TEAM SHELBY FORUM

CAI Questions

NMAv

Fortunately there is a bit of annominity on this web site so I don't feel so stupid asking dumb questions.

With the assistance of Justin, I have made the folloiwng changes to my vehicle:

2.6 upper pulley, 15% IW lower pulley, new custom tune, 65 mm CJ TB.

My next step will be to add some long tube headers and high flow cats. Getting the engine to breath easier seems to be the goal.

I've not really done anything on the CAI site of things. Should I? I've read about several different options, most of which require a new tune as well. The expected gains in terms of hp is less clear to me. Is this a worth while modification and what recommendations do folks have in terms of CAIs?

NMAv

Fortunately there is a bit of annominity on this web site so I don't feel so stupid asking dumb questions.

With the assistance of Justin, I have made the folloiwng changes to my vehicle:

2.6 upper pulley, 15% IW lower pulley, new custom tune, 65 mm CJ TB.

My next step will be to add some long tube headers and high flow cats. Getting the engine to breath easier seems to be the goal.

I've not really done anything on the CAI site of things. Should I? I've read about several different options, most of which require a new tune as well. The expected gains in terms of hp is less clear to me. Is this a worth while modification and what recommendations do folks have in terms of CAIs?

NMAv

Anyone ....

I have an 08 so I don't have the factory CAI. It was worth my while to do the mod. As for you the only thing I can think of is to get a new tube from JLT or any othe company that makes them for the stock CAI, it should help to keep the intake tube from squeezing in on itself under boost. Justin will be able to tell you if you need a tune for it but my guess would be no.

Archived