TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Oh where, Oh where is my Shelby?

crazy8racing

Good Day: I am a new Shelby 2012 owner. I too pre-ordered mine this past Feb. and it finally came in 1 week ago, May 9. Initial delivery date was April 29. Looking at the "Flat Rock" reports can be unnerving. Choosing the ZL1? I think not. When your GT 500 comes in it Will be well worth the wait.

Hang in there! Because your Shelby with black exterior, Non-delete Red colorado Lemans stripes Will look something like this:

Welcome to Team Shelby!

That's a beautiful car and you're certainly going to enjoy it. Waiting sucks, but making up for lost time can sure be a lot of fun!

John

photo.php

The wait is over and now we have old vs. new. Follow the link to facebook and the new Shelby is there in a face-off with the AMX. You will also see the two young men who have laid claim to each car. They each have a few years to go.

Sorry that you have to follow the link but I anot having much luck posting picures.

Tom

photo.php

The wait is over and now we have old vs. new. Follow the link to facebook and the new Shelby is there in a face-off with the AMX. You will also see the two young men who have laid claim to each car. They each have a few years to go.

Sorry that you have to follow the link but I anot having much luck posting picures.

Tom

Hey tom looks nice !! You have me crying over your AMX :cry:

• 2 weeks later...

My new Shelby GT500 was supposed to be delivered on May 6th. Nottttttt! It is in transit and was supposed to be in Tampa on May 6th but as of today is MIA with a Raptor and an Explorer. My wife said the delivery truck crashed but we know that would not happen. Maybe the driver took it for a spin or it could be exploring while the raptor is hunting. I don't think the put i thoptional life raft for flooding issues. Oh well maybe this week?

I have a Vin but no car and it is spring time.

2012 Shelby GT500 Convertible

SVT

Black with Red stripes

Thats the way it is supposed to come anyway.

:hysterical: Sorry to hear (and for the laugh),bro! Driver took it for a spin :shift: ? LOL.You should have reported it to the Police.

Thanks Racerx009! Very well said. The only thing that has changed with dealerships in close to 40 years is the names and faces. Tactics are still the same. I've worked in about every department of a dealership at one time or another. Salesmen are just made to lie. Once they get your money, they could car less. I'm going to tell them "If you like the looks of this Mustang, then you better take a picture, cause you aren't going to see it again". I'l be damned if I will ever take it back to them. If the sales is this bad, then can you imagine the service department. Hopefully I can get another lie tomorrow, so I can get a good laugh.

I received a good news call this AM. The birdie at the factory said that the car is in Gibson, ID and moving west. Hopefully it will be here by the 10th. Thanks to all who have listened to me vent. The only thing that helped my to not go nuts were the posts telling how some members had to wait. Some of them even longer than I have. Keep you fingers crossed that it arrives and I get that first drive. I will have a permagrin after that first drive.

I received a good news call this AM. The birdie at the factory said that the car is in Gibson, ID and moving west. Hopefully it will be here by the 10th. Thanks to all who have listened to me vent. The only thing that helped my to not go nuts were the posts telling how some members had to wait. Some of them even longer than I have. Keep you fingers crossed that it arrives and I get that first drive. I will have a permagrin after that first drive.

You were due for some good news. Hang in there and hope you're machine shows up very soon.

Vent anytime you like !!!! I do and it's safer for me to do it hear than to the wife or my shrink and since its summer it would not be wise to anger the wife. Summer isn't nice time for a lock down :hysterical:

But I have to state 2x's a dealership salesman pissed me off in all my experience with them. The first one is Ramsey Infiniti in NJ they only serve the rich as I found out first hand. I was looking to trading in my 2004 toyota highlander it had 55,000 it was fully loaded one scratch on the front bumper less than 1/2 inch. The salesman said its a 4,000.00 fix so my trade in was only going to be 15,000 total trade in. The poor salesman was a puppet he had to run back and forth to get answers from the manager they all sitting in his office and refused to come speak to me. Why because they asked for my employment an being a NYC cop we are assumed poor mean while my truck is paid off and is only 2yrs old. So the manager told the salesman to shake my had and say sorry no deal. I told the salesman wow didn't no salesman meant puppet !! But I got the last laugh 2 days prior to my visit, I had a internet conversation and then on the phone with their internet sales lady. I faxed over my paid off title for my truck my last 2yrs of salary which was high 90's per year. I had an excellent credit report owned my house. Well she happened to be off when I popped in but she gave the manager a heads up about me and he was to lazy to get off his butt. So, I made a deal over the phone with Ray Cantena Infiniti for a FX35. I was on my way to the dealership and the Ramsey girl called me on my cell she was upset she said she heard how I was treated and how the manager screwed up. He wanted to speak to me she said they will give me 1,000.00 over what my trade is at the other dealer. I told her tell your manager 1,000.00 to me is like a dollar. Next time he should get off his fat ass.

The other dealership was a BMW dealership the salesman told me that only certain people can own a M3 maybe I can get into a used SUV. I lost it and went off on him people stop chatting and just stared at us. I told him a monkey can do your job and I said your right I forgot you need a college degree to be a car salesman. I said in college they teach you if a person wears expensive clothing and watches he's a rich person. Here I am with ripped sweats and shirt I asked him to let me use his computer and I pulled up my bank account his jaw dropped. I said family money A-hole your in the wrong field maybe chinese food delivery boy.

No love for a salesman

I like telling people the monkey thing gets them pissed I used it on my neighbors landscaper my house is on a dead end and the last 3 houses are the richey's so the landscaper feels that it would be wrong to park by their houses. Well on his 3rd strike his guys were putting all their equipment on my lawn I thought of taking it since it was found on my property.

But I rather rip him a new one I walk up to him and say I can't stop you from parking in front of my house and waking my kid up from her nap but I can call my buddy at INS to check if your employee's are legal and your paying them on the books. Or I can put flyer's up to cut grass for 10.00 a house and buy a monkey to do the work. He never parked in front of my house.

Enjoy and remember people do need to be guided

Archived