TEAM SHELBY FORUM

I Said Goodbye Today.

Well, it was just a month over four years today...

I sold my 2007 GT500 to a gentleman in Virginia this morning. He has been looking for a muscle car for a couple years now and was unsure of what to buy. A few months back when I advertised the car on E-Bay Motors so I could place my GT350 order, a guy also in Virgina, was a serious contender. He really wanted a white car, but found a heavily modded red one near his home in VA. and decided not to buy mine after all. However....that guy asked me last week if my car was still available. Most of you know how wishy washy I have been about this of late. So, I told him sure, why not? Not expecting much to come of it...

Well, he sent me his friend who lives near him there in VA. and tonight the car will spend the night for the first time in four years, under new ownership in a strangers garage!! :hysterical:

It's gone to a wonderful new home. The guy is not going to drive it in weather like I haven't...but is going to put more miles on it than I ever did. It left my home with a scant 4660 clicks on the speedo! And was raindrop free! It was also the very first time I ever heard the car going down the road without being behind the wheel. That was a bit odd.

I ordered my GT500 with the full intention of keeping it indefinitely. It is the single longest ownership experience of my hundred or so. So from that standpoint, I guess it's a bit of an achievement for me? I have wavered on the GT350 order. Currently, my intention is to not buy a replacement car. The 350 is out due to order times. I would die waiting for 8-12 months for a car that I knew was being built 'someday'. I have viewed the pain of that through postings on our forums here! Not for me.

So for now...I will order a short shifter for the BMW 135i next week sometime, and try to get re-aqquainted with it, as it's a 2008 with 'just turned' 5K miles on it! The weak link in that car is the elongated throw in the 6spd box. I am hoping to lay low for a while. No more roller coaster... should I sell, or shouldn't I!?

Gina keeps asking all afternoon, "So do you miss the car?" "Did you do the right thing?" She's killing me. I don't need to keep hearing that. I will miss it, I'm sure, but life rolls on..."Yesterday is history...Tomorrow's a mystery."

Thanks for all of the friendship here on our forum everyone. I will be lurking still! :happy feet:

Chris (BIKEBOY)

One last parting shot: (literally)

I sold my 2007 GT500 to a gentleman in Virginia this morning. He has been looking for a muscle car for a couple years now and was unsure of what to buy. A few months back when I advertised the car on E-Bay Motors so I could place my GT350 order, a guy also in Virgina, was a serious contender. He really wanted a white car, but found a heavily modded red one near his home in VA. and decided not to buy mine after all. However....that guy asked me last week if my car was still available. Most of you know how wishy washy I have been about this of late. So, I told him sure, why not? Not expecting much to come of it...

Well, he sent me his friend who lives near him there in VA. and tonight the car will spend the night for the first time in four years, under new ownership in a strangers garage!! :hysterical:

It's gone to a wonderful new home. The guy is not going to drive it in weather like I haven't...but is going to put more miles on it than I ever did. It left my home with a scant 4660 clicks on the speedo! And was raindrop free! It was also the very first time I ever heard the car going down the road without being behind the wheel. That was a bit odd.

I ordered my GT500 with the full intention of keeping it indefinitely. It is the single longest ownership experience of my hundred or so. So from that standpoint, I guess it's a bit of an achievement for me? I have wavered on the GT350 order. Currently, my intention is to not buy a replacement car. The 350 is out due to order times. I would die waiting for 8-12 months for a car that I knew was being built 'someday'. I have viewed the pain of that through postings on our forums here! Not for me.So for now...I will order a short shifter for the BMW 135i next week sometime, and try to get re-aqquainted with it, as it's a 2008 with 'just turned' 5K miles on it! The weak link in that car is the elongated throw in the 6spd box. I am hoping to lay low for a while. No more roller coaster... should I sell, or shouldn't I!?

