TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Ford/Shelby Appreciation Day????

Hays1967

I just received my GT500 2 weeks ago and I was wondering if any of you have heard of a Ford or Shelby Sponsored Program where you fly to a race track and they let you drive the cars with professional driver who give you pointers.

I have a Friend who purchased a SRT8 and Dodge has a program where he flew to Florida and spent 3 days on the track learning how to drive the car and what its capabilities are.

Does Ford or Shelby have anything like this?? Anybody know?

White is Fastest! :)

post-8247-1174061130_thumb.jpg

post-8247-1174061130_thumb.jpg

I just received my GT500 2 weeks ago and I was wondering if any of you have heard of a Ford or Shelby Sponsored Program where you fly to a race track and they let you drive the cars with professional driver who give you pointers.

I have a Friend who purchased a SRT8 and Dodge has a program where he flew to Florida and spent 3 days on the track learning how to drive the car and what its capabilities are.

Does Ford or Shelby have anything like this?? Anybody know?

White is Fastest! :)

I don't know if it's exactly what you're looking for, but the Tulsa reunion this summer may offer a portion of what you want. Do a search on Tulsa or reunion and you'll find more info.

Also check in to your local scca or svtoa chapter. This owners association is sponsored by ford and hold track events all the time where you are partnered with an instructor who will teach you how to drive. There is also the sebring event sponsored by steeda and svtoa which is a weekend where you learn the limits on a skid pad, have instructor trained driving, and then get on the track yourself. I think it cost 230 for the weekend including lunch.

Roger

Archived