TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Sync outdated already?

Has anyone heard of any Sync apps and/or the API being released? The last update for me (2010 MY) was Gen1-3.1 back in December of 2009 and there are no updates or apps available on the Sync site. I did recently read (Ford mag) about Sync App Link but I'm not sure if that applies to my version of Sync. I have dreams of using the Sirus satellite radio app on my iphone through Sync. Anyone know or heard anything about this?

I know they have been showing off better sync features since 2009. Here is one from CES 2010. I wish mine was a mobile hot spot with for long trips but there will probably be something better that I can wear or implant in my head coming out in a few years.

I spoke to a Ford rep @ the CES 2011 booth specifically about this particular issue. While he wouldn't confirm it "on the record" he did say he didn't see a reason why you couldn't retro the sync system from 2012 GT500 into a 2011. It's in the Focus first and was to expand into other vehicles like the GT500. Obviously their angle is to sell 2012's and if that was what it took you to upgrade your car to a '12 that's spiffy for them. He wasn't clear if it was completely new hardware so worse case you're looking at having to replace the head unit- (get that extended warranty now kids).

In this case it was more a vibe of "let us sell it this way for awhile and later on maybe we'll make it available" sorta thing.

Thank you please drive forward.

I spoke to a Ford rep @ the CES 2011 booth specifically about this particular issue. While he wouldn't confirm it "on the record" he did say he didn't see a reason why you couldn't retro the sync system from 2012 GT500 into a 2011. It's in the Focus first and was to expand into other vehicles like the GT500. Obviously their angle is to sell 2012's and if that was what it took you to upgrade your car to a '12 that's spiffy for them. He wasn't clear if it was completely new hardware so worse case you're looking at having to replace the head unit- (get that extended warranty now kids).

In this case it was more a vibe of "let us sell it this way for awhile and later on maybe we'll make it available" sorta thing.

Thank you please drive forward.

So the 2012 500's have a new Sync version/system?

Archived