TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Getting a 2012 Shelby

When they said shipped mine it took almost 3wks to get it. First went on rail then had to sit for the semi to get full then delivered. Your best bet is wait for the ship date then add 3wks.

Like your attitude.....logistics can screw up some of our hopes and wishes. Have had an orderes truck that got holds from Ford for simple parts that held up delivery for several weeks, but when it was said and done and delivered I was glad to have it right not quick!

Like your attitude.....logistics can screw up some of our hopes and wishes. Have had an orderes truck that got holds from Ford for simple parts that held up delivery for several weeks, but when it was said and done and delivered I was glad to have it right not quick!

It really depends on geography, and whether the car is shipped to the terminus by rail or carrier. Even so, it will wait there until enough cars accumulate to fill a carrier. Every car in about 10 states goes through the Twin Oaks rail yard in Exton, PA. From there, it can be out the next day, or a week or more.

You too? I've been waiting for mine for over a month now. I've called the dealer, the sales manager, my little birdie at the factory, and Customer Service and no one can tell my what the hold up it. Here it is spring and I don't have my car to drive. Paid for it and here I sit broken hearted. Everyone says it will be worth the wait. Not sure. Gave up my 2010 in trade and now I'm on my two black pick-up trucks.

It really depends on geography, and whether the car is shipped to the terminus by rail or carrier. Even so, it will wait there until enough cars accumulate to fill a carrier. Every car in about 10 states goes through the Twin Oaks rail yard in Exton, PA. From there, it can be out the next day, or a week or more.

When mine came in by rail, etc. I worked it out that I picked it up at the rail yard. I then drove it to the dealer to let them do their dealer prep (under my watchful eye) and then home. My odometer had under two miles on it the first time I climbed behind the wheel! As late as some of your cars are, I would try to finagle something similar. Who knows, could cut a week off of your wait! I can tell you that the transport guys won't like it because it takes revenue out of their pockets, however, the dealer can do this a limited number of times. Just my $0.02. :happy feet:

I heard it's SYNC modules, which come from Japan - which are not being produced since the tsunami.

Sounds reasonable....... know where there is a 2011 New White with red stripe SUVPP dealer offered me a great deal, thinking about cancelling my order and picking this one up. Bird in the hand.

I bought a used 2011 Shelby GT500 and after reading about the 5.0 GT and Boss decided to go drive one. Well I ended up trading my 11 for a GT with brake package and 373 gears and a whole bunch of money back. Added the GT500 2011 mufflers and I will tell you It's a blast to drive . It hooks up better in first gear and feels and sounds better than the GT500. The 5.0 is one hell of a motor and around town it just sounds like a old trans- am mustang. Don't get me wrong I love Shelby's and allways will. You guys need to drive the 5.0 or Boss .I will add a CAI with tune in the future. I would have bought a Boss except for the ADM's and stripes. Go drive one and let us know what you think.

post-9597-0-95111000-1305920877_thumb.jpg

post-9597-0-95111000-1305920877_thumb.jpg

Sounds reasonable....... know where there is a 2011 New White with red stripe SUVPP dealer offered me a great deal, thinking about cancelling my order and picking this one up. Bird in the hand.

In fact, I believe I do - both in coupe and convertible. The coupe has no nav or glass roof, but it's one of two '11's they have in-stock - and it's just passed its birthday. But they're BOTH in NJ.

The problem is, few dealers have BOTH '11's and '12's in-stock - and they tend to treat them equally pricewise, either trying to stick to crazy ADMs OR willing to sell it like any other car. In fact, X-Plan is available for 2012, but NOT 2011.

As far as 2012's go, 65 coupes have been sent down the line so far as you've described - but none in OR or WA, though there have been 6 for CA.

For 2011, I see 13 were made for CA, and just one lone example for both WA and ID. You NEVER know!!!! :)

I bought a used 2011 Shelby GT500 and after reading about the 5.0 GT and Boss decided to go drive one. Well I ended up trading my 11 for a GT with brake package and 373 gears and a whole bunch of money back. Added the GT500 2011 mufflers and I will tell you It's a blast to drive . It hooks up better in first gear and feels and sounds better than the GT500. The 5.0 is one hell of a motor and around town it just sounds like a old trans- am mustang. Don't get me wrong I love Shelby's and allways will. You guys need to drive the 5.0 or Boss .I will add a CAI with tune in the future. I would have bought a Boss except for the ADM's and stripes. Go drive one and let us know what you think.