Gina keeps asking all afternoon, "So do you miss the car?" "Did you do the right thing?" She's killing me. I don't need to keep hearing that. I will miss it, I'm sure, but life rolls on..."Yesterday is history...Tomorrow's a mystery."

Thanks for all of the friendship here on our forum everyone. I will be lurking still! :happy feet:

Chris (BIKEBOY)

Absolutely no waiting on this one:

http://www.teamshelby.com/forums/index.php?/topic/67146-fs-csm-42-2011-gt350/page__p__1151582__fromsearch__1#entry1151582

Give Roger a call if you're serious about owning a GT350

Steve

Sorry to hear that you sold your GT500. I have to tell you that you made a mistake. Sure it seems like a good idea now and you can live with it but some time down the road you will be going what did I do that for. I know, I sold my beautiful 2007 Shelby GT for some reasons that seemed good at the time. I wandered for a couple of years then decided that the desire was just too much and wanted back in the Shelby fold. I know your telling me to mind my own business but you'll see what I mean. there are lots of cars out there but only a few that have what the Shelby offers. It's not just the car it's the whole package, name, recognition, people, forums. It's a great place to be.

Of course if you buy the GT350 then ignore my previous statements.

Good luck with your journey.

I ordered my GT500 with the full intention of keeping it indefinitely. It is the single longest ownership experience of my hundred or so. So from that standpoint, I guess it's a bit of an achievement for me? I have wavered on the GT350 order. Currently, my intention is to not buy a replacement car. The 350 is out due to order times. I would die waiting for 8-12 months for a car that I knew was being built 'someday'. I have viewed the pain of that through postings on our forums here! Not for me.

So for now...I will order a short shifter for the BMW 135i next week sometime, and try to get re-aqquainted with it, as it's a 2008 with 'just turned' 5K miles on it! The weak link in that car is the elongated throw in the 6spd box. I am hoping to lay low for a while. No more roller coaster... should I sell, or shouldn't I!?

Chris (BIKEBOY)

it's been a slice catch you on the flip side

Glen

Sorry to hear that you sold your GT500. I have to tell you that you made a mistake. Sure it seems like a good idea now and you can live with it but some time down the road you will be going what did I do that for. I know, I sold my beautiful 2007 Shelby GT for some reasons that seemed good at the time. I wandered for a couple of years then decided that the desire was just too much and wanted back in the Shelby fold. I know your telling me to mind my own business but you'll see what I mean. there are lots of cars out there but only a few that have what the Shelby offers. It's not just the car it's the whole package, name, recognition, people, forums. It's a great place to be.

Mind your own business! LMAO :hysterical2:

I'm friigin' kidding! Dude, I was so wrapped up in the Shelby 'fold' as you refer to it... You have NO clue!!

I ate...slept...daydreamed...and even went out to the garage EVERY night that it was in my garage, to see if it was really mine, and really still out there! You are talking to a true SHELBY fanatic, and true lifelong Mustang enthusiast. I have had probably 10 Mustangs in my lifetime. Now, that said...it was time to let this car go to a more 'usable' owner. I am not cut out for 'garage queendum'. The car was without doubt, my favorite most beloved of all my hundred or so cars. It was too much heartache for me...worrying about upkeep, the stripes fading or peeling, NOT using it enough and causing leaky seals...etc...

Sometimes things just need to change? And for all of you that think that ownership is somehow more fun or easier when the car is paid off......I paid cash for the car back in 2007 when it came in from FlatRock. That was never an issue for me. It was bittersweet last Saturday when it drove away with another person behind the wheel, but he is going to be a great custodian of the car, and for me right now...that's all I had hoped for! :happy feet:

If I ever buy another Mustang, it won't be the '10 or newer bodystyle, as I just can't do the rear end. The GT350 on the other hand, with the Shelby-ized rear treatment...:drool: whole 'nuther story!

I would most likely find me an '08 or '09 Highland Green Bullitt. Then, FRPP the car complete. A couple of guys here on our forums have done that to theirs. The Bullit in my mind is the epitomy of silent screaming. Somewhat like the SGT's.

