TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Won 1st place

89hoss

Well I entered my first judged car show this weekend and won 1st place for modern muscle car over a Z06 corvette! I was pretty darn excited! I was runner up for the whole show, I did not pop the hood cause the engine bay was not as clean as I liked! So I had to make sure the interior and exterior were spotless! I was very pleases with the Wolfgang line of products!

Pretty cool to watch people look for the dash plaque to see if it is real, lol!

Well I entered my first judged car show this weekend and won 1st place for modern muscle car over a Z06 corvette! I was pretty darn excited! I was runner up for the whole show, I did not pop the hood cause the engine bay was not as clean as I liked! So I had to make sure the interior and exterior were spotless! I was very pleases with the Wolfgang line of products!

Really, without popping the hood? That's quite a feat! Congratulations! :happy feet:

Now go clean the engine!

:slapfight:

:hysterical:

Congratulations on the award. It's interesting that people were actually looking for the dash plaque. I mean.... there aren't that many SGT clones.... maybe it's because the car is so rare? I know that I've had to tell a bunch of car people about the car.

Congrats! Thats awesome. Enjoy the win. It's not very often you can win without popping the hood and having a really clean engine. I took mine to a show two weeks ago. My car was spotless and I did not win. I don't get to worried about winning. I received so many compliments thru out the day that it really made my day.

I was shocked myself the judges had asked why I would not pop the hood and I simply told them the engine was not as clean as i liked. There were only some 80 cars a few trucks and one bike that attended due to there were threed different shows that day but none the less it did pretty well i suppose.

Thanks for all the compliments.

Congrats! There's hope for me yet - I've lost count on number of shows I've attended and have yet to win anything other than a door prize! (Armour All :hysterical: )

A few of things I've experienced at car shows:

1) The clubs that sponsor them often enter, then vote on member's cars, which equals: You don't have a chance! :confused:

2) Car clubs swarm a show, then vote together for one of their members, which equals: You don't have a chance! :banghead:

3) You come to a show in your pristine SGT and the "judges" look at your car and think it's some sort of fake, then go running over to the GT500s, which equals: You don't have a chance! :rant2:

I let most of this stuff slide and try and enjoy the sites, sounds, and friends, but it's hard not to get frustrated!

Ah well, maybe I need to head up to Alabama!? I still have family outside of Tuscaloosa! (Everyone safe, only one house slightly damaged!)

Sam

Congrats on the win. I don't like to attend participant voting because car clubs usually come and vote for each other like mentioned above. I would rather have the hosting show organizers judge the cars themselves. So if you go to a show that has participant voting, either bring the whole car club with you or just enjoy the time.

Congrats took mine this past weekend to a car show got a trophy not 1st but not last either .But it was a blast most people loved the car some didnt The ones that didnt were the older types you know how they are .And yes the same old ??? is that a real shelby and i say o8sgt1860

Congrats!! It's all true, some clubs votes for themselves and the SGT not having the "snake" on them makes the audience believe it's a knock off Shelby so I attend more meets rather than car shows where there are judges. I am prepping my SGT for road course events now, it's time for a change, I was getting bored at seeing the same cars, same winners, and just standing around seeing all these great cars with blowers and killer engine work worth thousands but twill never be tracked or driven hard.

Congrats on the win. I don't like to attend participant voting because car clubs usually come and vote for each other like mentioned above. I would rather have the hosting show organizers judge the cars themselves. So if you go to a show that has participant voting, either bring the whole car club with you or just enjoy the time.

+1!

I NEVER attend participant judging shows or shows that are put on by clubs where the members of that club can win. That said in my experience the hosting club shows their cars but they are not judged. I liked real shows with REAL judges who use a point system and not some beauty contest.

So far I have 42...that's F-O-U-R-T-Y T-W-O trophies!

Winning in everything from club shows, regional mustang shows, local car shows, etc., it's all about cleanliness and presentation. Having a few things that set you apart but not throwing all sorts of silly emblems and stickers on till the car becomes a joke. I haven't done any car shows yet this year...I've honestly run out of room for trophies! If the car show bug bites me again I'll report back! :-)

The only reason I entered was that the procedes went to help the tornado vitims here in Alabama. I really don't like car shows myself for that reason. Especially mustang shows where they know what it is but are so jealous hearted they are driving their GT that they do not want to speak. Although I do love the reaction and the hating that comes with it. You have a few guys that are cool not many at all mustang shows.

Like you guys say most of the judged shows are car clubs, as well as the one I attended LOL. Here in Alabama there are not too many of these and most of the ones riding around with stripes are not the reall mccoy, lol. So a lot of people want to know hey is that a real shelby and others are like what is that?

+1!

I NEVER attend participant judging shows or shows that are put on by clubs where the members of that club can win. That said in my experience the hosting club shows their cars but they are not judged. I liked real shows with REAL judges who use a point system and not some beauty contest.

So far I have 42...that's F-O-U-R-T-Y T-W-O trophies!

Winning in everything from club shows, regional mustang shows, local car shows, etc., it's all about cleanliness and presentation. Having a few things that set you apart but not throwing all sorts of silly emblems and stickers on till the car becomes a joke. I haven't done any car shows yet this year...I've honestly run out of room for trophies! If the car show bug bites me again I'll report back! :-)

Jeff...................................it don't count when you buy'em!!!! :hysterical:

• 2 weeks later...

Congrats on the win as well.....We took our 07 Shelby GT to a show this last weekend and won a 1st place as well. I really like there judging system because even though is put on by a car club it is judged on a points system. I think one thing that set my car off from others is that I used ShowCar's Detail products on the car. The car was popping and nothing looked near as good in my opinion as our white Shelby.

There were 86 cars and trucks judged and they gave out 20 3rd place plaques, 20 2nd place plaques and 20 1st place plaques.

Presentation was a big key as well seeing we hung our new Shelby banner with the CSM# under the hood.

We had tons of compliments and as always like everyone else says is it a real SHELBY.......There was also a 2008 Shelby GT.

Get used to it : )

I won at Santa Monica and was not expecting it. I love the folks at the LA Shelby club. All Mustangers are awesome. To enjoy cars and people is always a great time.

2010 shelby show 005.jpg

Mike

2010 shelby show 005.jpg

Archived