TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Putting Deposit Down for SGT/SC!

08SGT/SC

I finally saved enough money and worked out a quote to get a supercharger installed at Tasca with the Shelby GT/SC side stripes and badges I'll be putting down the deposit tomorrow. :peelout: I was wondering what everyone's thoughts were on not having the gauge pod installed, is it safe to be running the car around not knowing the oil pressure and boost?

I finally saved enough money and worked out a quote to get a supercharger installed at Tasca with the Shelby GT/SC side stripes and badges I'll be putting down the deposit tomorrow. :peelout: I was wondering what everyone's thoughts were on not having the gauge pod installed, is it safe to be running the car around not knowing the oil pressure and boost?

Ok, I'll say it one last time..............................get all you can while it is there and get the pod you'll love it! In the "big" scheme of things a few hundred extra dollars will not make you or break you but it will sure dazzle your brain when ever you look at those gauges with CS signiture in the middle! What's another $8 hundy between friends anyway? :hysterical:

I have a center gauge pod in my CS6 and never even look at it, I saved hundreds however using the CDC center pod with gauges that can be changed to match the "My color" dash feature and I installed it myself..I think the total cost was about $300.00.

I must admit however with matching the pod to the dash color it looks really slick at night.

Other than that, the actual item gets old quickly.

I doubt if even avid track racers have time to focus anywhere than straight ahead.

By the time you would notice an issue, it's probably too late especially at high speed.

If however you have the extra money and you want the genuine Shelby accessories then go for it....after all...it's only money...

I have a center gauge pod in my CS6 and never even look at it, I saved hundreds however using the CDC center pod with gauges that can be changed to match the "My color" dash feature and I installed it myself..I think the total cost was about $300.00.

I must admit however with matching the pod to the dash color it looks really slick at night.

Other than that, the actual item gets old quickly.

I doubt if even avid track racers have time to focus anywhere than straight ahead.

By the time you would notice an issue, it's probably too late especially at high speed.

If however you have the extra money and you want the genuine Shelby accessories then go for it....after all...it's only money...

"By the time you would notice an issue, its probably too late especially at high speeds"

What...............what the hell did you say? Hahahahahahaahah. Now that takes the cake!

Dude it sounds like you don't like your 6 cylinder CS car or you need your head checked because the gauge pod is something that 99% of GT/SC's have. Every true Shelby , even back in the 1960's had some type of gauge on the dash. Oh I see you have no supercharger? OK I get it.:slapfight:

Lucky you! Congratulations! If I were doing it, I would get the pod.

Deposits in, I should be dropping the car off later this month and picking it up the first week of June. For now I held off on the gauge pod since I don't have 1200 bucks to spare for the gauge pod and install costs. Has anyone installed the Shelby gauges themselves? I may just try to save up money to buy one to install myself down the road.

On the gauge pod I'm very much on the fence. I loved the look of it but found the action on the gauges to be visually distracting. Movement was enough in my peripheral vision to draw me to look at it.

I never did find a way to turn the lights off at night.

I have no guages installed...maybe a rare set up in about 50 years, as most seem to get them...

To be honest when I am getting with it, I am not looking at any guages...sometimes the tach when I realize I am hitting the limiter in a moment of bad driving....these things just rev and rev and the power is really fun...

You could always add them later...Brakes however I can solidly say you will need....car was boarderline dangerous with the stock SGT ones and the skinny tires...

Congratulations...you will dig it I am sure!happy%20feet.gif

I'm also in the no gauge camp.... I would need the higher dollar versions that at least change color to alert to a problem as I'm NOT going to be looking at any gauge when going WOT. I'm focused on the road and the sound!

"By the time you would notice an issue, its probably too late especially at high speeds"

What...............what the hell did you say? Hahahahahahaahah. Now that takes the cake!

Dude it sounds like you don't like your 6 cylinder CS car or you need your head checked because the gauge pod is something that 99% of GT/SC's have. Every true Shelby , even back in the 1960's had some type of gauge on the dash. Oh I see you have no supercharger? OK I get it.:slapfight:

Excuse me ...but unless you actually have something constructive to contribute please keep your junveile comments to yourself..

FYI... I do have a supercharger and with 2k miles on the "Shelby/Paxton" head unit it was completely smoked just tuning the car on a dyno so what exactly did a gauge pod do for me ...NOTHING...

