TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Bluetooth music streaming and text messaging

lemarin

In my GT500 2011, I have the base shaker 500. I do have an IPhone 4 as cell phone. Its easy to do Bluetooth streaming through the shaker, but is it possible to browse through my iPhone music folder directly on the radio head unit ? Right now ifs easy to skip the song, but I cant see the title on the radio screen.

Also I try to read my text messages through the Sync function, but the radio is showing that my phone is not compatible with this function ? If the IPhone is not compatible, which phone is compatible ?

In my GT500 2011, I have the base shaker 500. I do have an IPhone 4 as cell phone. Its easy to do Bluetooth streaming through the shaker, but is it possible to browse through my iPhone music folder directly on the radio head unit ? Right now ifs easy to skip the song, but I cant see the title on the radio screen.

Also I try to read my text messages through the Sync function, but the radio is showing that my phone is not compatible with this function ? If the IPhone is not compatible, which phone is compatible ?

My HTC Desire plays blutooth audio fine. Text to voice is not available in Canada. Many sync features are crippled in Canada due to CTRC/French regulations. Quebec is screwing it up for the rest of Canada "again". Lol

My HTC Desire plays blutooth audio fine. Text to voice is not available in Canada. Many sync features are crippled in Canada due to CTRC/French regulations. Quebec is screwing it up for the rest of Canada "again". Lol

Once again.....and we love NPD !

loll

Once again.....and we love NPD !

loll

I'd still rather see French on my box of Cheerios than Chinese. But at the rate the Chinese are buying up property in Vancouver, that could soon change.

I read on consumer reports that there are only a couple of phones on the verizon network that are compatible. None on the rest.

My Samsung Captivate (at&t) works very well streaming music via bluetooth. I've even piped the audio from a youtube video thru the stereo via bluetooth.

Still working on getting the "Destinations" app to work along with "Syncmyride".

I read on consumer reports that there are only a couple of phones on the verizon network that are compatible. None on the rest.

My Samsung Captivate (at&t) works very well streaming music via bluetooth. I've even piped the audio from a youtube video thru the stereo via bluetooth.

Still working on getting the "Destinations" app to work along with "Syncmyride".

I have the Droid incredible and it works great with my sync....music, you tube,texting,my phone nav., all work great.... only thing that sucks is I can't see the song I'm playing unless I look at the phone , and also can't say specific artist or song when using blue tooth....

On my 2010 Volkswagen Golf, I can browse through the different music's folders of my Iphone. Of course there's a slight delay beween the display, and the moment I click the button, butit works great, and tittles shows up on the radio's screen as well.

i use a Zune--it has full functionality with the SYNC, it should since MS makes both---voice commands are great, and it shows song title et al fine.The Zune has video but havent tried it thru the sync.Im buying a Droid incredible today--glad to hear it works too.Wond if i can put my Zune toons on the Droid??

If the IPhone is not compatible, which phone is compatible ?

Go to mysync.com and there is a list of compatible phones.

I just got a Verizon (Android) Thunderbolt 4G and *it* is not text compatable.

And it's the latest greatest thing to come out since sliced bread.....says the Verizon sales rep!

Phill

I believe streaming audio over Bluetooth does not show song name or artist. Playing through USB does though. Once you sync either through Bluetooth or USB you can then select any playlist or artist you want. I have iPhone 4.

When are they going to allow text message reading for iPhone!!

I believe streaming audio over Bluetooth does not show song name or artist. Playing through USB does though. Once you sync either through Bluetooth or USB you can then select any playlist or artist you want. I have iPhone 4.

When are they going to allow text message reading for iPhone!!

You means, just like the phone book tranfer, you can transfer your playlist / songs titls at fist (using sync), then it will display them on the head unit screen ?

I have an iphone 3G and I can browse through the music on the car when it's connected via USB. I have a 2010 with the base shaker 500...

This is normal, we're talking about bluetooth streaming here....

I have an iphone 3G and I can browse through the music on the car when it's connected via USB. I have a 2010 with the base shaker 500...

Yeah, same with my Thunderbolt. I was referring to the lack of txt ability via sync. I think I only saw 1 phone on the sync compatability list that gives you txt ability.

Archived