TEAM SHELBY FORUM

FR500S for sale on ebay...

07SGT5687

Wow, that is a heck of a deal for an awsome track car. I know George Winkler and this car well. It is a great deal.

I also think it's a great deal as you can race this car for 30 years and then make money with it. (As long as you don't ball it up of course!)

The FR500S, along with the C, and othe FR500 cars, are factory built race cars. These absolutely will be collectibles some day. Quite a vew out of the only 75 produced have already been balled up beyond repair.

Edited by JeffJ

• 5 weeks later...

After seeing one of these at the last NASA event, I sure wish I had $30k laying around... and another $10k for a trailer... $45k for a truck to pull the trailer... so let's just around that too, I wish I had $100k laying around...

Next week this car will be parked in my garage next to my 1965 Mustang vintage race car. Can't wait to get to the track.

Larry contacted George later after the auction and made a deal. That auction ended back on May 12th.

That's correct. I'm not so sure that Ebay is the best place to sell a non-V.I.N / non-title race type vehicle and not that many non-Ford people are even aware of the car's unique history. I always wanted a nice track car and the FR500S is about as good as it gets, especially for amateur drivers like myself. The 4.6 spec motor that is standard for this car is not the most powerful but the 500S is all about handling. Should be delivered either Sunday or Monday and I'll post some pictures of both my 1965 R-model clone vintage race car and the 500S. regards, Larry

I can't imagine how excited you are about this car Larry. Wow. Very cool stuff! Someday I would also love to have one of those, but the next major car purchase I will be looking for will be a 07 GT-H vert for my wife. I'm probably about a year away from making that happen. A new job I start on the 20th will make that much more likely! I can't wait to see the pics. All the FR500 cars really deserve to end up with people who are passionate about these cars. I would die to have the only FR500GT in America which is currently for sale and sitting in the Larry Miller collection at Miller Motorsports park. But at greater than $150K......

P.S., I have an extra Barbasol shaving cream can with the FR500S Mustang Challenge car on it which I would be happy to send to you. PM me your address and I'll get it to you if you would like.

Edited by JeffJ

That's correct. I'm not so sure that Ebay is the best place to sell a non-V.I.N / non-title race type vehicle and not that many non-Ford people are even aware of the car's unique history. I always wanted a nice track car and the FR500S is about as good as it gets, especially for amateur drivers like myself. The 4.6 spec motor that is standard for this car is not the most powerful but the 500S is all about handling. Should be delivered either Sunday or Monday and I'll post some pictures of both my 1965 R-model clone vintage race car and the 500S. regards, Larry

Congratulations!!! That was a savvy move!!! ;@)

I can't imagine how excited you are about this car Larry. Wow. Very cool stuff! Someday I would also love to have one of those, but the next major car purchase I will be looking for will be a 07 GT-H vert for my wife. I'm probably about a year away from making that happen. A new job I start on the 20th will make that much more likely! I can't wait to see the pics. All the FR500 cars really deserve to end up with people who are passionate about these cars. I would die to have the only FR500GT in America which is currently for sale and sitting in the Larry Miller collection at Miller Motorsports park. But at greater than $150K......

P.S., I have an extra Barbasol shaving cream can with the FR500S Mustang Challenge car on it which I would be happy to send to you. PM me your address and I'll get it to you if you would like.

Your P.S. is also very cool!

The FR500S I'm getting is on page 266 of the 2011 Ford Racing Catalog. It's the red with white stripes car, positioned 3rd in the photo. Hope to have it at my house Sunday or Monday. thanks and regards, Larry

HUGE congratulations!!!

That is SO COOL.

Jer

After seeing one of these at the last NASA event, I sure wish I had $30k laying around... and another $10k for a trailer... $45k for a truck to pull the trailer... so let's just around that too, I wish I had $100k laying around...

