TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Any orders on the GTS?

SWEDEMAN

OK, I am with Swede now... looks great but not one HP above the base GTS. Give me the base GTS

and add the SC for the same price. Plus there is no guarantee that it will be any more limited than the

regular GTS when all the numbers sold are tallied. Again, more power to SA and any who buys one,

and I'll be happy to help sell them in NY, but not my cup of tea.

-Tom

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

OOPS my math was off by about $30,000 I was adding the $60,000 price tag for a GT350 Sorry

Sorry I was wrong.... but the price for conversion on the 50th GTS is $30,000 plus the car so that would make it around $55,000 to $60,000 not $85,000 like I mentioned earlier.

OOPS my math was off by about $30,000 I was adding the $60,000 price tag for a GT350 Sorry

Sorry I was wrong.... but the price for conversion on the 50th GTS is $30,000 plus the car so that would make it around $55,000 to $60,000 not $85,000 like I mentioned earlier.

Hey man FIGURE IT OUT!!!!! WTF can't you read!!!!!!

:hysterical:

I would love to see SA get hooked up with Overseas Military Sales Corporation OMSC. These guys are a special domestic car sales organization that is aimed at service personnel deployed. With the amount of Mustangs and Shelby's I've seen running around Schofield Barracks I would assume those cars are being bought by GIs coming back. OMCS will take your order, deliver the car to where you want it, and hold it until you return. Now, if we can get OMCS and SA hooked up together I'll bet there would be quite a few more ... of everything!!

I want a 94 RS America in Blue.

If I did not have my SGT I would have a hard time picking a new Shelby, the 500 is cool the GTS is cool the 350 is cool. The Boss is cool, is there any 800hp 5.0 Bosses out ther thats way over the top power.

Maybe on the next body redesign I will pick up a new one...

Tjys-I think you made a great choice! SC is cool, my two cents, go for it!

360 Modena is also a sweet ride and lower costs for a driver, from what I have heard. My car is almost done with paint, looked at it yesterday and it looks like I was going to drive it off the showroom. A 1-of--a-kind GT/SC......awesome!!!:)

360 Modena is also a sweet ride and lower costs for a driver, from what I have heard. My car is almost done with paint, looked at it yesterday and it looks like I was going to drive it off the showroom. A 1-of--a-kind GT/SC......awesome!!! :)

360/550... can't afford either, but would be pleased as punch with either if I could.

As for the 94 RS America, should've bought one back then when I could have afforded it.

Dealers couldn't sell the damn things and were giving big discounts... too austere. But I

loved the simplicity of it. Now it's a collectable.

Sorry, back on topic... yay/boo the GTS.

-Tom

360 Modena is also a sweet ride and lower costs for a driver, from what I have heard. My car is almost done with paint, looked at it yesterday and it looks like I was going to drive it off the showroom. A 1-of--a-kind GT/SC......awesome!!! :)

Man I have been gone too long...did you repaint your car?

The 360 is cool. The 550 was made in much lower numbers and has the traditional Ferrari front V-12 GT configuration.

Hope your well Swede...ypou heading to the Bash?

Man I have been gone too long...did you repaint your car?

The 360 is cool. The 550 was made in much lower numbers and has the traditional Ferrari front V-12 GT configuration.

Hope your well Swede...ypou heading to the Bash?

Yes the car is repainted and it looks like it did when I drove if off the showrrom......sweet. I did stay with the factory stripes though as i wanted to keep it as a stock GT/SC. I know I was tempted to paint on the stripes but I didn't.

The 50th bash would be awesome I really don'ty know too much about it I'll find out more soon hopefully.

On the ferrari the 360 is more of a driver than 550 with the V-12 but if I had all the coin in the world it would be a V-12. Who knows maybe a 360 modena is in the cards or GT350 or something but I am getting a little motivated to do something as there isn't much more that i can do with the GT/SC, but it looks awesome.

Hope all is well with you too Randy, take care.

I want a 94 RS America in Blue.

If I did not have my SGT I would have a hard time picking a new Shelby, the 500 is cool the GTS is cool the 350 is cool. The Boss is cool, is there any 800hp 5.0 Bosses out ther thats way over the top power.

Maybe on the next body redesign I will pick up a new one...

Tjys-I think you made a great choice! SC is cool, my two cents, go for it!

I would love to get the SC. Every conversation I have with my wife out of Afghanistan the comes up. The answer is always the same - no. I think I'll give up since it's going to be her car ... BUT I sure would love to have the SC!!

