TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Track Competition

McMullen20

I'm sure most will agree that it's hard to refrain from letting a supercharge 5.4 "breathe" a little now and again. However, I think everyone will agree the safest place to do this is on a closed course. Track season is upon us and I was wondering if others would be interested in competing within the GT500 forum to see who can put in the most track time expressed in miles. Anything from high speed touring to a 1/4 mile run would count. A good start may be a drivers school (Skip Barber) designed to test limits of both car and driver. This would be completely on the honor system and hopefully foster some terrific stories as people report back on their progress.

Cheers

I'm sure most will agree that it's hard to refrain from letting a supercharge 5.4 "breathe" a little now and again. However, I think everyone will agree the safest place to do this is on a closed course. Track season is upon us and I was wondering if others would be interested in competing within the GT500 forum to see who can put in the most track time expressed in miles. Anything from high speed touring to a 1/4 mile run would count. A good start may be a drivers school (Skip Barber) designed to test limits of both car and driver. This would be completely on the honor system and hopefully foster some terrific stories as people report back on their progress.

Cheers

I'm interested. I will only be using the drag strip, so how about splitting the class. One for road courses and one for drag strips?

Thanks,

Blayne

Cheers

Ya hey der. There are enough of us around WI and IL to perhaps do a group deal up at Elkhart.

bj

Cheers

Does Xbox 360 count...I swear the physics are almost bang on !! yah okay the Shelby lettering is centered like the prototype...but Its track tima isn't it!

maybe a 1-5 ratio...

Cheers Requis ;)

Why don't we explore Elkhart some more. Who would be interested in this?

I can make that with some advanced notice. I'm a few hours away in Indy but have family in SW MI that's only 30 minutes away. You can count me in as 1 that is interested in this.

Are we talking ellkhart, IN? or is there another one?

Why don't we explore Elkhart some more. Who would be interested in this?

I plan on joining the Northwoods Shelby Club NWShelby. This group hosts a 3 day weekend event at Road America (Elkart Lake, Wisconsin) every year, and gets out to the Milwaukee Mile as well. Road America is very open to getting groups in, however the cost is $11,300/day for car clubs. This cost includes wreckers and various EMS personnel. Normally I'd be all over it...but I did pay an ADM. :hysterical2: The Northwoods Shelby group will be there August 17th-19th this year. I'll check on club member costs to get on the track.

...Ya hey der? We're not that far up nort.

Archived