TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Sway bar vs Wattts link

NMAv

I'm completely unfamiliar with car suspensions. Something I never dabbled in. I've replaced the UCA & LCA and added a FAZ2 watts link to my 2011 GT500. In talking with several people they have indicated that I should really consider replacing the front and rear sway bars. My thought/understanding was that the watts link was instrumental in preventing the roll affect when cornering. How is that different from sway bar and would adding a sway bar at this point in time affect corning/body roll much?

The Watts is to positively place the rear axle under the car as the suspension moves thru it's entire range of motion. It primarily limits the axles motion from side to side.

The anti-sway bars limit the amount of lean or body roll thru the turns as the weight shifts from neutral to either side of the car.

So yes, the watts and anti-sway bars effect the cars handling but in to different aspects that depend on each other to work as a complete system.

Check out this thread and it's link.

http://www.teamshelby.com/forums/index.php?/topic/12289-animation-showing-the-difference-btw-a-watts-link-panhard-bar/

You will feel a far greater difference in how the car handles with stiffer/thicker anti-sway bars then you would with the watts.

I'm completely unfamiliar with car suspensions. Something I never dabbled in. I've replaced the UCA & LCA and added a FAZ2 watts link to my 2011 GT500. In talking with several people they have indicated that I should really consider replacing the front and rear sway bars. My thought/understanding was that the watts link was instrumental in preventing the roll affect when cornering. How is that different from sway bar and would adding a sway bar at this point in time affect corning/body roll much?

RCH

Reason for Parallel Arms

Archived