TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Need a stencil for SGT stripes bumpr to bumpr

Tired of this stripe and hood scoop nonsense.....gonig to have my hood replaced with a deep draw (mid draw to clear my whipple) and paint the stripes on.....

so.........is the painter going to have to spend hours taping off the side stripes....or does someone know where I can get a stencil?

any help would be greatly appreciated.

I am in the process of painting mine on, had a local sign shop make me a reverse stencil after I took him a rub of my lettering. It took some time, but he matched it perfectly and saved it so if i needed another set he could run me one. I got 2 sets (just wheel well to the door, paint guy can lay out the rest) for $70 in paint mask so it would be compatible for painting, I thought this was a fair price considering the time he spent getting the letters(font) to match. I don't know what the lettering is on your car, but mine is SHELBY GT-H. If you can use any part of it I am sure he can crop it.

Like other's have said, just about any graphics shop should be able to do this for you reasonably. However, if you don't find any near by Fine Line signs and graphics here in Denver did mine and I'm sure could hook you up. Of course they did an actual duplicate stripe for mine to use as a stencil as my car was painted gold, then with their stencil, the black was painted over the gold and then cleared. But once they have the layout, they can do about anything with it.

http://finelineonestop.com/

+1000...

Micheal, get a graphic shop to do a stencil. When the stripes are painted on ask to see what brand clear they are using. On a black car, you do not want cheap clear, and you want 3-4 coats. After each coat has been applied, the painter needs to lightly block sand and let breath before the next coat is applied to do it right....when done...it will be seamless, and VERY durable...may take longer and cost more, but I know you will never sell you car, so do it to where it will last and outshine anything else around (expcept maybe Helaina's car...LOL)

Alex

Thanks Jeff and Alex....and everyone......I will get a stencil made and/or contact Fineline..........

and also interesting to read........you painted the car gold and then black everywhere except the stripes....

very interesting........:shades:

Obviously not the entire car, but yes, the gold was painted over the top and down the lower side panels. Then the stripes were taped off and the black was painted over the gold, then cleared. If you've never seen the thread it is here:

http://www.teamshelby.com/forums/index.php?/topic/39575-painted-stripes/

If you contact Fine Line, the account is probably under my painter's name. Dan Ambrosio of Ambrosio concepts.

Obviously not the entire car, but yes, the gold was painted over the top and down the lower side panels. Then the stripes were taped off and the black was painted over the gold, then cleared. If you've never seen the thread it is here:

http://www.teamshelby.com/forums/index.php?/topic/39575-painted-stripes/

If you contact Fine Line, the account is probably under my painter's name. Dan Ambrosio of Ambrosio concepts.

Same here, painted the silver first then the blue.

well, this isnt working out so good so far.......I contacted 2 grapic shops and neither one has any experience making a reverse stencil like I need for the stripes....

and the body shop/paint that has the car says it will take "a lot of labor" to tape off the car without a stencil....... :banghead:

didnt account for this problem in my planning......

the saga continues..........

well, this isnt working out so good so far.......I contacted 2 grapic shops and neither one has any experience making a reverse stencil like I need for the stripes....

and the body shop/paint that has the car says it will take "a lot of labor" to tape off the car without a stencil....... :banghead:

didnt account for this problem in my planning......

the saga continues..........

Just finished up my paint last week, turned out great. Still have to sand and buff yet, stripes turned out great! I don't understand the painters /body shop issues you are having. I did the body work (coached) and my buddy did the painting. He has done this before as he has several cars in his shop that have been restored. He is a very good body/painter and his mentor is a body shop guru around this area. The stencil was applied to the front fender and the rear was layed out with fine line tape. I will try to post a few pics.

This is the guy I used:

Sign Ventures, 478-923-0015, ask for Tony Dykes. He made me 2 sets in paint mask, it peels off very easy when removed. He saved the stencil in his computer so if I needed any more he could run me one. Tell him you want the "SHELBY GT-H" reverse stencil, he will know what you are talking about.

Can't wait to get this SHELBY out for a drive!!!!!!

Just finished up my paint last week, turned out great. Still have to sand and buff yet, stripes turned out great! I don't understand the painters /body shop issues you are having. I did the body work (coached) and my buddy did the painting. He has done this before as he has several cars in his shop that have been restored. He is a very good body/painter and his mentor is a body shop guru around this area. The stencil was applied to the front fender and the rear was layed out with fine line tape. I will try to post a few pics.

This is the guy I used:

Sign Ventures, 478-923-0015, ask for Tony Dykes. He made me 2 sets in paint mask, it peels off very easy when removed. He saved the stencil in his computer so if I needed any more he could run me one. Tell him you want the "SHELBY GT-H" reverse stencil, he will know what you are talking about.

I'd like to attempt painting mine on one day. Could you post your steps?

Mask, scuff, paint, buff ?

or did you clearcoat entire car?

Thanks for posting your help! Cheers!

This is the guy I used:

thanks KC.......I left a message for Tony this afternoon........

Hey Michael, I have a donor car if you're looking for the SC graphics..... and I know there is a certain member on here (won't mention his screen name) who has done this type of stuff in the past. Contact John.

thanks Dougie, but not looking for SC graphics, just trying to replace what I already have in paint.......

thanks KC.......I left a message for Tony this afternoon........

I don't think you will be disappointed, the pics are what you will get. I didn't get the full run, we laid the rest with fineline tape. My buddy that painted the car and I are in the process of wet sanding and buffing now. Painted black and then laid over the gold stripes, then cleared 3 coats (DuPont G2 Clear).

DSC01203.JPG

DSC01220 (Small).JPG

DSC01203.JPG

DSC01220 (Small).JPG

I don't think you will be disappointed, the pics are what you will get. I didn't get the full run, we laid the rest with fineline tape. My buddy that painted the car and I are in the process of wet sanding and buffing now. Painted black and then laid over the gold stripes, then cleared 3 coats (DuPont G2 Clear).

He might be away......I left a message for Tony yesterday and today.....havent heard back yet...........I will keep trying.

He might be away......I left a message for Tony yesterday and today.....havent heard back yet...........I will keep trying.

I can run by his shop, it took me alot of checking around as there are plenty of sign shops in my area.

I can run by his shop, it took me alot of checking around as there are plenty of sign shops in my area.

he called me back last evening.....he will return from vacation Monday and promises to help me with the stencil I need.....

dont know if you went by there or not.....but thanks very much again. :salute:

Archived