TEAM SHELBY FORUM

First time taking the car to work

shelb08

Well, it's Friday the 13th and I've decided to tempt fate and made the decision to drive my car to work today for the 1st time. (08SGT).

I took the extra precaution and parked next to a 4 door Jeep (doors are shorter) and waited for some one to park next to me.

No big story here about someone dinging me or parking too close. But I'm just a wreck, pacing, looking at security cameras and such......

Getting done in 2 hours but it seems like 20, can't that clock move any faster?

Anyway, wishing everyone a great weekend.

WTF? A video camera shot in 2008? Do you have active satellite imaging?

It's a drone shot.............................anyone that touches the car gets a Hellfire missle up the butt!!!

Ima National level bodybuilder and when I go to the gym they let me park right at the front doors so i can see it. They sponsor me and I help them so it works out good. Its a fire lane but its really my Shelby parking spot. I just said if the fire dept has to come let me know so i can move.lol

Well, it's Friday the 13th and I've decided to tempt fate and made the decision to drive my car to work today for the 1st time. (08SGT).

I took the extra precaution and parked next to a 4 door Jeep (doors are shorter) and waited for some one to park next to me.

No big story here about someone dinging me or parking too close. But I'm just a wreck, pacing, looking at security cameras and such......

Getting done in 2 hours but it seems like 20, can't that clock move any faster?

Anyway, wishing everyone a great weekend.

It just never fails no matter how far away or when you go somewhere...someone is going to park right next to you. It's ridiculous, I make the point to park as far away and at the most inconvenient spot on the lot in relation to the front door. I could be in the store for 10 minutes and there's a filthy pickup truck right next to me magically when I come out. But then you see the people circling around the lot looking for the closest empty spot or someone about to pull out of a spot...what gives? LOL!

I'm to the point now....where I stopped caring. I can't give myself anxiety attacks everytime I go somewhere. There are inconsiderate idiots wherever you go...who have no respect for other people's property. The world will never be rid of them. I have horror stories to tell..but I just don't feel like reliving them.

Notice how close to the curb I parked, I left a good 3-4 feet on the driver's side and this is what I walk out 5 minutes later to find...SMH

People suck...no doubt about it.

227345_10100163867165939_25828208_48151305_1438177_n.jpg

Thank God I've never had that happen.......I always pick a spot like that waaaaayyyy out where nobody else is parked. If somebody did that to me I think I'd have to wait for them to come out :hysterical:

Beautiful ride, by the way!happy%20feet.gif

Notice how close to the curb I parked, I left a good 3-4 feet on the driver's side and this is what I walk out 5 minutes later to find...SMH People suck...no doubt about it.

EXACTLY! This is what I walk out to nearly every day after work or when I go somewhere. Some people can't resist being :censored:'s. Of course a pick up truck too.

AHHH! Just looking at that picture makes my blood boil.

Notice how close to the curb I parked, I left a good 3-4 feet on the driver's side and this is what I walk out 5 minutes later to find...SMH

I think the truck parked next to you like that because he knew you wouldn't ding HIM!

:hysterical: It's all about who you know ;) Well, I drive my car to work (it's my DD) so my security buddy keeps the camera on my SGT when I'm at work.

My son works security where I work, so all his buddies are watching it. Also, the director of security owns a gt and is a big mustang guy. Other than a little pollen, no worries about the car.....

It's satisfying to have one of those cheap little valve stem tools in your console, just in case you need it. :spiteful:

Just don't forget to put the cap back on to further the effect. :ninja:

jtubbs

Although I'd never advocate hurting someone else's car--even if they are *$$hole parkers, I think that having a stack of these would dissuade some people.

Site says that they're low tac--I assume that they'll stick and not really do any damage.

http://www.iparklikeanidiot.com/

I guess I'm fortunate - I drive mine to work every day, but we have reserved spots in the parking garage, and my two coworkers park on either side of me. Better yet, one of them rides a bike about 95% of the time. But I'm VERY careful when I park it anywhere else. I've got spots at both the grocery stores I go to where nobody can park next to me, and I go early enough in the morning that I can always get "my" spot.

But I figure it's just a matter of time - the ratio of smart drivers to dumbasses just ain't working in our favor.

[i guess I'm fortunate - I drive mine to work every day, but we have reserved spots in the parking garage, and my two coworkers park on either side of me. Better yet, one of them rides a bike about 95% of the time. But I'm VERY careful when I park it anywhere else. I've got spots at both the grocery stores I go to where nobody can park next to me, and I go early enough in the morning that I can always get "my" spot.

But I figure it's just a matter of time - the ratio of smart drivers to dumbasses just ain't working in our favor.

attachment=67489:mudcar.doc]

This is what I saw leaving my son's graduation on Saturday. I was actuallly thinking about driving the SGT but realized how crowded it would be. This guy in an Explorer was stuck in front of this car and just spinning. He hit several cars coming into the parking lot as well. The guy took off before I could get a plate number and let Focus driver know what happened.

mudcar.doc

mudcar.doc

I drive mine to work every day, that is until my 2012 Focus Hatchback comes in.

Instead of 17MPG I'll be getting 34MPG. Saving amost $100 a month on gas.

Then Shelby will get to be a garage queen and only come out when its clear and sunny.

Mother-in-law put my only ding on my front fender. She opened the front door of my wifes van

and dug a nice goober over the left front wheel. If she were a little younger I would have whooped her bottom.

She said "I feel bad for doing that".

Whatever.

Archived