TEAM SHELBY FORUM

What size tire are you running?

I am looking at finally getting new wheels for my 66 GT350, what size tire are you running? I would like to get the original Cragars since they were on my car new, then lower it a bit. I have seen 225/50/15 and it looks good, just thought I would see what you have had luck with. Thanks.

I am looking at finally getting new wheels for my 66 GT350, what size tire are you running? I would like to get the original Cragars since they were on my car new, then lower it a bit. I have seen 225/50/15 and it looks good, just thought I would see what you have had luck with. Thanks.

I am running 215 60 R15 using the stock suspension / height on my tribute driver. I am using BF Goodwrinch T/A's wrapped around American Racing Torque Thrust D's . I have a little rubbing in the rear going over train tracks / dips when I go over them fast. Also,front tires rub a little going down at the bottom of my drive way with the tires turned all the way. Are you going with 225/50/15 all the way around. If so, let me know how it works. I might have to increase the size.

I was looking at 15x7 with 225/50 all the way around--I have seen it and it looks good. My second choice is a Vintage Wheel Works 5 spoke, 16x7 and 16x8 with 225/50 tires. Thanks for your info. BTW, I saw your car at Bob's the night before Knott's--I had my 2000 Cobra R there.

Edited by cobrakidz

I was looking at 15x7 with 225/50 all the way around--I have seen it and it looks good. My second choice is a Vintage Wheel Works 5 spoke, 16x7 and 16x8 with 225/50 tires. Thanks for your info. BTW, I saw your car at Bob's the night before Knott's--I had my 2000 Cobra R there.

I remember, your Cobra R looked awsome. She should be a keeper. Did it have the IRS in it. My brother owns a 2003 Term. Cobra, bought it new. I have driven it a few times before he moved to Oregon, and I thought that car was powerful with sweet handling. I sure miss driving it..

• 2 weeks later...

I ended up buying the Vintage 40 wheels, 16x7. I'll post pics as soon as I get them on the car and get it lowered. I am trying to get it all together for the Sonoma Historics June 4/5 at Sears Point--I would like to drive it there and park in the Shelby parking corral.

I ended up buying the Vintage 40 wheels, 16x7. I'll post pics as soon as I get them on the car and get it lowered. I am trying to get it all together for the Sonoma Historics June 4/5 at Sears Point--I would like to drive it there and park in the Shelby parking corral.

Cool,good luck!

Put the new whs/tires on and got the front end lowered--finally.

rlevjq.jpg

I like. Thank you for the photo. I might do the same when I need a new set of tires. That will be about a year and a half from now. By the way, your 66 looks sweet!

Thank you. I have been taking pics of lowered cars for years now and my wife finally said" either lower it or get rid of it"---so I lowered it. haha. After lowereing it 2" I am much happier with it.

I bet your 66 is a lot happier in the corners,too!

Edited by Denstang65