TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Break in for Extreme brakes

Just trying to break in the the extreme brakes I installed and after about 300 miles I am still noticing a rotational rub from the rear brakes only, when I turn a corner.

I have been doing some 100% braking from 100 mph and the brakes respond great, but I am wondering about this rub after the brakes are warmed up.

Any adivce?

Doug

07XL0218

Just trying to break in the the extreme brakes I installed and after about 300 miles I am still noticing a rotational rub from the rear brakes only, when I turn a corner.

I have been doing some 100% braking from 100 mph and the brakes respond great, but I am wondering about this rub after the brakes are warmed up.

Any adivce?

Doug

07XL0218

Just to drill down; Did this rub start only after the extreme install?

BTW, welcome to the 40th bast@*$ childrens club!

Just to drill down; Did this rub start only after the extreme install?

BTW, welcome to the 40th bast@*$ childrens club!

Yes, the rub started after the install.

I had it out again and did 4 brake stand stops from 100+ mph and got the brakes smoking, seems to have helped. Back in town today and I will try some more if I still get some rubbing.

Doug

Any adivce?

Doug

07XL0218

If it is the Baer Extremes you are asking about, here is a link to the Baer site, they would be the best people to answer the questions you have about their brakes.

I believe that the 4th option "Rotor Seasoning" and the 3rd option "Pad Bedding" would be of interest to you.

http://www.baer.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=category&id=209&Itemid=4

Hmmmmm, this would be some good info. to include in a Super Snake owners manual.............

R

Thanks for the links, I have been doing all the seasoning and bedding as per Baer recommendations but they are still rubbing a bit. The box that the brakes came in actually had the procedure in it, so I have been following the procedure using the same instructions you see on the Baer site.

I have also tried driving a bit with the E brake thinking that it could also be causing the rub.

Doug

Archived