TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Hood latch??

Whoa. That's not normal on any modern car, let along a GT-H. When you pull the release level inside the car you should feel a little pop as the cable moves and the hood unlatches. Then you should have to push the safety catch over to pull the hood up. This entire procedure is done AFTER the pins are removed.

I would agree. If I pull the latch from the inside the hood pops up to the hood latches if they are not undone first. Then I have to push the hood back down, disengage teh hood latches, then disengage the latch at th front of the hood above the grill to open the hood. I would get yours looked at.

Agreed, that is not a good thing! You do have a problem with your mechanism. While the hood pins will probably hold your hood temporarily, I don't think that they are built to take that level of stress. I would get that fixed ASAP! If those metal plates that the pins are attached to stresses enough and breaks with you doing any speed at all, you will have a very big problem. I would very much advise not to drive the car much until that is resolved.

Does anyone have their hood latch (inside car) disengaged. Mine does nothing. Only have to remove hood pins to access engine. Is this normal on GT-H?

Also, it could cause damage to the hood from stress.

does your hood have a striker bar?? It has to have a striker bar to engage the latch when the hood is closed.

if so then the latch is not adjusted correctly. this needs to be fixed soon !!!!!!

OK got it! I just wasn't pushing hard enough and it needed a little lube. It works fine now. Thanks for your input everyone.

Archived