TEAM SHELBY FORUM

LED Lights

Has anyone replaced either the 3rd brake light or the tail lights with LEDs or sequential LEDs? Any issues, problems, or recommendations?

I purchased the third brake light from ebay a while back, I wanted the stock looking red lens. Only issue I have with it is that the lights stay on dimly lit for a while after you turn the car off...doesn't drain the battery or anything, you can't see it during the day, but they do remain lit for probably about 10 minutes...just very dim...I'm sure it has something to do with adding the leds to a standard bulb circuit...other than that, I really like it.

I purchased the third brake light from ebay a while back, I wanted the stock looking red lens. Only issue I have with it is that the lights stay on dimly lit for a while after you turn the car off...doesn't drain the battery or anything, you can't see it during the day, but they do remain lit for probably about 10 minutes...just very dim...I'm sure it has something to do with adding the leds to a standard bulb circuit...other than that, I really like it.

Are they brighter and safer?

Archived