BB :shift:

BTW- those CS69's in silver are the 'correct' wheel for that white/silver SGT!! Diamonds man!! :superhero:

...All kidding aside, follow your heart and you wont go wrong.

Exactly. That's what the Babe said in Sandlot: "Folllow your heart kid and you can never go wrong." BTW, I don't consider any of the newer Shelbys garage queens. If I had a GT500, I would be driving it everywhere I go.

Edited by socalwrench

All the best (KR) on your choices (KR) Chris.............................some great (KR) cars to choose (KR) from bud.

All kidding aside, follow your heart and you wont go wrong.

Dan- you're too funny!

Reminds me of Kevin Nealon on SNL!! :hysterical:

Gina is trying (Corvette) to get me to (Corvette) look at a GM (Corvette) car...again! Yellow (Corvette) Z06.

:hide:

Edited by BIKEBOY

Good Luck Bike Boy don`t be a stranger around here.

Thanks...NOPE, I'll be around. Just not up in Oakville again! :hysterical:

:headscratch: Not so fast.....I did make some friends up there. I will probably go back and visit. Beautiful city, the GTA!

Chris...

Been waiting for this post and can't believe it took me 2 days to see it.

I feel your pain. I know how difficult it must have been for you to let your car go. :cry:

And I don't care if you drive a corvette or a volkswagon. Please just don't be a stranger...

Whether here on the forum or at Hooters. :beerchug:

Your friend,

Peter

:salute:

I highly recommend a Shelby GT replacement! They can be had for a great price and are great fun! :happy feet:

Having said that, sorry to see you go, I've enjoyed your posts!

Ilmor

Mind your own business! LMAO :hysterical2:

I'm friigin' kidding! Dude, I was so wrapped up in the Shelby 'fold' as you refer to it... You have NO clue!!

I ate...slept...daydreamed...and even went out to the garage EVERY night that it was in my garage, to see if it was really mine, and really still out there! You are talking to a true SHELBY fanatic, and true lifelong Mustang enthusiast. I have had probably 10 Mustangs in my lifetime. Now, that said...it was time to let this car go to a more 'usable' owner. I am not cut out for 'garage queendum'. The car was without doubt, my favorite most beloved of all my hundred or so cars. It was too much heartache for me...worrying about upkeep, the stripes fading or peeling, NOT using it enough and causing leaky seals...etc...

Sometimes things just need to change? And for all of you that think that ownership is somehow more fun or easier when the car is paid off......I paid cash for the car back in 2007 when it came in from FlatRock. That was never an issue for me. It was bittersweet last Saturday when it drove away with another person behind the wheel, but he is going to be a great custodian of the car, and for me right now...that's all I had hoped for! :happy feet:

If I ever buy another Mustang, it won't be the '10 or newer bodystyle, as I just can't do the rear end. The GT350 on the other hand, with the Shelby-ized rear treatment...:drool: whole 'nuther story!

I would most likely find me an '08 or '09 Highland Green Bullitt. Then, FRPP the car complete. A couple of guys here on our forums have done that to theirs. The Bullit in my mind is the epitomy of silent screaming. Somewhat like the SGT's.

BB :shift:

Funny you mention that, I was just at my local Metro store yesterday and the manager has his Bullitt up for sale..didn't really catch the particulars 08 or 09 but I did see the asking price of $30,000.00

Chris...

Been waiting for this post and can't believe it took me 2 days to see it.

I feel your pain. I know how difficult it must have been for you to let your car go. :cry:

And I don't care if you drive a corvette or a volkswagon. Please just don't be a stranger...

Whether here on the forum or at Hooters. :beerchug:

Your friend,

Peter

:salute:

Peter......aawww, thank you bud!

Me and you, we 'tight'! Ain't no car gonna change that! :happy feet: Yes...Hooters...soon again.

How was Vegas? Did you make it to SA?

