TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Door rattle is driving me NUTS!!!

Granted my car is kinda pissing me off this week, but the past couple days windows down driving has emphasized how awful of a door rattle I have. And with the Shaker door subs it makes it even WORSE! I figured out that it's the window switch plate/panel. if I just rest my hand on the panel it goes away... remove it and it rattles my teeth out. Rattles and squeaks drive me NUTS as it is, but this is awful!

Anyone else experience this in their SGT? If so... HOW THE HELL DO YOU FIX IT?!

Welcome to the world of mustangs, my SGT had A and B pillar rattling, ac vents rattling and the oem door speakers....yeah they rattle also. I've stuffed news paper between the pillars, some gel like glue on the passenger AC vent and plan getting some kickers for the door speakers. I still have random creaks and rattles but I just crank up the volume and that along with the SLP loudmouths I can't hear the bad.

Welcome to the world of mustangs, my SGT had A and B pillar rattling, ac vents rattling and the oem door speakers....yeah they rattle also. I've stuffed news paper between the pillars, some gel like glue on the passenger AC vent and plan getting some kickers for the door speakers. I still have random creaks and rattles but I just crank up the volume and that along with the SLP loudmouths I can't hear the bad.

The main problem is that the car needs a subframe connectors that will keep the body tight less vibration less rattles plus I used sound proofing in the doors and floors., trunk. I also used for cheap dollars heating and cooling vent insulation wrap. Researched sound proofing and heat alot of people use it did my 72 f100 major difference in the winter nice and warm. When I did my doors before putting the panel back I cut strips on the sound proof and used as buffer between panel and door frame. Also undercoated truck and stang and use the sound deadner behind the door speakers right up against the speaker from behind so sound goes out not rattle inside the door.

Interesting that you say the car needs subframe connectors. The s197 is the stiffest Mustang chassis every, and from my experience doesn't flex much for a unibody. The new cars don't have very many rattles. I mean, if you can pinpoint the damn thing.... that's saying something. LOL. I guess it's because I grew up with the old muscle cars that made a symphony almost of noises- it was part of the experience.

I would try some sort of plastic epoxy under the panel OR remove it, and reinstall it with 3m tape.

Granted my car is kinda pissing me off this week, but the past couple days windows down driving has emphasized how awful of a door rattle I have. And with the Shaker door subs it makes it even WORSE! I figured out that it's the window switch plate/panel. if I just rest my hand on the panel it goes away... remove it and it rattles my teeth out. Rattles and squeaks drive me NUTS as it is, but this is awful!

Anyone else experience this in their SGT? If so... HOW THE HELL DO YOU FIX IT?!

polyurea.jpg

Interesting that you say the car needs subframe connectors. The s197 is the stiffest Mustang chassis every, and from my experience doesn't flex much for a unibody. The new cars don't have very many rattles. I mean, if you can pinpoint the damn thing.... that's saying something. LOL. I guess it's because I grew up with the old muscle cars that made a symphony almost of noises- it was part of the experience.

I would try some sort of plastic epoxy under the panel OR remove it, and reinstall it with 3m tape.

Every car has some flex I can't remember what magazine that they had a write up on s197 body flex the car is unibody not a full chassis. I installed steeda's brace and will oneday will stiffen the frame up with a steel brace.

Racerx009, why are you repeating what I just said and agruing about it? The S197 mustang chassis is a unibody construction- the chassis and body are one piece. It is NOT a body on frame design. The S197 chassis is most likely the stiffest factory mustang chassis Ford has ever produced.

One of the advantages of pulling the mufflers off is you don't hear all the rattles. I compare rattles to paint chips, after the first few, it gets easier. Got 32,000 miles on it now, and even though its a Shelby, and is parked in the garage 4-5 months a year, its still a just a car (just a really cool one :happy feet: )

Racerx009, why are you repeating what I just said and agruing about it? The S197 mustang chassis is a unibody construction- the chassis and body are one piece. It is NOT a body on frame design. The S197 chassis is most likely the stiffest factory mustang chassis Ford has ever produced.

Lover I'm not arguing with you if I was it would look like this :rant2::rant2::angry22::wub: and not repeating what you said. I was stating that yes the car is a better design to the oldies and all unibody's have come a long way in durabiltiy. But for a new mustang and any performance car with a unibody will have more flex than a ford focus just to the fact of putting more strain on the body by way of low profile tires and harsh shocks and springs. Plus the 3500rpm launch with drag radials I also have tested how the car flexs on jack stands by trying different placement of the stands. In one position I opened my drivers down and when closing the door with the window up the top of the window hit the outside window trim. I had to put the window down to close the door. Plus with a real chassis car you can put nice bushings in between the frame and body to make it a harsh ride or soft. A firmer ride will cause nice rattles sooner or later. I hope this cleared the air and remember the mentally challenged shouldn't be second guessed just say hi and continue on your way :lol:

Archived