Damn - I've been torn between the same damn dilemma. As much as I like GT500's over the topness, the biggest problem is that GT is just SO damn good - in a MUCH more genteel package, and I just love the Brick Red interior with a white body - particularly in a 'vert.

I love the rip/snort of the GT500, but I like how the 5.0L puts out power much better - and with a 624hp Supercharger, it puts it MORE and BETTER power as well - all with heated seats and a backup camera. In a perfect world, I'd have both. Otherwise, anybody who has an inkling to head to the aftermarket can wind-up with very nearly the same car for SO much less.

But I've already ordered an identical 2012 GT500. I work with a dealer whose pricing is basically allowing me to trade-in after putting about $7K on the clock and going through a set of tires for just a few thousand. It's also given me first crack at their 2013 allocation - in case Ford does something crazy in response to ZL1.

And if not, I can always choose to order a GT during the last year of S197. DAMN I love this platform.

Still no news. I'm almost to the point to cancel my order and find a used one. My biggest problem is: I've turned in my 2010 Camaro and they paid it off. How do I get my deposit back??

Well, if you want a terrific 2011, lemme know.

Otherwise, you've actually dealt with the most important part of the proposition - ridding yourself of that Camaro. That's an odd way to structure a deal for a car that's not "bird in hand", but the improvement to self-esteem during the meantime alone should hopefully be worth the wait. :)

By the way, car's ARE continuing to be built.

From what' seems to be being sent-through, GT500's are being made at rates absolutely no differently than they've tended to be made during prior years. Whether Ford is throttling production a bit to even-out demand upon available parts is one thing, but it doesn't seem to be having an effect on what's coming off the line, unless they're being parked until SYNC units are installed.

• 2 weeks later...

Update: The car is still sitting at the factory. Last story is: someone put a Do-Not-Ship order on it. They don't know why or who ordered it. How can a person find out what the real story is? It's been sitting there since April 19th. Five weeks just sitting there getting dirty and wet. I know there are other horror stories out there, but I'm really not happy with the Salesman, Dealer, or Customer Assistance. You can not get the same answer from two people in a row. The owner of the dealership says that I'm just to damn impatient. I'd love to bitch slap him when I see him the first time. Since I asked my attorney to call and just ask why it's taking so long. Now the dealers staff will not talk to me at all. Just being AHoles. I think someone owes me something for the wait. First it was because of parts from Japan, then it was a tire problem, then it was UAW strike, now it's "these are special cars and it takes time to build them" I've never has such a problem on any new car that I've ever ordered. My 2010 Camaro came in 20 days after it was built. I got a call from the dealer every thursday on the cars status. Makes me wonder why I chose to change brands. Thanks for letting me vent!!!! :angry22:

Hang in there and it will come. Your situation reminds me of when I made an offer on a home that was a short sale and I had to wait months before finding out the answer was no.

Just made the deal for my 2010 Shelby today and ordered a new 2012 Shelby. Its also going to be a vert with the electronic pkg and the svtpp pkg. The only colors that will work ok in the summer heat here is a metallic color so I m getting the Ingot Silver with the red stripping. Sat in a Shelby today that had the Recaro Seats in it and they sure are not too comfortable. Glad I went with the standard seats. Was told it would be 8-10 weeks to get it in. My job for the first year that I had my 2010 was putting on average of 100 miles a day and the miliage was adding up the I have now 32000 on it. I work now only 10 miles away so I won't be putting alot of miles on the new one. Did get $41,000 for trade-in on it so only out for now about 21k. I'll post the pic's when I receive the new one. I still get to drive my old one. Just going to have to unmod all the mods that I put on it and start all over again.

Just received a call from Ford Customer Care and was told that my new 2012 was on material hold. She couldn't tell me what part it was and how long it was suppose to last.

I got the call this morning and my 2012 is in! I'm heading to pick it up now. It was built in early May and has been sitting in Detroit waiting on transport. White with silver stripes....

Congratulations!

Performance White with Shelby Silver - and that's ALL! :)

221236, right?

Archived