Tell her it isn't a SC, that it's a new safety device to help keep the inside of the motor dry when it rains.

Now that's hilarious!! Too bad she's a vehicle mainenance officer ... or it just might work.

post-35354-0-81037700-1326575876_thumb.jpg

post-35354-0-81037700-1326575876_thumb.jpg

Now that's hilarious!! Too bad she's a vehicle mainenance officer ... or it just might work.

Can\'t you believe this.JPG

Thank GOD for our uparmored vehicles! I was in an armored Hummer that had the entire front end blown off similar to this MRAP. The vehicle was a loss and my gunner was a little shell shocked since his head was up out of the hatch at the time, but the crew compartment was intact and we all walked away just fine.

Those double "V" hulls work out pretty well in the bigger vehicles. The IEDs coming out of Iran are getting bigger though and are creating some problems. It would be worse if the Afghani's could figure what they were doing but it's only a matter of time before the Iranian's show up or the Pakistani's lend their expertise.

Does anyone have any tricks to mounting license plates on the front of their Shelby's? I bought a special mounting kit for my GT500 which works ... but what happens on the GTS? Any idea's??

Now you guys are right on the money, for the price of the 50th GTS (25K) or NA GT-350 (27K), I'd

certainly choose the V-6 GTS package, and then swap the drivetrain from the BOSS (figure selling

the brand new V-6 engine/trans can help defray the installation costs). I know we all must be thinking

BOSS crate engine if our 4.6L 3V engines blow. I know Ford is.

-Tom

Now you guys are right on the money, for the price of the 50th GTS (25K) or NA GT-350 (27K), I'd

certainly choose the V-6 GTS package, and then swap the drivetrain from the BOSS (figure selling

the brand new V-6 engine/trans can help defray the installation costs). I know we all must be thinking

BOSS crate engine if our 4.6L 3V engines blow. I know Ford is.

-Tom

Who needs to wait for the 4.6 to blow :)

Does anyone know of any kits to mount front tags on cars without putting hole in the bumper?? Once I get the GTS home I would rather not have to drill holes to mount the plates. Hawaii is a real stickler about mounting plates front and back.

Does anyone know of any kits to mount front tags on cars without putting hole in the bumper?? Once I get the GTS home I would rather not have to drill holes to mount the plates. Hawaii is a real stickler about mounting plates front and back.

yes

Yes, the brand many use is Hide a plate. Ebay and others have/had them. They bolt underneath the front fascia and can slide into position and back. Here in TX the troopers are the same, demand a front plate and when i asked hm where would you attach it to the front of a Terlingua, they just said "nce car" youneed a front plate, "nice car" you need a front plate... really just like that the one would told me whilestaring at the Shelby.

Let me know if you have trouble finding it and I will help.

David

Who needs to wait for the 4.6 to blow :)

Forged internals.......that bottom end will stay together. I really like that new 302, well thought out, very well constructed. I think the 2013 Boss killer (black with mat black stripes would be nice).

OK back on topic....GTS in either V-6 or V-8 is "way" over priced but I do like the 50th edition's appearance, but the $ number is too strong for my blood. Rather have a N/A GT350.

Forged internals.......that bottom end will stay together. I really like that new 302, well thought out, very well constructed. I think the 2013 Boss killer (black with mat black stripes would be nice).

OK back on topic....GTS in either V-6 or V-8 is "way" over priced but I do like the 50th edition's appearance, but the $ number is too strong for my blood. Rather have a N/A GT350.

Keeping it Shelby and still deciding - without going Boss 302

Ford Racing heads, cams & intake kit $4500

E-force supercharger $7500

2012 5.0 engine conversion $12,000

Yes, the brand many use is Hide a plate. Ebay and others have/had them. They bolt underneath the front fascia and can slide into position and back. Here in TX the troopers are the same, demand a front plate and when i asked hm where would you attach it to the front of a Terlingua, they just said "nce car" youneed a front plate, "nice car" you need a front plate... really just like that the one would told me whilestaring at the Shelby.

Let me know if you have trouble finding it and I will help.

David

Thanks David. I'll look this up. I tried to google all kinds of phrases for front plates but nothing came back.

OK, back on topic:

1. If you think the 10K and 12K GTS packages are way overpriced, then what should SA provide at those prices?

2. Do you think the NA GT350 is overpriced? If not, then what makes it worth it?

Really not trying to poke here: I am curious. For the record I think the GTS packages are

somewhat overpriced, especially the difference between the two.

-Tom

Archived