TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Anybody have before and after VMP TVS results?

I am getting my installed and tuned by Justin hopefully within the next couple weeks .. You canbe sure I will be posting my before and afters.. right now with ford racing cold air, justins vmp 2.6 pulley and his tune my 08 is 544rwhp and 546 torque.. with the vmp TVS my goal / hope is to be 650++ rwhp with only other mod I have is high flow cats already installed ( however they were installed after my other stuff and dyno numbers I listed above) can't wait!!!!!!

That's great. You are lucky to be in Florida. I'd be especially interested in what you see for air/fuel, with subsquent stock fuel injector duty cycle percentage with your current mod's and going to that level of rwhp. I have no doubts you can reach your goal with VMP. By the way those are some impressive numbers you have now at the wheels.

Here ya go. Keep in mind my car doesn't dyno worth a crap. Trap speeds and weight says mine was making more like 610-620 instead of the 550 it always dyno'd at with the ported Eaton. But, forget the actual numbers...look at the net difference. And, these numbers were with 4.10s, which will kill 20-30 rwhp compared to stock. My guess is, when you consider my "bad dyno car" and 4.10s, we're well over 700 to the rear.

But based solely upon this graph, I'm making 640 rwtq at about 2300 rpm. The low end is just friggin stupid on this car.

FYI, I have a 10% lower and a small TB (63.5mm Cobra Jet)

bj

post-2868-0-29887600-1304998857_thumb.jpg

post-2868-0-29887600-1304998857_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

My car stock on 91 pump with vmp upper, iw lower, lm 67 an plen, factory CAI an vmp tune made 595whp. After adding vmp tvs and vmp elbow car made 694whp and 695wlbft on 91 pump. Is a very fast set up. Would like to see 700whp and could do that headers but may try the jlt 127 CAI to get the last 6-7whp.

• 2 weeks later...

Just placed my order for the VMP TVS kit online. Wasn't able to get a hold of Justin via phone or email so not sure if he has these in stock ready to ship out or not. I'll be getting before and after dyno numbers to post as soon as I get it on.

Just placed my order for the VMP TVS kit online. Wasn't able to get a hold of Justin via phone or email so not sure if he has these in stock ready to ship out or not. I'll be getting before and after dyno numbers to post as soon as I get it on.

Justin does have these is stock.

You will love your new found power!

Congrats!

Justin does have these is stock.

You will love your new found power!

Congrats!

Nice. I can't wait. Hopefully he gets back to me soon. If you order a tuner on his website it provides a place to fill in current mods so he can set the tune for you. When ordering the TVS kit with tuner theres no place to write a note or anything for the tune.

It's been a busy day, babysitter couldn't make it, wife is at school 8-12hrs a day, so I had the kids most of the day.

The label is on your blower and will be picked up by UPS tomorrow, I'm getting a huge order of elbows later this week (finally) so that will follow shortly.

Thanks for the order.

It's been a busy day, babysitter couldn't make it, wife is at school 8-12hrs a day, so I had the kids most of the day.

The label is on your blower and will be picked up by UPS tomorrow, I'm getting a huge order of elbows later this week (finally) so that will follow shortly.

Thanks for the order.

not a problem Justin. If you could just send me a tracking number when the rest of the stuff goes out so I can make an appointment with my shop to have it all put in that would be great. I can't wait. Getting all giddy like a little kid on Xmas

Just placed my order for the VMP TVS kit online.

Good for you 2nd2none! Are you going to be doing the installation yourself? I can't remember if you have made any other mods? I can't afford to get one of these now..but definitely next summer. I'll be anxious to hear all about it when you're back out on the road with the additional power.

Good for you 2nd2none! Are you going to be doing the installation yourself? I can't remember if you have made any other mods? I can't afford to get one of these now..but definitely next summer. I'll be anxious to hear all about it when you're back out on the road with the additional power.

Thanks Blue! I actually went about 6 months telling myself i needed to sell the car. I actually removed the 2.6 pulley, exhaust, JLT intake, and tune in preparation for selling the car. I could never get myself to do it lol. I had already sold the pulley, tuner, and intake but I went and put the exhaust back on. Gonna sell my Honda Pilot instead and the Shelby is going back to being my daily driver. :happy feet:

Thanks Blue! I actually went about 6 months telling myself i needed to sell the car. I actually removed the 2.6 pulley, exhaust, JLT intake, and tune in preparation for selling the car. I could never get myself to do it lol. I had already sold the pulley, tuner, and intake but I went and put the exhaust back on. Gonna sell my Honda Pilot instead and the Shelby is going back to being my daily driver. :happy feet:

Wow...didn't realize that you were actually contemplating moving your car...and for six months too! Glad you are sticking with it. I would have hated to see you leave.

