TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Collector Car Insurance Poll

38 members have voted

1. 1. Which insurance company do you use ?

Barrett Jackson now. When I started it was just "Private Client Group" originally part of AIG now spun off to Chartis. Costs me less to insure the Cobra for a full year including agreed value and standard 100/300 coverage than it does my truck. 5000 miles per year limit. I had both Mustangs with them too.

I've got Heacock on my 1968KR for the past 18 years! never made a claim (thankfully) so I have no idea how they are in that respect. Heacock himself is a Shelby owner too...

Condon-Skelly.....run and don't look back, had them in the late 80's on my Sunbeam Tiger, was involved in a accident, and was tied up for years, yes you heard me years...now i'm not a litigious fellow, but after getting the shaft from these pricks, I hired an attorney, and the courts threw the book at them, and let them have it, they awarded me 75k (the claim was 7k) because if their blatant fraud....

Of course getting a judgement is one thing, collecting is a whole other animal, and they drug that out for another 16 months....basically they wore me down and waited me out (keep in mind, my car was inoperable for over 3 years while this is going on), they got us down to 21k to settle of which is got 14k after the attorney got their end...

Barrett Jackson now. When I started it was just "Private Client Group" originally part of AIG now spun off to Chartis. Costs me less to insure the Cobra for a full year including agreed value and standard 100/300 coverage than it does my truck. 5000 miles per year limit. I had both Mustangs with them too.

+1. same here

I use Heacock for the mustangs but I also have Condon & Skelly for the cobra replica I am building. They were the only company I found at the time that would insure a work-in-progress.

Mike

In case anyone is interested:

http://www.classiccarinsurances.com/reviews/specialty-insurance/

Also, Travelers has a classic car division. And although not the cheapest, they seem to be one of the least restrictive as far as miles and usage. Just an fyi.

John

Hey Steve,

Just saw the question. I will second Barrett Jackson/Chartis as well. They charge me less for full coverage and agreed upon value plus 50% over agreed upon value than I pay on my F150.

I have not had a claim with Chartis, but their price is great, no stated mileage restriction and the 50% over agreed value is nice.

David

Archived