Well the FR500S has made it to my garage. This is going to be a really fun car. The car's condition is "as raced" so it has a few ding / dent / scratches but is very very nice and original with a good race history. I've already managed to run it through the gears a few times and boy does it handle well. I've posted a few pictures. regards, Larry Miller

post-12928-0-26031100-1308064389_thumb.jpg

post-12928-0-10211400-1308064505_thumb.jpg

post-12928-0-21893100-1308064611_thumb.jpg

post-12928-0-26031100-1308064389_thumb.jpg

post-12928-0-10211400-1308064505_thumb.jpg

post-12928-0-21893100-1308064611_thumb.jpg

Well the FR500S has made it to my garage. This is going to be a really fun car. The car's condition is "as raced" so it has a few ding / dent / scratches but is very very nice and original with a good race history. I've already managed to run it through the gears a few times and boy does it handle well. I've posted a few pictures. regards, Larry Miller

Awesome purchase Larry !!! :happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet: I would loved to have gotten this car and shown up at Mid America in Tulsa and kick some Tail. Congrats again Larry !!!

Scotty g.

Unless you plan on actually racing someday in World Challenge, I would put it back to Mustang Challenge livery. But that's just personal preference of course! I've worked for both organizations, so all is cool! Awsome Larry! I'll see what other Mustang Challenge type stuff I have laying around in duplicate to send to you with the Barbasol can.

This is the best deal I have seen on the AutoArt 1:18 FR500S. For this price, get two and paint one like your car. It is an extremely quality piece:

http://cgi.ebay.com/FORD-MUSTANG-CHALLENGE-FR500S-2007-00-1-18-AUTOART-/400059131072?pt=Diecast_Vehicles&hash=item5d2561e4c0

P.S. treat the grille emblem with care as I do not believe that any of those are available for replacement. And I'm not giving mine up! :)

Millerbadge.jpg

Edited by JeffJ

Unless you plan on actually racing someday in World Challenge, I would put it back to Mustang Challenge livery. But that's just personal preference of course! I've worked for both organizations, so all is cool! Awsome Larry! I'll see what other Mustang Challenge type stuff I have laying around in duplicate to send to you with the Barbasol can.

This is the best deal I have seen on the AutoArt 1:18 FR500S. For this price, get two and paint one like your car. It is an extremely quality piece:

http://cgi.ebay.com/FORD-MUSTANG-CHALLENGE-FR500S-2007-00-1-18-AUTOART-/400059131072?pt=Diecast_Vehicles&hash=item5d2561e4c0

P.S. treat the grille emblem with care as I do not believe that any of those are available for replacement. And I'm not giving mine up! :)

Millerbadge.jpg

Jeff, I think you must have read my mind. I just spent over 3 hours searching the net to find replacement Challenge decals, no luck yet but have an e-mail to Miller Motorsport. My thoughts are to return the car to Challenge graphics, clean up a few of the dings, (but not all) and have fun with the car. George really had the car in top performing shape so it is a lot of fun to drive. All of the unique FR500S parts are still in place. It's amazing how many special racing parts are on the car. I noticed that the Challenge Grill emblem is held on by two spring clips so I may have to reinforce that a bit. The seemingly impossible parts for these cars are the Challenge Grill Badges, the Challenge faux gas cap emblem, the dash center stack toggle plates etc. Also I just purchased the Auto Art FR500s model and will convert it to the Winkler livery. My goal will be to track the car, maybe a Ford Dealership display, and an occasional Mustang style car show. Getting in and out of the car has been mastered, thanks to the pop off steering wheel. This car is going to be a lot of fun, both driving and displaying. thanks for your input and keep me posted if you can source any of the graphics, decals etc. regards, Larry

• 3 weeks later...

Larry,

Be sure to pick-up the August 2011 issue of Grassroots Motorsports. Your car is front and center on page 162, leading the pack at Summit Point (West Virginia) back in April of this year.

Congrats on the cool car with production AND documented racing history.

Gary

PS: For everyone, there is a good article on a 2011 5 .0 Mustang road racer with performance mod photos and text.

Larry,

Be sure to pick-up the August 2011 issue of Grassroots Motorsports. Your car is front and center on page 162, leading the pack at Summit Point (West Virginia) back in April of this year.

Congrats on the cool car with production AND documented racing history.

Gary

PS: For everyone, there is a good article on a 2011 5 .0 Mustang road racer with performance mod photos and text.

Thanks Gary, I'm heading to Books A Million this afternoon. This car is really a lot of fun and I like the "as raced" condition. regards, Larry