If your spending your time watching your gauge pod "Dude"...you don't really like your vehicle as it's the tach that needs watching not your boost gauge as that will only go so high and if you oil pressure fails, especially at high speeds your in deep s**t before you get stopped and shut down.

My eyes are on the road not watching the pretty needles bounce up and down...

BTW...I appreciate the history lesson that "every true Shelby" had some type of gauge on the dash...seems several individuals responding to this thread don't have a real Shelby because they didn't

opt for the $800.00 gauge pod and I guess every one of us that own a GT-500 since 2007 don't own a Shelby vehicle either unless Shelby installs a gauge cluster....are you for real ???

Did you actually read what you typed before you posted it..?

Excuse me ...but unless you actually have something constructive to contribute please keep your junveile comments to yourself..

FYI... I do have a supercharger and with 2k miles on the "Shelby/Paxton" head unit it was completely smoked just tuning the car on a dyno so what exactly did a gauge pod do for me ...NOTHING...

If your spending your time watching your gauge pod "Dude"...you don't really like your vehicle as it's the tach that needs watching not your boost gauge as that will only go so high and if you oil pressure fails, especially at high speeds your in deep s**t before you get stopped and shut down.

My eyes are on the road not watching the pretty needles bounce up and down...

BTW...I appreciate the history lesson that "every true Shelby" had some type of gauge on the dash...seems several individuals responding to this thread don't have a real Shelby because they didn't

opt for the $800.00 gauge pod and I guess every one of us that own a GT-500 since 2007 don't own a Shelby vehicle either unless Shelby installs a gauge cluster....are you for real ???

Did you actually read what you typed before you posted it..?

How does that new supercharger run? Did you buy another one from Shelby or have a pro tuner put one in? Do you like the V-6 or do you think the V-8 would have been better? The gauge pod....................99% of people who bought the GT/SC have them, so sorry you have an issue with the SC from Shelby American but it has nothing to do with you blown and over or under tuned SC! Good luck and good racing. ;)

Deposits in, I should be dropping the car off later this month and picking it up the first week of June. For now I held off on the gauge pod since I don't have 1200 bucks to spare for the gauge pod and install costs. Has anyone installed the Shelby gauges themselves? I may just try to save up money to buy one to install myself down the road.

No Guage Pod ; This is a Shelby you know and a track car with no Guage Pod ; is no track car. :hysterical:

Scotty

HERE SOME PICTURES OF MY GT/SC AND IT'S GUAGE POD. THE PICTURES DO NOT DO IT ANY JUSTICE. EVERYONE WHO GETS INTO MY CAR COMMENTS ON HOW SWEET MY GUAGE POD IS. FOR ME IT WAS A NO BRAINER

post-18850-0-47221800-1305227891_thumb.jpg

post-18850-0-97188500-1305228159_thumb.jpg

post-18850-0-47221800-1305227891_thumb.jpg

post-18850-0-97188500-1305228159_thumb.jpg

No Guage Pod ; This is a Shelby you know and a track car with no Guage Pod ; is no track car. :hysterical:

Scotty

HERE SOME PICTURES OF MY GT/SC AND IT'S GUAGE POD. THE PICTURES DO NOT DO IT ANY JUSTICE. EVERYONE WHO GETS INTO MY CAR COMMENTS ON HOW SWEET MY GUAGE POD IS. FOR ME IT WAS A NO BRAINER

Bottom line is I want the gauge pod, but I don't have the money to buy it. I will most likely buy it and have it installed down the road unless you have 1200 bucks I can have ;)

Bottom line is I want the gauge pod, but I don't have the money to buy it. I will most likely buy it and have it installed down the road unless you have 1200 bucks I can have ;)

They should do it for $800++, ask them nicely they'll do it. OK on the other side of this, if you really do not have the extra $800++ bucks, why take the chance on even doing the SC install? If something were to go wrong after you had it done you could be looking at big dollars just to repair it, I would bag the install if the extra coin, in general, is not available.Seriously.

fuel pressure is important to see... dont boost it when your tank is low... cool apps for iphones that read obd2. will show alot of info!!! sometime you will need some gauges!!

actually gt500 doesnot use fuel gage stock so its not critical...

