TEAM SHELBY FORUM

About to pull the trigger on a 500GT

zimm17

I'm new here. I had a '12 GT on order for a few weeks, but rumors are the cars are on hold due to running out of NAV units because of the Tsunami in Japan. So I find out my dealer has a '12 Kona GT500 with nav, performance pack, and recaro seats sitting in the showroom. I was going to supercharge the 5.0 anyway, so after some thinking, I'm saying "screw it" and I should throw down the extra cash for the cobra which gets me a motor already supercharged (with warranty), better 6 speed and clutch, better suspension and wheels, plus I like having a "cobra". Now it's just a matter of getting them to budge under MSRP. I have another dealer with the same car minus the recaro seats and they'll sell it for $2000 under MSRP. I'm trying to get the recaro optioned car for $2k under MSRP. So either way I can't really loose.

If I get it, anything right off the bat that should be modded? I'm stepping up to the cobra so I don't have to do too much rather than modding the crap out of a 5.0.

congrats, i hope u end up with it. i would make sure they don't drill two holes into the front bumper!! that's just me.

Good call- I'll have to make sure they don't do that.

Here's a pic of it on the showroom floor.

IMG_1052.jpg

here is alink to a dealer/salesman on this site. In his post he is offering

$2500 off any GT500. The contact info is post #4.

His contact number is in one of the posts. He is also in NC, maybe that is close enough

for you.

Got mine for $2000.00 off, 50 miles from home. Dealer my whole family has been dealing with

for 20 years would not budge off of $2500 over window.

http://www.teamshelby.com/forums/index.php?/topic/67283-any-new-shelby/

If I get it, anything right off the bat that should be modded? I'm stepping up to the cobra so I don't have to do too much rather than modding the crap out of a 5.0.

Congrats on the potential GT500 purchase! There have been a few people getting $2,000 off MSRP on Shelbys now - so that is a good number to shoot for.

As far as mods - right off the bat, I would just wait a bit and get used to the car - depending on how and what you intend to use the car is key to what mods you might want of course.

But for the most part if I were to pick out the 3 most common mods around here : people work on the traction issues (mostly just different tires - some suspension) - Some get the resonator eliminator kit from FRPP - which makes the supercharger whine a bit louder. The only other is exhaust - some people feel that the stock exhaust is still too quiet. I personally find the exhaust just right for my tastes.

Hope you get the car!

Awesome! Congrats and I hope you get it! Me personally, I'd rather have a 550 or 600 horse GT500 than an 800 horse regular GT.

There's an unexplainable thing about owning a Shelby. I still can't quite put my finger on it and say exactly what it is...but it's a

unique feeling. To me, driving my Shelby feels better than the 3 Z06's I've owned, both Vipers...anything I've owned. This

is the first car in 20 years that I can honestly say I'll keep for a long long time. I love it!

There's an unexplainable thing about owning a Shelby. I still can't quite put my finger on it and say exactly what it is...but it's a

unique feeling. To me, driving my Shelby feels better than the 3 Z06's I've owned, both Vipers...anything I've owned. This

is the first car in 20 years that I can honestly say I'll keep for a long long time. I love it!

:yup::yahoo::yup:

Well the general manager won't go below MSRP for that car. I'm now working with another dealer to get one without recaro seats for $2k under msrp.

GT500.jpg

Zimm - I negotiated a really good deal in the DC area. I'll send you a PM with some details and you can follow up with the dealer if you'd like.

Congrats on getting close to your purchase. I'm one of those in line waiting since I decided to order mine exactly the way I wanted it. Kona Blue is the bomb!

Well I got a verbal "it's yours" and put $1000 down for him to get the car. I'm doing this long distance because I havent moved into the area yet. My dad will take delivery for me and have it sitting in the driveway when I fly in.

I'm new here. I had a '12 GT on order for a few weeks, but rumors are the cars are on hold due to running out of NAV units because of the Tsunami in Japan. So I find out my dealer has a '12 Kona GT500 with nav, performance pack, and recaro seats sitting in the showroom.

I just bought a new Ford truck from the same dealer I bought my 2010 Kona Blue GT500 from.

What I was told is, if you want a Kona Blue car (of ANY model) you better get it NOW.

Apparently the metalic in the Kona Blue and two other colors (the black my F-150 4x4 King Ranch Edition comes with (EDIT: Tuxedo Black Metalic) and the "Earth Metalic" that's on the Flex) are NO LONGER AVAILABLE due to the trouble in Japan.

I don't think it's the Nav screens that is the problem, I think it's the metalic paints. Well, I *know* there's a problem with the metalic paints but can't say either way on the Nav screens.

