a suitable day to go pick it up.

Car looks great Whammer.!!! Get those KR's back on now that it's badged!!! Your CSM number is one higher than mine. I'm 08SS00910. The SS looks good in white. Best of luck with it and be a bit cautious when you first get it back. An extra 250hp is different...... Have fun.

Don

Car looks great! Best of luck and fun with it. BTW, are they putting any black stripping in the front opening of the rear side window scoops to simulate an opening vs. just keeping it painted?? That's what mine came with when the car was done in Vegas. Let us know

I drove down to Sean's to take a look at it and it's absolutely beautiful! I cannot believe how good this car looks! Car still needs to be road tested and dyno'd, Sean will do that tomorrow morning. Hideaway license plate also needs to be installed ( that gets done tomorrow too). All that's left is for me to find a suitable day to go pick it up.

I like the White w/Black also!! Your Super Snake looks Great!!

As has been mentioned above, yours is the first that I have seen without the black sticker in the front inlet area of the upper side scoop. It is visible at the :52 second portion of the video. I added a custom cut pair of decals to the rear of my scoops (which Shelby does not provide). This helps to break up the large plastic bulge and give the "appearance" of being flow through functional as were the scoops on the original Shelby GT350's and 500's.

Before.................

Picture232.jpg

After...............

Picture235.jpg

^^^^^^^^^^^^It's not a big deal, but more of a small detail item, especially when the rear of the scoop in indented in this area.

and then a functional original..................

8.jpg

R

Car looks great! Best of luck and fun with it. BTW, are they putting any black stripping in the front opening of the rear side window scoops to simulate an opening vs. just keeping it painted?? That's what mine came with when the car was done in Vegas. Let us know

I'll have to ask about that, I was wondering the same. But for sure I'll be adding some black stripping there.

WOW it looks fantastic!!!!!!!!!!! I am sure you can hardly wait to get out on the road with it. I look forward to seeing it in person around London. Mmmmmmm, maybe I shouldn't that would "seal the deal" I would have to have one FOR SURE!!!! AGAIN CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!

WOW it looks fantastic!!!!!!!!!!! I am sure you can hardly wait to get out on the road with it. I look forward to seeing it in person around London. Mmmmmmm, maybe I shouldn't that would "seal the deal" I would have to have one FOR SURE!!!! AGAIN CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!

I CAN'T hardly wait, sadly I still have to wait for insurance coverage on the car. Hopefully I can get that all done by wed. or thurs. this week.

The London Mustang Club meets in the parking lot of DQ and Fleetway Bowling every tues. night. I'm planning to take the car there May 31st. So if you want to see it I hope you can drop by. If not I'd be happy to take you out for a spin some other time.

I CAN'T hardly wait, sadly I still have to wait for insurance coverage on the car. Hopefully I can get that all done by wed. or thurs. this week.

The London Mustang Club meets in the parking lot of DQ and Fleetway Bowling every tues. night. I'm planning to take the car there May 31st. So if you want to see it I hope you can drop by. If not I'd be happy to take you out for a spin some other time.

I will try to make it 31 May. Thanks

Drop dead! :drop:

I love the color... I'd just hate giving up vista blue for black stripes. But could be convinced by the extra hp! :drool:

Enjoy!

:salute:

I too wondered about giving up the blue stripes, but the black does make the car look more aggressive.

While it will cost you more you could go back to the blue stripes after the car has been certified by Shelby. I saw a picture of a SS by Tasca Ford that had the blue stripes on it.

Car looks great. Enjoy the ride. Did you ever find out which generation hood they put on your car? I would be real interested to know which one they used.

I asked Sean about this last week. He said he didn't know. He's not sure if they sent him a hood from old stock (the lack of hoods was really creating a back log for him) or if this was the hood from the new manufacturer. He said he's seen all kinds of SS hoods. 3 holes, 4 holes, no holes.

He told me the original problem with the hoods with holes was actually caused by a filter screen in the MAF inlet. Once that was removed the cars performed fine.

So Sean's not sure if Shelby has gone back to using the functional hoods or not.

I think you probably need to give SAI a call and see what's what with the hoods. Sorry I couldn't be of more help.

Car looks GREAT, how did you manage to get that CSM #, mine was done there almost two years ago and it is 08SS0915?

Car looks GREAT, how did you manage to get that CSM #, mine was done there almost two years ago and it is 08SS0915?

I don't think the numbers really go in any sort of order (I think the 900 numbers might be for Canada though). And you can request specific numbers. I'm a fireman and the sales guy at Sean's said that he thought 911 was still available. I thought it would be kinda cool to have that number (911 emergency and 9-11). He called Shelby up and they said the number was mine.

Archived