TEAM SHELBY FORUM

07' GT Rearend noise over bumps

I have Shelby GT #1385. I have had a noise when going over bumps since I bought the car last June. I have had it to two Ford dealerships. The first could find nothing wrong. The second had the car for three days and the only thing they did was lube all the parts in the rear supension. It was better for just a couple of weeks but has come back. The noise is less noticeable if it is raining or wet out. Has anyone else had this problem with there car and what was the fix that finally got rid of it. Thanks for any insight.

I have Shelby GT #1385. I have had a noise when going over bumps since I bought the car last June. I have had it to two Ford dealerships. The first could find nothing wrong. The second had the car for three days and the only thing they did was lube all the parts in the rear supension. It was better for just a couple of weeks but has come back. The noise is less noticeable if it is raining or wet out. Has anyone else had this problem with there car and what was the fix that finally got rid of it. Thanks for any insight.

I had the same problem. Basically Ford says the suspension pack is prone to this and is expected. There are several topics on this subject. Basically it helps to lube some of the dry bushings. I don't have time to find the topic right now but it is in the SGT tech area.

I had the same problem. Basically Ford says the suspension pack is prone to this and is expected. There are several topics on this subject. Basically it helps to lube some of the dry bushings. I don't have time to find the topic right now but it is in the SGT tech area.

Mine was at the swaybar link bushings (where the red bushings hold the blue swaybar). WD40 every once in a while, noise is gone.

Jer

Mine was at the swaybar link bushings (where the red bushings hold the blue swaybar). WD40 every once in a while, noise is gone.

Jer

Yep, that's it - they bind up and "snap" when they release. Someone suggested using anti-seize as a lubricant.

Mine is starting to have an erratic "chirp" once in a while when hitting a bump in the road. It started after my trip to Bakersfield the week before the Fabulous Fords Show.

Guess it's time to put it on the lift and lube it up...

Dan

thats normal for polyurethane bushings. just lube them once in a while.

not sure but i thought i read somewhere on this forum that someone made it easier by putting in zerks so they can hit them with a grease gun.

can anyone chime in on that?

Yep, that's it - they bind up and "snap" when they release. Someone suggested using anti-seize as a lubricant.

Seems like I remember Springer taking his apart and using motorcycle anit-seizing stuff of some sort, don't have time to search it. I lube mine with WD40 from time to time. Considered normal in the SGT Owners Manual.

GG

Archived