TEAM SHELBY FORUM

MGP Cobra Caliper Covers Installed... Pics

I recently installed the MGP Cobra Engraved Rear Caliper Covers. I had already painted the calipers last year with the G2 Caliper PaintSystem and they still looked dull. While I wanted to spice them up some, I still wanted a subdued appearance without adding new calipers.

Some don’t like the faux look, but I didn’t like the OEM look... Ultimately the MGP covers fit the bill. They definitely add a more finished look and match the front Brembos in size and appearance. A simple 20 minute mod.

post-25950-0-67296900-1304463291_thumb.jpg

post-25950-0-81645000-1304463295_thumb.jpg

post-25950-0-73271400-1304463302_thumb.jpg

post-25950-0-67296900-1304463291_thumb.jpg

post-25950-0-81645000-1304463295_thumb.jpg

post-25950-0-73271400-1304463302_thumb.jpg

Looks good, I went with the red ones...

DSC02486.JPG

DSC02489.JPG

Shelby Brakes 3-26-11 009.JPG

DSC02486.JPG

DSC02489.JPG

Shelby Brakes 3-26-11 009.JPG

Those are the Shelby/Baer Extreme brake package up front and Shelby/Baer Eradispeed+2 brake mod in rear. I'm amazed that I don't seem to have as much brake dust issues on the wheels.

I special ordered mine from MGP without snakes on them...black...then had them shipped through BangaStang. They were very cooperative with me at MGP, as they admitted that not everyone wants the snake.

:salute:

BTW- Very EZ install! High quality mounting hardware with lot's of thought going into the hardware.

....and Pat, your car looks very, very nice man! You do have very good taste in your modding. You have to be at or around 50? :hysterical:

Chris

I special ordered mine from MGP without snakes on them...black...then had them shipped through BangaStang. They were very cooperative with me at MGP, as they admitted that not everyone wants the snake.

:salute:

BTW- Very EZ install! High quality mounting hardware with lot's of thought going into the hardware.

....and Pat, your car looks very, very nice man! You do have very good taste in your modding. You have to be at or around 50? :hysterical:

Chris

Thanks Brotha... I was on the fence with these... You help in making the decision. You all settled into your new pad?

Thanks Brotha... I was on the fence with these... You help in making the decision. You all settled into your new pad?

Hahahahahaha...I am actually...and now I get settled, and the 500 goes away! I sold it this morning!

It's a bittersweet day today.

Yup, I liked the look of them too, and saved some coin over upgrading the breaks and going to 20's (though I would have like Red Calipers).

I was posting about a jack when putting them on, and caught a pretty good pic of the caliper cover

Linky

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I was looking to get a red set of the shelby caliper covers but I read they dont fit the GT500?? Obviously some of you purchased and installed. I havent changed brakes or anything on a 2008 Gt500 but would love a set to add some flair.

from shelby parts website

"Applicatons:

2005-2011 Shelby and Ford Mustang. Except GT500s, Brembo or any Shelby big brakes."

I was looking to get a red set of the shelby caliper covers but I read they dont fit the GT500?? Obviously some of you purchased and installed. I havent changed brakes or anything on a 2008 Gt500 but would love a set to add some flair.

from shelby parts website

"Applicatons:

2005-2011 Shelby and Ford Mustang. Except GT500s, Brembo or any Shelby big brakes."

They are refering to the front brakes on the GT500. The covers will not fit them, but will fit the stock rear calipers on the GT500

Archived