Your buddy, Chris

I highly recommend a Shelby GT replacement! They can be had for a great price and are great fun! :happy feet:

Having said that, sorry to see you go, I've enjoyed your posts!

Ilmor

Ilmor-

I'm really not going to go away completely. I just will be lurking more on the BMW forums for a bit, till I get that badboy modded the way I want it!! An SGT wouldn't be a bad idea though.

Turns out, as most people that find us here all say...this IS the friendliest forum out there! The guys on the two BMW forums I've been on here of late, are %$#@+%'s!! :banghead:

Then there's the Tundra forum... Sheeesshh! Forget that! They are downright rude on there.

Thank you for the kind words. I've enjoyed your's as well! :happy feet:

Dan- you're too funny!

Reminds me of Kevin Nealon on SNL!! :hysterical:

Gina is trying (Corvette) to get me to (Corvette) look at a GM (Corvette) car...again! Yellow (Corvette) Z06.

:hide:

The Z06 is a fantastic car PLUS Gina likes it....................that's a win win brother.

Peter......aawww, thank you bud!

Me and you, we 'tight'! Ain't no car gonna change that! :happy feet: Yes...Hooters...soon again.

How was Vegas? Did you make it to SA?

Your buddy, Chris

Vegas has been a blast... I got a Camaro for a rental car and the first thing I did was drive to SA! I pulled in and the first people I saw was John Luft, Gary Patterson and Sam Trout standing in the parking lot. I went back again today, just because it is the best place in Vegas. I had to head to LosAngeles for another meeting tomorrow. So I drove the Camaro across the Mojave Desert and couldn't resist the urge to take it 4-wheeling. And then to Barstow, CA up historic route 66. Check out the pics...

IMG_2768.jpg

IMG_2770.jpg

IMG_2771.jpg

IMG_2772.jpg

While I do not own a GT350 so did not have to wait for one I can say this, get one.

I have seen a couple in person now and I have had the great pleasure of being driven in one for a few laps at Pocono Raceway (thank you Tony) and the car is amazing. While you said you would never sell your Shelby and you did, I own a 2011 GT500 and the GT350 is leaps and bounds a better car. So if you had that “I’m keeping this car forever” feeling with the old Shelby, you have no idea what you’re in for with the GT350. The look, the finish, how it handles are all top shelf and having met and talked with John, Gary and Sam I can tell you it will be worth the wait.

I suppose the only reason not to get one is if you do not like meeting and talking to new people, the attention it draws when out and about can be a bit much. I think Andy (eagledriver) said it best “My car may be the King of the Road, but the GT350 is King of the Show”.

Sorry to see that you let your car go. But I can certainly understand the circumstances that brought you to the decision. It would be strange not seeing you around the forums...glad to hear that you are still going to stick around here.

BTW : you've owned 100's of cars? Wow. I can't fathom that at all.

Whenever a new hot car comes out you have people on the forums declaring their everlasting love for it. They boldly claim"I will never sell it" ...until their mistreatment makes the car look like garbage or the next hot car shows up. When the next generation's top mustang comes out with a lighter body and more power just watch how many of the current members will sell their shelbys and move on.

Whenever a new hot car comes out you have people on the forums declaring their everlasting love for it. They boldly claim"I will never sell it" ...until their mistreatment makes the car look like garbage or the next hot car shows up. When the next generation's top mustang comes out with a lighter body and more power just watch how many of the current members will sell their shelbys and move on.

There will be some sweet deals on some low mile GT500's when that happens. happy%20feet.gif

Sorry to see that you let your car go. But I can certainly understand the circumstances that brought you to the decision. It would be strange not seeing you around the forums...glad to hear that you are still going to stick around here.

BTW : you've owned 100's of cars? Wow. I can't fathom that at all.

Hey BBS4-

How ya been? I haven't seen nor heard from you in quite a while...The neighbors jack'n with ya anymore?

I hope all is well my friend!

BB