TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Oh where, Oh where is my Shelby?

crazy8racing

My new Shelby GT500 was supposed to be delivered on May 6th. Nottttttt! It is in transit and was supposed to be in Tampa on May 6th but as of today is MIA with a Raptor and an Explorer. My wife said the delivery truck crashed but we know that would not happen. Maybe the driver took it for a spin or it could be exploring while the raptor is hunting. I don't think the put i thoptional life raft for flooding issues. Oh well maybe this week?

I have a Vin but no car and it is spring time.

2012 Shelby GT500 Convertible

SVT

Black with Red stripes

Thats the way it is supposed to come anyway.

My new Shelby GT500 was supposed to be delivered on May 6th. Nottttttt! It is in transit and was supposed to be in Tampa on May 6th but as of today is MIA with a Raptor and an Explorer. My wife said the delivery truck crashed but we know that would not happen. Maybe the driver took it for a spin or it could be exploring while the raptor is hunting. I don't think the put i thoptional life raft for flooding issues. Oh well maybe this week?

I have a Vin but no car and it is spring time.

2012 Shelby GT500 Convertible

SVT

Black with Red stripes

Thats the way it is supposed to come anyway.

OHHHHH, that was YOUR Shelby?

Well, I must say, that is one sweet ride. It will lay down some rubber for a good 300 feet if you keep your foot lightly on the Brakes. The Convertible has the right amount of counter balance perfect for doing Donuts to. The one problem that we did find is that you can't run the Miles back by driving it in Reverse, believe me, we tried, we even went a good 30 Miles in Reverse and NOPE, no Miles came off. I will tell you this though, it WILL blow the doors off of a Camaro SS, especially if you Power Shift with out using the Clutch. All I can say is WOW, your Shelby is AWESOME. Thanks for the Fun, I will never forget it. I owe you a Beer. You should be getting it by this weekend.

Edited by tesgt350

Took mine out today for a long ride.......felt good!!!!!!!!!!!!! :shift:

and you your not to far from me make sure you keep your doors locked at a red light !!! If you call the cops I will get naked and eat a can of beans and stain those nice seats :hysterical:

Stop your crying at least you guys have one coming !!!!! I'm going to have to car jack a GT500 to get a ride I'm willing to stop paying my mortgage or sell my wife is that allowed still ??? the wife

Pictures please..lol

Pictures please..lol

I learned on thing never ever drink ice cold apple juice by the quart on really hot day and then get stuck in traffic into nyc. I made it to my off site flew in jumped out car still moving I cleared out the shop. :hysterical:

Update!! Now the dealer is telling me that the car will take three weeks to get from Flat Rock, MI to Walla Walla, WA. First they said 10-14 days to get here. Can't trust car dealers. GM puts that to shame. The Camaro came from Canada and it only took nine days. I'm really beginning to regret ever buying the Shelby. I should have just waited for the new ZL1. It will be here before the Shelby gets here.

Update!! Now the dealer is telling me that the car will take three weeks to get from Flat Rock, MI to Walla Walla, WA. First they said 10-14 days to get here. Can't trust car dealers. GM puts that to shame. The Camaro came from Canada and it only took nine days. I'm really beginning to regret ever buying the Shelby. I should have just waited for the new ZL1. It will be here before the Shelby gets here.

I got the run around from my local dealer in 89 tthey told me 1 week left a deposit really wanted a vert but they told me it would cost a lot more. I found out from another ford dealer that it would be at least 4 weeks. They track down a 89 vert gt for me went their paid 17, 500 fully loaded

I always try and buy off the lot My dealer That I buy from now he gets GT500 he has a blk one with red stripes

Well even if it comes in now will not be able to get it till next. My three boys have a harescramble offroad motorcycle race this weekend so off we go. I have tried to sell my wife and the kids an no one will buy them.

Hey I don't mind to pick it up for you :shift:

As soon as someone buys my 1973 Mach 1 CJ. I can buy my Shelby. Not enough garage space, need to make room. Help a girl out, if you know someone interested in it let me know.

My wife really stired them up today. Caught the sales manager in his forth lie. When I first made the deal, it was 10-14 days after it leaves the factory. Exceptance is half the battle to life, and I guess that's what I need to do to keep my sanity. Now the sales manager told my wife that it would be at least 21 days before it get here.

Yeah, you could have ordered a ZL1 Camaro and you MIGHT have received it by now............ BUT, it wouldn't be the same.