I use mine as a daily driver too. It's odd, but for the longest time, this car never really felt like "mine" - if you know what I mean. I think it had to do with the obsession of keeping it in "showroom condition" for almost two years. Well, as you probably know..things eventually happen - no matter how careful you are..a nick here, a scratch here...and I think that lifted the burden and disconnect that I had with the car. It definitely feels more like my car now.

So I am going to probably get the FRPP 660HP kit for my car. I just like the fact that it's directly from Ford and such. Wish I could watch you do the install first hand when you get your kit - or you could come over and install mine, when the time comes! I would pay you! I doubt I will tackle the job myself. I'm afraid I might overlook something along the way. I'm fairly mechanically inclined - but working on engines is something that makes me a tad nervous!

I use mine as a daily driver too. It's odd, but for the longest time, this car never really felt like "mine" - if you know what I mean. I think it had to do with the obsession of keeping it in "showroom condition" for almost two years. Well, as you probably know..things eventually happen - no matter how careful you are..a nick here, a scratch here...and I think that lifted the burden and disconnect that I had with the car. It definitely feels more like my car now.

I know exactly how you feel there - but after that first nick like you said, and after following your own plan for the car and doing work on it yourself, it just feels more "your own".

So I am going to probably get the FRPP 660HP kit for my car. I just like the fact that it's directly from Ford and such. Wish I could watch you do the install first hand when you get your kit - or you could come over and install mine, when the time comes! I would pay you! I doubt I will tackle the job myself. I'm afraid I might overlook something along the way. I'm fairly mechanically inclined - but working on engines is something that makes me a tad nervous!

A TVS swap is a very straight-forward job, I'm not mechanically inclined and I did it, so anyone can LOL - took me about 4 hours taking my time. I did a small writeup with pics that you can see at TVS Install

I know exactly how you feel there - but after that first nick like you said, and after following your own plan for the car and doing work on it yourself, it just feels more "your own".

I'm glad that someone else felt that way about the car too. I have always been attached to my cars all through my life - don't get me wrong, when it's time to get a new one - I don't shed a tear or have second thoughts. I'm thinking that it's time to take my car for a long drive - one of those all day road trips. I think that would do wonders as well. If it would only cool down around here, I'd be doing that tomorrow. I don't want to have to keep the windows up and and the air conditioning on the whole time!

A TVS swap is a very straight-forward job, I'm not mechanically inclined and I did it, so anyone can LOL - took me about 4 hours taking my time. I did a small writeup with pics that you can see at TVS Install

Thanks for the link Seahorse. I guess I'm just paranoid that I will overlook something like - a gasket was supposed to be re-used here or silicon sealant was supposed to be applied here, etc. In the meantime, I will check your write up and study all the info for the day that I get mine. Then, I'll try to decide whether or not to try to do the job myself.

Thanks for the link Seahorse. I guess I'm just paranoid that I will overlook something like - a gasket was supposed to be re-used here or silicon sealant was supposed to be applied here, etc. In the meantime, I will check your write up and study all the info for the day that I get mine. Then, I'll try to decide whether or not to try to do the job myself.

That's why it took me 4 hours to complete - I checked, rechecked, and then then checked again every move I made LOL. Seriously though, it really is a straightforward job with no surprises - don't worry about taking it on yourself! :victory:

That's why it took me 4 hours to complete - I checked, rechecked, and then then checked again every move I made LOL. Seriously though, it really is a straightforward job with no surprises - don't worry about taking it on yourself! :victory:

Yeah, that would be me too....checking and re-checking. Thanks again Seahorse. Now I just got to save up some money.

Senkak???

Is that you Bobby!!!

If it is... What's up bud.. Thx again for the great install on my blue gt500 couple weeks back.. If your ever in Tampa.. Dinner is my treat !!!

TJ

Whats up TJ.

This is Rick. One of Justins other wrenchers.

I heard Justin and Bobby did a great job installing and tuning 4 VMP TVS blower in one day.

One of which was yours.

I went with Justin 2 weeks ago down to Sebring for installs, tuning and dyno runs.

What a great time!

Archived