I do not at the moment have the gauge pod on my S/C car yet. The car has 2K gauge free supercharged miles. I make my modifications as cash permits. If you plan on becoming a CT resident going back to Tasca for the gauge pod installation should not be a problem. After waiting the 5 last months I purchased my gauge pod because it was finally back in stock. I want to install my gauges myself. If you ever choose to try the self install route I have the directions in pdf form. -Kevin

I do not at the moment have the gauge pod on my S/C car yet. The car has 2K gauge free supercharged miles. I make my modifications as cash permits. If you plan on becoming a CT resident going back to Tasca for the gauge pod installation should not be a problem. After waiting the 5 last months I purchased my gauge pod because it was finally back in stock. I want to install my gauges myself. If you ever choose to try the self install route I have the directions in pdf form. -Kevin

Yeah, I will be moving back to CT next May. Were you planning on taking pics of the install to put on the forum? I would like to try installing them myself as well, I guess I can make a decision based on your experience with your install.

Did Tasca do the install on the SC? If so was the price a $1K for the gauges? That seems a strong to me as most SC'd cars got them for around $800-900 bucks and even less when they were first available. It also depends on what else you have them install in the car, if it is just the SC then they have to make up the coin somewhere and I guess gauges are the place. You'll love the GT/SC option it is a very cool thing to have!

Did Tasca do the install on the SC? If so was the price a $1K for the gauges? That seems a strong to me as most SC'd cars got them for around $800-900 bucks and even less when they were first available. It also depends on what else you have them install in the car, if it is just the SC then they have to make up the coin somewhere and I guess gauges are the place. You'll love the GT/SC option it is a very cool thing to have!

Tasca will be doing the install for my supercharger. The gauge pod is 1250 installed (price of parts plus labor excluding tax) SPP has the gauges listed as approx 600 plus 119 for the adapter you need. I heard that the gauges are back in stock so I will probably just order mine when they are on sale to save 100 bucks. You can always order the parts from Shelby and have any mod shop install them if you like. Most SC'd cars got them for 800-900 bucks installed or just for parts?

I will be taking pictures of the install. I have documented most of my upgrades. The chances of posting a complete install on the forum is slim due to the increased negativity and attitude. If you did not buy your Shelby parts from Las Vegas or have them installed in Las Vegas that should be your choice. This forum was set up to share your interest, upgrades and even problems with your Shelby. I will let you know when I complete the install. -Kevin

I will be taking pictures of the install. I have documented most of my upgrades. The chances of posting a complete install on the forum is slim due to the increased negativity and attitude. If you did not buy your Shelby parts from Las Vegas or have them installed in Las Vegas that should be your choice. This forum was set up to share your interest, upgrades and even problems with your Shelby. I will let you know when I complete the install. -Kevin

Sounds good. Good luck with the install!

Tasca will be doing the install for my supercharger. The gauge pod is 1250 installed (price of parts plus labor excluding tax) SPP has the gauges listed as approx 600 plus 119 for the adapter you need. I heard that the gauges are back in stock so I will probably just order mine when they are on sale to save 100 bucks. You can always order the parts from Shelby and have any mod shop install them if you like. Most SC'd cars got them for 800-900 bucks installed or just for parts?

That is an installed price. But that being said, what can you do SA is in Las Vegas your in CT, pay it or have an outside shop do it later. I still can't believ that they said $1250 bucks..................... that is highway robbery at best, but what are you going to do...SGT or SGT/SC? SGT/SC for sure!

+1 post pics...I am interested in your build...it is your car....right on! happy%20feet.gif

I have it on my N/A car installed at SAI when I got the car. It is often one of the most commented on mods at car shows. Where you at in IA, would love to see your car after the SC install? Which SC are you going with?

GaugePod.jpg

I have it on my N/A car installed at SAI when I got the car. It is often one of the most commented on mods at car shows. Where you at in IA, would love to see your car after the SC install? Which SC are you going with?

GaugePod.jpg

I'm in Ames, IA. I'm getting the whipple 550 HO. I will be missing the car show at Valley Junction this year, I'm pretty sure I saw your car there last year. I will be going to the Southern Iowa Mustang Club car show on June 25th as long as I'm not out of state for business.

Archived