Stop your crying at least you guys have one coming !!!!! I'm going to have to car jack a GT500 to get a ride I'm willing to stop paying my mortgage or sell my wife is that allowed still ??? the wife

Two questions................how much do you want for the wife and does she come with a muffler?

Two questions................how much do you want for the wife and does she come with a muffler?

Enough to get a GT500 and she comes with a muzzle and electronic collar and a pet/ marriage license I told her and my sister that NY Gov changed marriage license now you have to renew marriage license every 6 months. If you choice not to you can drop her off at the pound :hysterical:

Racer,I think your new Shelby was delivered to my house instead of yours,ha ha. Now I have a 2011 AND a 2012 !!!!!!! I think they mixed the zipcodes up or so!!!!!!!!!!! :violin:

I'm on my way my wife said I can stay with you guys for a while if anything I can set up a tent on front lawn.

As soon as someone buys my 1973 Mach 1 CJ. I can buy my Shelby. Not enough garage space, need to make room. Help a girl out, if you know someone interested in it let me know.

If you like I can keep your shelby in my garage when you want to drive give me a week notice to drive it down :shift:

My wife really stired them up today. Caught the sales manager in his forth lie. When I first made the deal, it was 10-14 days after it leaves the factory. Exceptance is half the battle to life, and I guess that's what I need to do to keep my sanity. Now the sales manager told my wife that it would be at least 21 days before it get here.

What I laugh at is from my days working in dealerships and even the days of buying cars. Is when I see fake college rings on the salesman and service writers. Cause as a mechanic in a dealership the service writers. They act like your beneath them they had to do 4yrs of college to be a service writer or service manager love to point out there college rings and inquire. So what college did you attend really the ring doesn't match the college of course I lieing to rattle them. Then if one tells me and proves he's real then I say really collge for this job. I have no heart towards a dealership they are all run on a lie from the owner to the janitor Once they get your money then the smoke and mirrors are off Best is when a salesman trys to talk down to you that your not person that belongs in a highend car. I then proceed to make a scene and fool out of the salesman.

I don't have a college degree and never try and act like I have one. In my job you have to be a good lier to catch a bad person in a lie. But I'm not telling the lie to make a sale then take your money. The sad part is when your car finally gets there they will play it off that you were the bad guy and they deserve a pat on the back. Shameful

Any up dates........He left here with it a while back.........I hope you still have Tread on them Tires because I really made them smoke............. :happy feet:

Edited by tesgt350

Guys complaining about a two week delay?:hysterical:

Now THAT is really funny.....try waiting 9 months to a year for a Shelby, then come talk....:finger:

I can beat that I waited till 40 years to have a kid !!!! With a red head devil who took my car fund away I went from a POW ( prisoner of work) to Pow again but now its Prisoner of wife :(:cry: Actually at work me and several guys we tell a supervisor whrn address I'm P.O. W

I can beat that I waited till 40 years to have a kid !!!! With a red head devil who took my car fund away I went from a POW ( prisoner of work) to Pow again but now its Prisoner of wife :(:cry: Actually at work me and several guys we tell a supervisor whrn address I'm P.O. W

Good Day: I am a new Shelby 2012 owner. I too pre-ordered mine this past Feb. and it finally came in 1 week ago, May 9. Initial delivery date was April 29. Looking at the "Flat Rock" reports can be unnerving. Choosing the ZL1? I think not. When your GT 500 comes in it Will be well worth the wait.

Hang in there! Because your Shelby with black exterior, Non-delete Red colorado Lemans stripes Will look something like this:

post-33198-0-42220500-1305847612_thumb.jpg

post-33198-0-42220500-1305847612_thumb.jpg

Okay, here is the update. The Shelby made it to Tampa and I am going to pick it up in the morning. My 12y/o is skipping school to go with me to get it. Bad Dad right nahhhh he cleaned out the garage to put it in. It will look very nice next to the 1968 AMX 390. The 11y/o wants the AMX and the 12y/o wants the Shelby. Should i tell them they can have them when I die?

Okay, here is the update. The Shelby made it to Tampa and I am going to pick it up in the morning. My 12y/o is skipping school to go with me to get it. Bad Dad right nahhhh he cleaned out the garage to put it in. It will look very nice next to the 1968 AMX 390. The 11y/o wants the AMX and the 12y/o wants the Shelby. Should i tell them they can have them when I die?

Cool...Congrats.... :happy feet: Enjoy...