TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Steering wheel vibrations

Fraz_6156

Hi guys and gals,

I'm new to the forum and not even sure how to post. I bought a new set of wheels and tires from Cruizin Concepts. It was the super snake wheel and tire that included tpms and Toyo Proxes 4 tires. They came balance and mounted but I could feel a shake in the steering wheel. So I brought it to the dealer and had them road force balance them but it's still shaking the wheel, I've had it aligned and balanced again twice at two different shops, but still I have the shake. Cruising Concepfs doesnt want to help. Any one have any ideas to what's going on.

Hi guys and gals,

I'm new to the forum and not even sure how to post. I bought a new set of wheels and tires from Cruizin Concepts. It was the super snake wheel and tire that included tpms and Toyo Proxes 4 tires. They came balance and mounted but I could feel a shake in the steering wheel. So I brought it to the dealer and had them road force balance them but it's still shaking the wheel, I've had it aligned and balanced again twice at two different shops, but still I have the shake. Cruising Concepfs doesnt want to help. Any one have any ideas to what's going on.

I would like to know too :headscratch:

My guess is that the TPMS is not secure to the wheel and is slowly moving around the rim. I had problems with one wheel never staying balanced, and sure enough, the darned sensor finally came completely detached. Unfortunately, that was in the middle of the closed-course high speed Terlingua run last year (somewhere north of 160mph). That was interesting :baby:

There is a thin clip that secures the brake rotors to the studs/spindle at all four corners of both the Mustang GT and GT500. Did you remove these prior to installing the wheels? If not, I'll bet my left 'magic' pinky that doing so will solve your problem.

11MustangV6_11.jpg

There is a thin clip that secures the brake rotors to the studs/spindle at all four corners of both the Mustang GT and GT500. Did you remove these prior to installing the wheels? If not, I'll bet my left 'magic' pinky that doing so will solve your problem.

11MustangV6_11.jpg

are you kidding me or not ? :headscratch: ,,

It's no joke. The OE wheels have a cavity that clears this clip but most aftermarket wheels do not and it throws the wheel off center just enough to be felt.

I had forgotten about that. Mine have been gone since April '07. But lots of guys had this same issue when the Super Snake wheels first hit the market. Good call :call:

Hopefully the OP will let us know what he found.

Archived