TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Its official

DubbsFaris

post-11131-0-18818900-1305168303_thumb.jpg

I know, but I guarantee it is the fastest 0-60 Terlingua in existence!! And it goes over curbs!happy%20feet.gif

:hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:

Maybe my "toying around" will get Shelby to build the real ones!!!!

WOW I am thinking live auction!

David

IMG_0144.jpg

My wheels happy%20feet.gifAnd I am envisioning a drag race similar to the one in Oceans 11....

Yup, Traxxas Revo Brushless running lipos and the faster pinion gear....65 mph+

It will pull a wheelie at 30! happy%20feet.gif

You're a jerk! I've been salivating over new RCs since I saw the Traxxas booth at SEMA last year. :rant2:

Currently I have a nitro Savage .25 and HPI MT2, and some electric on roads collecting dust in the garage. I've been wanting to step up to the brushless game both on and off road. :shift:

• 2 weeks later...

You're a jerk! I've been salivating over new RCs since I saw the Traxxas booth at SEMA last year. :rant2:

Currently I have a nitro Savage .25 and HPI MT2, and some electric on roads collecting dust in the garage. I've been wanting to step up to the brushless game both on and off road. :shift:

If your talking the Slash, then step away, the HPI Blitz is a far superior SC Truck to the Slash, regardless of the 4wd system.

If your talking the Slash, then step away, the HPI Blitz is a far superior SC Truck to the Slash, regardless of the 4wd system.

I've been diggin the Slash because it has 4x4 and Brushless, which the Blitz does not.

I am going to use it for bashing basically, no tracks for me, so the 4x4 and brushless would be nicer to have. Although I plan to sell my nitro Savage for a brushless one as well, the smaller trucks do look like fun.

I've been diggin the Slash because it has 4x4 and Brushless, which the Blitz does not.

I am going to use it for bashing basically, no tracks for me, so the 4x4 and brushless would be nicer to have. Although I plan to sell my nitro Savage for a brushless one as well, the smaller trucks do look like fun.

Your right the SC trucks are a F'n blast, and again the Blitz doesn't come in brushless form, but after doing a lot of research prior to the purchase of my first Blitz I too looked at the Slash and Slash 4x4.

The Blitz is LiPo ready however, which makes a HUGE difference in how it performs right out of the box, but once the stock 15T motor shows it usefulness it's time to upgrade, so with that said, and like you Slash you spend extra monies rectifying the areas................

Bashing, I'm all for bashing as I haven't raced since 1987 with Tamiya and AE's, so things have changed ALOT, but like you I love just running around and goofing off with my whip, and I am highly abusive to my equipment, so after the initial purchace here is where I stand, with NOT a single mechancal issue other than killing the factory 15T motor:

Here's the mean-ass little truck, sporting a Fuze 5800kw brushless motor and ESC, Vennom 5000mAh LiPo's, JCustoms Tense wheels and Pro Line Grabber sticky blue dot tires:

222609_10150576172365529_529070528_18236050_71830_n.jpg

216449_10150576173115529_529070528_18236060_1997951_n.jpg

227829_10150576171815529_529070528_18236039_1128693_n.jpg

Now let me state, the Fuze system is WAY TOO POWERFUL, with all forward motion programmed on the minimal settings, this thing still pulls 25-30mph wheelies on command, anything more programmed in the ESC, just is undrivable!!!!

A few here have seen this thing run, and it's just retarded at how fast it is, but in a way that's good because it will teach you throttle discipline real quick, but you can drift a turn just like the 4wd's, even though you do have to be gentle trying to squirt out of the apex, again discipline, but the end result after learning how much power you turn on, is cool, pulling 3 wheels or even a wheelie outta the turns rocks!!!

Two things, are the stock Maxxas tires are just plain awesome for bashing, but leave a little to be desired for "Hooking Up", as they will leave back marks on the concrete, and if not easy on the go fast trigger spins sideways to 50+ mph, a little hairy to say the least.

The suspension once dialed, which only takes a few times driving has a large amount of travel, and is pretty forgiving, and once you also change tire, and locate the battery, if not careful, overly aggressive driving will put it on it's lid if you like bunches of turn-in like myself, especially on high grip surfaces.

Another thing, unlike the Slash, the rear toe blocks come WITH the truck, for setting up the handling, along with a boat load of extra, spare, and upgrade parts in the box.

But, hey it's all personal opinion, check this, here's a little bashing, although this guy has the suspension tucked (why I don't know :/) and has the dampning set way, way to high, but still.......... Bash away!

Now even though bashing is the fun here, I do go and practice my hand and eye co-ordination with it, along with adopting suspension tuning techniques for both on a off-road, it's not just a toy but a tool too.

With this I have also put a small track together, and will be adding some jumps, and step-ups here in the very near future...........

217513_10150564873815529_529070528_18113494_4949762_n.jpg

206832_10150564874125529_529070528_18113497_6558998_n.jpg

217505_10150564875190529_529070528_18113500_2201656_n.jpg

226104_10150576182910529_529070528_18236206_7168510_n.jpg

Ok now that I ran off with the opinions, this was on of the reviews I saw that probably made me go and hammer my Hobby Shop with, and the MGR of the store I got mine, also runs a Slash 4x4 Platinum, and said he also had reliability issue with his, this is Part 2 of 2........

I also think this guy hits a lot of good points on the Slash also.........

http://youtu.be/KiaNExb3xJM

Also to be fair in a way, I have a second Blitz, which does have a replacement 12T Traxxas motor, and programmable ESC, and though I love the brushed 12T, the ESC absolutely SUCKS!!!!!

Even though it's water proof, it has lack luster throttle control, and the most pitiful brakes I have ever seen, but the positive, is that you have to learn to carry the momentum and work the throttle quite a bit more, kinda like controlling something that's out of control, other than the Traxxas changes, it is box stock down to the belted Maxxas tires.

KEEP BASHING!!!!!!!!!! :shift:

Some good info, thanks for the links. Wish you were local, I need a bashing buddy :shift:

Yeah, that would be cool, be really nice to put the two (Apples and Oranges) side by side and do our own bashing evaluations.

On a side note, would be really interesting to see HPI put out a 4x4 Blitz, seriously though, nothing against the Slash, it is a great truck!!

Both have their own pros and conns.

The only other needed mods I could really think of at this point, would be a faster, steel gear/shaft steering servo, and a programmable 2.4gig radio.

At this venture till I blow out the dampeners a 35w front and 30w rear oil seems to be working fine for control and bite.

Till then I'll wait on getting a variety of linear rate springs with new aluminum bodied dampeners, with a rear sway bar.

Hey Warren, How you been doing? Its fun just watching to see what kinda new toy your going to come up with next.....I think we will have to race your Terlingua Raptor against the GT350R! Question is who will drive the one you don't....lol

Archived