TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2010 super snake twist lock hood pins

I have been wanting to get rid of the pin style hood locks and go to the twist lock style like what is on the KR. does any one know if its been done with the 2010 ss hoods. Let me know, thanks in advance.

My link

would something like that work for ya?

Does the note below mean that the hood has to have recessed area's for the twist assy.?

"NOTE: Will work only on Recessed Hoods"

and the flat/angled hood area on the 07-11 Super Snake hood that is not recessed will not work?

R

Edited by Robert M

Does the note below mean that the hood has to have recessed area's for this twist assy.?

"NOTE: Will work only on Recessed Hoods"

and the flat/angled hood area on the 07-11 Super Snake hood that is not recessed will not work?

R

You will need a recessed hood for these locks.

I wanted twist-locks also, but after researching that option a couple of years ago and finding that the hood area below the twists required a cup/recess, which the Super Snake hood does not have, I went with these...........

Completely Super Snake unique, without the "twist"......

011-2.jpg

003-3.jpg

R

I wanted twist-locks also, but after researching that option a couple of years ago and finding that the hood area below the twists required a cup/recess, which the Super Snake hood does not have, I went with these...........

011-2.jpg

003-3.jpg

R

Love them Robert where did you get them from

Rob

That is what I found to be the case when I wanted to convert to twists.

Thanks, Robert

now just FYI, there is a little metal disc that comes with the Trufiber kit that lays down in the recessed portion. They are actually pretty cool. I ran them on their carbon fiber KR style recessed hood.

Edited by SnakeOver

Love them Robert where did you get them from

Rob

Rob - Those hood pins are "one-off", I bought the plain Shelby billet hood pin kit and had a friend engrave them. I just recently found the torx screws in stainless which replaced the phillips/cross point head screws that originally came with this Shelby billet hood pin kit.

R

Edited by Robert M

That looks Great!! What tire sizes are you running, front and rear?

R

thank you very much. Those wheels and tires were not normal LOL.

specs: 285/30ZR 19 Conti Extreme Contacts

325/25ZR 20 Conti Extreme Contacts

SSR MS1 19x11 -7 offset

20x13 -2 offset

011-2.jpg

003-3.jpg

R

I could deal with these style pins if there were no other options, and that is some nice engraving work on those pin holders. Question on the pins I was told that in that style you had to slightly bend the pin due to the taper of the hood is there any truth to that. Thanks JJ

I havent seen that color scheme before, cool!

Just curious, do you have to turn around when you come to a speed bump?:hysterical:

thanks for the compliment, she looks abit different now

IMAG0131.jpg

IMAG0118.jpg

and no, the car is not driven that low. I push a button to raise the car to the desired height, damper/rebound and continue mission :hysterical:

I could deal with these style pins if there were no other options, and that is some nice engraving work on those pin holders. Question on the pins I was told that in that style you had to slightly bend the pin due to the taper of the hood is there any truth to that. Thanks JJ

Yes JJ, I had to use a small rubber mallet and tap the upright pin to line up with the billet housing allowing the clevis to lay in the billet channel properly. I don't think that the pin itself bent, I believe it was the thin sheet metal that the pin is fastened to that repositioned when I tapped the pin. If it needs to be reversed, a simple tap back to the original position would be needed. It was not a major move of the pin to get the alignment for the billet housings/plates, no major metal stretching or cracking paint around the pin mounting point, nothing like that, just a few taps of the pin.

R

Edited by Robert M