The cars that were already produced in those colors are all that's left. When I went on the Ford site to build my truck (to get a idea of what it should sell for) it clearly said my Black two-tone was NO LONGER AVAILABLE. The one I bought was already on the lot so I got one of the last ones in that color and the Flex in Kona has been discontinued for next year.

Get 'em while you can folks, 'cuz they it ain't gonna be long before you can't.

Phill

I just bought a new Ford truck from the same dealer I bought my 2010 Kona Blue GT500 from.

What I was told is, if you want a Kona Blue car (of ANY model) you better get it NOW.

Apparently the metalic in the Kona Blue and two other colors (the black my F-150 4x4 King Ranch Edition comes with (EDIT: Tuxedo Black Metalic) and the "Earth Metalic" that's on the Flex) are NO LONGER AVAILABLE due to the trouble in Japan.

I don't think it's the Nav screens that is the problem, I think it's the metalic paints. Well, I *know* there's a problem with the metalic paints but can't say either way on the Nav screens.

The cars that were already produced in those colors are all that's left. When I went on the Ford site to build my truck (to get a idea of what it should sell for) it clearly said my Black two-tone was NO LONGER AVAILABLE. The one I bought was already on the lot so I got one of the last ones in that color and the Flex in Kona has been discontinued for next year.

Get 'em while you can folks, 'cuz they it ain't gonna be long before you can't.

Phill

Phill - Appreciate your info. I've gotta say, boy oh boy oh boy I hope the info they gave you is wrong. sad.gif I'm hooked on Kona and in the middle of the build process. I'll be quizzing my dealer about it the next time I stop in there. I wonder if customer service would be of any use on a question like this.

Sween

Well this morning I get an email from my internet sales manager- says that car they are trading for has 200 miles on it! That dealer's website photo had a pic of the odometer at 12.1 and the car sitting in the showroom. And instead of them shipping the car today, they were going to wait until this Friday. I write back that I'm not happy about that and that car is a dealer demo and not "new". The next email comes back that the car isn't even available even after my sales guy "secured it". Crap! BUT he found another one identical, same price, only 50 miles reported, and they arranging shipping (and paying for it) to flat bed it from the dealership they are getting it from. Should have it this Friday.

If this one falls though, another option is the local one to my parents that has everything but the glass roof but they want $500 over MSRP. It's the car in post #3. BUT it's inside the showroom and has never been driven or stayed outside since they got it. So it's really new.

With the recaros, cover, and going from $2000 under MSRP to $500 over MSRP, that car would be $4500 more than what I'm currently spending- coming it at $60k out the door. Ouch.

I was at the point that just spending $50k on a mustang was getting crazy, and car I'm getting is $56k OTD with sales tax/tags/registration.

Hope the deal comes though this Friday for the cheaper car.

Well this morning I get an email from my internet sales manager- says that car they are trading for has 200 miles on it! That dealer's website photo had a pic of the odometer at 12.1 and the car sitting in the showroom. And instead of them shipping the car today, they were going to wait until this Friday. I write back that I'm not happy about that and that car is a dealer demo and not "new". The next email comes back that the car isn't even available even after my sales guy "secured it". Crap! BUT he found another one identical, same price, only 50 miles reported, and they arranging shipping (and paying for it) to flat bed it from the dealership they are getting it from. Should have it this Friday.

If this one falls though, another option is the local one to my parents that has everything but the glass roof but they want $500 over MSRP. It's the car in post #3. BUT it's inside the showroom and has never been driven or stayed outside since they got it. So it's really new.

With the recaros, cover, and going from $2000 under MSRP to $500 over MSRP, that car would be $4500 more than what I'm currently spending- coming it at $60k out the door. Ouch.

I was at the point that just spending $50k on a mustang was getting crazy, and car I'm getting is $56k OTD with sales tax/tags/registration.

Hope the deal comes though this Friday for the cheaper car.

Technically, the car is still considered “new” because it has never been titled to an individual. Mileage has little to do with whether a dealer describes a car as “new.” It’s more of a legal term stating the car has never been owned by anyone except the dealership.

Dealerships have demonstration vehicles for test drives and such that can be driven up to 10,000 miles and still be considered “new” because they were never registered to an individual, although sometimes those cars are available cheaper than if they were fresh off the assembly line.

With the recaros, cover, and going from $2000 under MSRP to $500 over MSRP, that car would be $4500 more than what I'm currently spending- coming it at $60k out the door. Ouch. I was at the point that just spending $50k on a mustang was getting crazy, and car I'm getting is $56k OTD with sales tax/tags/registration.

Hope you are able to get things worked out at some point. You're right...close to $60,000 is getting so crazy. Luckily for me - if I were shopping...all those expensive options aren't appealing at all. Give me a "no options" coupe.

Archived