TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Can someone give me an idea of how hard these are to install?

I would be shipping them prepainted to the UK and would have a go at installing myself.

How hard it is to remove the glass? Its not a break to remove job is it? I don't know if they are glued in or not?

How much do they effect visibility? This is very important as I need to see out of these windows on our tiny narrow roads with crazy angled intersections.

Many thanks, peter

http://www.bangastang.com/_e/Mustang_Window_Louvers_05_09/product/S197-300/Silverhorse_Racing_Mustang_Window_Louvers.htm

I would be shipping them prepainted to the UK and would have a go at installing myself.

How hard it is to remove the glass? Its not a break to remove job is it? I don't know if they are glued in or not?

How much do they effect visibility? This is very important as I need to see out of these windows on our tiny narrow roads with crazy angled intersections.

Many thanks, peter

http://www.bangastang.com/_e/Mustang_Window_Louvers_05_09/product/S197-300/Silverhorse_Racing_Mustang_Window_Louvers.htm

Here is a link to the manufacturer instructions.

http://www.silverhorseracing.com/installation-tech-images-pdfs/S197-300%20Louver%20Installation%20-%20short.pdf

Good luck. These are the ones I want too but not quite ready since I have other mods that I want to do first. Looks like a decent price considering what is offered.

Peter, you can buy these directly from Silverhorse Racing in Melbourne Florida. I installed these on my car myself, but it does require purchasing the tool kit for removong the rear window. Also, when I received mine, the paint did not match the paint on my car. My car is Performance white. Silverhorse had me send back the louvers with my fuel cap so that they could do a match and sent me back a set that matched perfectly. Their customer service was excellent. One other thing, when you order the kit make sure they send you a tube of the adhesive that is not out of date. If I was going to do this again I would probably have a window glass expert remove the old window and install the new one. Mine came out fine, but since it was the first time I ever did this it took quite a bit of time so as not to damage any of the paint around the window during removal. Removing the old window is the toughest part. By the way the visibility with these louvered windows is OK and I can see out of them from inside the car very well. There is a slight distortion due to being a polycarbon plastic material, but overall OK. Here are a couple of pics of the finished instalation. I personally like the look and am happy with the results.

Here is the link to the Silverhorse web site:

My link

post-23730-0-42931600-1305568863_thumb.jpg

post-23730-0-22775800-1305568884_thumb.jpg

post-23730-0-64835100-1305569584_thumb.jpg

post-23730-0-42931600-1305568863_thumb.jpg

post-23730-0-22775800-1305568884_thumb.jpg

post-23730-0-64835100-1305569584_thumb.jpg

Edited by Nitro

Thanks much guys, you definitely helped my decision, Sadly its going to be a no, the biggest problem is that the window is not glass. I live in a big farming area, Even in the garage my car gets covered in dust/dirt. the window would be scratched to hell and back in no time, I have to be fanatical about washing the car with 2 buckets, rinsing out my drying rag and so on, still get scratches, Car has a light film of dust by the time I am done washing and wiping down. I still LOVE these louvers though.

cheers once again, this a VERY helpful forum and much appreciated by a fellow shelby owner who lives far away from the states.

Peter