TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Need ? answered, I'm confused!

After going thru the build sheet on my 2011, I can't figure out exactly what the Conv. Package is. The code is 53C and I've goggled my A@! off to find what it is and have had no luck. They only built a very limited number of cars with this package and I wanna find out what it is! Thanks to anyone who can provide some info on this.... :headscratch:

After going thru the build sheet on my 2011, I can't figure out exactly what the Conv. Package is. The code is 53C and I've goggled my A@! off to find what it is and have had no luck. They only built a very limited number of cars with this package and I wanna find out what it is! Thanks to anyone who can provide some info on this.... :headscratch:

Convertible Package?

Option code 53C should be for what is called a convenience or comfort package option.

Does your car have some extra bells & whistles that other cars don't have?

Steve

Option code 53C should be for what is called a convenience or comfort package option.

Does your car have some extra bells & whistles that other cars don't have?

Steve

I guess I shoulda' spelled out convenience so y'all didn't waste your time. I know what it means I just wanna know what the package includes. Sorry about that guys, I didn't make my first post very clear. Thanks for helping!

Factory installed item. It's on the production numbers sheet you can order. They only built a few cars in each color that containted the 53c option, I just can't get a answer on what this Ford option is on a GT 500.

I'd shoot "Grabber" a PM on this. He is the first member on this site that came to mind that probably could find out for you.

53C per Ford is for the following:

*Snowplow Surcharge – Dealers must include the Snowplow Surcharge on vehicles equipped with factory option codes such as 53C, 86M, 862, 863, 864, 62B, 62S, 63A, 473, 47B, 47S and 627 (7700 Payload Group V8) that are, or will be, fitted with a snowplow to be eligible.

Good Gosh...I would have never guessed that in a million years! Thanks for unraveling the mystery for us Grabber.

Unless I'm reading Grabber's post wrong the mystery is still not solved. Option 53C is an option code that is used on many different Ford vehicles. The 53 normally refer to some sort on interior convenience package, the letter C breaks it down to the exact package.

Question is what came in this package? I'm sticking with the OP's car has some additional bells & whistles on it compared to other GT500's.

Steve

Steve I agree with you and it's still not solved. You did shed some light with your post on what the package is but we still need to find out what comes with the package. Thanks I'm sure with all the knowledgeable people on here we will get to the bottom of this.

Working on it now.. sent you a PM.

Andy

Archived