TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Call upon COP's

I shared this with Cardude !!! I always followed any news about New Orleans Police dept. It started when my buddy who was a cop at the time in NYPD and back in the early 80's he went down to New Orleans during Marti gra and got jumped and robbed by 3 guy's. He went to file a report about his wallet so tells the cop at the desk that he's a cop in NYC and what happened. The cop tells you don't need a report and takes my buddy over to a desk and opens the bottom draw. It's filled with handguns he tell my buddy just take one and if you see them just shoot them and toss the gun into the ocean. From that story it started and we all know how many times N.O PD made the news even when my guys from my PCT went down to help out during Katrina. They were taken back at some events !!

But in all my years in law enforcement of being called bad things by the public I have never had a Police Dept compared as a terrorist group and stated worse than one. It was in an article that I read online. Me and the wife had a good laugh it actually made me feel good that someone out there was a worse cop than me !!!!! :hysterical: Before this article came out my brother was down in New Orleans and he told me That this would be your dream job !!!

We have had a long history of really bad cops.it looks like the new mayor is trying hard to give the new chief what he needs to weed out the bad element.It's hard to explain why it's so bad i think it has a lot to do education or lack of.Then there the people who believe that they are owed something

and they pass on that thought process.I know a few NOPD officers and they tell me they just can not find enough quality candidates.The level of political corruption in the New Orleans and surrounding parishes is just crazy.Orleans has a large population of poorly education people that keep putting

the same crooks back in office they dont see that they are beeing missed represented. and use .And in the surrounding parishes you have a better educated person they are most likely in a two income family middle class struggling to pay the bills and no time to pay attention to politics.So they just

dont see whats happening until there is a big scandal.I suspect we are not that unique with the bad cops and corrupt politicians we are just a little more high profile.

Our city is being investigated by the DOJ currently.

After I read in a newspaper (edit: it was this April 2011, Harpers Magazine, p.20 about an actual court transcript...) about an officer telling a suspect "consitutional rights? I don't give a god#%@ about your mother%&*$# constitutional rights" and remarked to a friend about that quote he pointed me to this website;

http://www.injusticeeverywhere.com/

No disrespect AT ALL to the honor and dignity of the many fine officers I have met here on TS and that are in my family. There are good and bad in every profession.

It was noted by my friend that since 911 allegations of misconduct have risen 25 percent nationally, something that I suspected by the interactions I have had with traffic stops since 911.

edit...wrong source and I wanted to add the person who pointed me to the website is involved with Law Enforcement.

New Orleans PD needs to go out of state to hire seasoned cops. Baltimore PD always comes around to steal are seasoned cops and even Las vegas pops up and they go from PCT to PCT mostly the Busy ones. Baltimore PD tried to recruit me they liked my people skills :hysterical:

But most people think if your college educated that makes you better cop. In a poor area a college degree is not going to work I have seen guys talk the big words and in turn causing more of a problem. Do to the fact that the poor feel your talking down to them and thats where I come in !!! And the educated go running

As long as N.O hires local they will never get it straighted out I remember years ago on TV they did a story on the PD with a New commander and he was cleaning house . But later on he fell into the same trouble.

I know 1 man that can clean house there and stay true That's Ray Kelly my PD commish

To also clean up an area you have to gain the people trust without that alone your in trouble and it seem N.O has no friends due a large bad group.

Also if its like the movie Internal Affairs the good cops are out # by the bad seeds.

But over all would like to see them turn around so many more people travel there with no fears. When I left my PCT my C.O couldn't believe how many people called or stopped by the PCT looking for me and to make sure. I was ok and even called my cell # and offered my wife anything she needed for me to get back on my feet.

Our city is being investigated by the DOJ currently.

After I read in a newspaper (edit: it was this April 2011, Harpers Magazine, p.20 about an actual court transcript...) about an officer telling a suspect "consitutional rights? I don't give a god#%@ about your mother%&*$# constitutional rights" and remarked to a friend about that quote he pointed me to this website;

http://www.injusticeeverywhere.com/

No disrespect AT ALL to the honor and dignity of the many fine officers I have met here on TS and that are in my family. There are good and bad in every profession.

It was noted by my friend that since 911 allegations of misconduct have risen 25 percent nationally, something that I suspected by the interactions I have had with traffic stops since 911.

edit...wrong source and I wanted to add the person who pointed me to the website is involved with Law Enforcement.

What is causing the raise in #'s is cops being pushed to write more tickets which means more money for government. Plus poor training I stated this before when you get out of the academy you go to a PCT. That PCT will train you how to act on the street when I went to a my 1st PCT they taught us how to be safe and treat people. Todays cops are only taught how to generate summons and thats it. They only what #'S AND since the new guys are college educated they no how to speak to people and drug dealers. After 9/11 my #'s were tripled so I took a different gig.

New Orleans PD needs to go out of state to hire seasoned cops. Baltimore PD always comes around to steal are seasoned cops and even Las vegas pops up and they go from PCT to PCT mostly the Busy ones. Baltimore PD tried to recruit me they liked my people skills :hysterical:

But most people think if your college educated that makes you better cop. In a poor area a college degree is not going to work I have seen guys talk the big words and in turn causing more of a problem. Do to the fact that the poor feel your talking down to them and thats where I come in !!! And the educated go running

As long as N.O hires local they will never get it straighted out I remember years ago on TV they did a story on the PD with a New commander and he was cleaning house . But later on he fell into the same trouble.

I know 1 man that can clean house there and stay true That's Ray Kelly my PD commish

To also clean up an area you have to gain the people trust without that alone your in trouble and it seem N.O has no friends due a large bad group.

Also if its like the movie Internal Affairs the good cops are out # by the bad seeds.

But over all would like to see them turn around so many more people travel there with no fears. When I left my PCT my C.O couldn't believe how many people called or stopped by the PCT looking for me and to make sure. I was ok and even called my cell # and offered my wife anything she needed for me to get back on my feet.

I feel even the cop walking a beat can not have enough education it's just how they use it. like you said you need to be able to relate to the people that your trying to protect. and talk to them with out makeing them feel stupid .But hear it.s hard to find people with a high school diploma.

and be able to pass the entrance exam.or the back round check.All i know is things really need to change soon.

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry cardude ran across an article about stupid employee's and have to say nearly half of the stupidness fell upon cops. With that New Oreleans again A female N.O officer chased her 16yr old son on to a school bus. She pulled her weapon and pointed it at her kid and threatened him the bus drivered called the police they are doing an investigation :hysterical:

The other one that is funny is a SGT can't remember where it happened but he was walking around sears dept with his fly opened and wanted to see who would dare to tell to zip up. Well the 3 sears employee's did better showed the video now he's jobless. I can see doing that in the PCT as a joke but what an idiot. I can tell some of the pranks you would laugh your butt off.

Archived