TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Extended warranty

This has been discussed before but I thought it important enough to mention it again.

Reason being, the 2008 model is now 3 years old and an extended warranty may be on some peoples minds.

The bottom line is....The KR is NOT covered on an extended warranty plan.

So, if anyone that owns a KR and has purchased an ESP (Extended service plan) from the dealership NEEDS to get their money back. The KR is NOT covered under an extended service plan.

I will edit this thread with an actual ESP plan from FoMoCo.

...and here it is.

http://www.factoryplans.com/assets/cms/files/ESPProgram.pdf

Look at the last page under "Ineligible Vehicles and Usage" and you'll find the Shelby GT500KR listed.

I bet some dealers sold an extended warranty to a few KR owners unknowingly. They may have just went off it being a "Shelby GT500".

EDIT to add LINK to this older topic/conversation.

- Joe

That is from date of purchase for the three year factory warranty, yes?

Are you asking when the 3 year factory warranty starts? That's a great question. I'll try to find the correct answer.

Ok, and here is the answer that I got. The factory warranty starts at the point when the car is reported "sold". Now, there's something you need to be aware of. If there's a 2008 KR sitting on the showroom floor that has never been sold, you still need to check on it's warranty date. To do so, simply request the dealership to run the VIN # and to hand you the OASIS report. On the OASIS report will be a warranty start date. Even though that 2008 KR has never been sold, the warranty could have been started due to how the dealership does it's own financing. It's hard for a dealership to carry a car for that amount of time and have it as "unsold".

Good stuff, Joe.

The factory warranty does indeed start on the "in service" date which for most of us is the selling date but as Joe mentioned the in service date can sometimes be when the dealership puts dealer plates on the car and gives it to the wife to drive.

Also if anyone finds out that they do need to cancel their ESP contract because the KR is not covered be sure they credit you back 100% of the price you paid. If you financed the car they will apply this credit to the loan balance.

Steve

Thanks Joe, I'll check on it with the Oasis report. I think the car had 80 miles on it when I bought it. Don't know if the dealer ever put plates on it at that mileage. But maybe there are other reasons the clock got started.

Good stuff, Joe.

The factory warranty does indeed start on the "in service" date which for most of us is the selling date but as Joe mentioned the in service date can sometimes be when the dealership puts dealer plates on the car and gives it to the wife to drive.

Also if anyone finds out that they do need to cancel their ESP contract because the KR is not covered be sure they credit you back 100% of the price you paid. If you financed the car they will apply this credit to the loan balance.

Steve

I will be contacting FORD Very Soon, They sold me an extended Warranty but not from FORD it was from an aftermarket place I do not remember the name but many dealers are using them, anyway I called the to find out if they would cover the car and at first they said yes until they learned that FORD would not cover it under their ESP.. So I need to contact my selling dealer and have them refund me the money...too bad they cannot issue me a check back could have been the TVS I want J

Member "kidpa" posted a phone number to call about getting a refund but......only if you were sold the "FORD ESP" plan.

1-800-521-4140

Not sure how to go about getting a refund from an aftermarket company.

• 1 year later...

Archived