TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Strange How Carroll's Autograph Doesn't Match The Ebay Pics

:koolaid: :koolaid: :koolaid: :koolaid:

Yep. You called it! Thanks for your reference to the earlier thread, Stngfever! :happy feet:

Ok, to be fair to the seller it looks to me, and this is just another way to interpret the photo, that there were people in line to get the SAME brochure signed and as the seller waited snapped a pic of someone else's brochure getting signed.

I say this because I did the same thing when at Tasca where I got my poster signed. I obviously couldn't back up and take a picture so I took one of him signing someone else's. As for the ghosting it looks to me as if the marker gave out and Carroll just wrote over it. Honestly it looks real to me. His "C" is REALLY hard to do as a single quick stroke which this looks like.

My only point is there are two ways to look at this but any sig, without a cert, should be priced accordingly. This is priced WAY WAY out of line considering you can get this same brochure signed with cert for a lot less. That is the real issue. TO ME!

You can't go by that.......I have many items Autographed by CS and none of them have a Certificate. I do have Photos of Him Signing many of the Items. Usually you get the Certificate when you send an item to the Foundation (you may have to pay extra for it as well) but that to is not always the case as I have sent Items to the Foundation for Signature and did not get the Certificate. I have also sent many items to his Home in CA and also stood in front of him as he Signed items for me at car Shows. Usually, if I send items to Him, I include a Disposable camera for the Photos. Withh all the Signatures I have, you can see a change over the Years.

Right on 350 I have several items signed by Carroll dating back to the 80`s when he just walked around at the SAAC convention & would sign your car your arm whatever. He never charged back then as it was way before the Shelby Foundation . What he always did was that line underneath his signature so that does say something about his signature especially if it is missing.

Ok, to be fair to the seller it looks to me, and this is just another way to interpret the photo, that there were people in line to get the SAME brochure signed and as the seller waited snapped a pic of someone else's brochure getting signed.

I say this because I did the same thing when at Tasca where I got my poster signed. I obviously couldn't back up and take a picture so I took one of him signing someone else's. As for the ghosting it looks to me as if the marker gave out and Carroll just wrote over it. Honestly it looks real to me. His "C" is REALLY hard to do as a single quick stroke which this looks like.

My only point is there are two ways to look at this but any sig, without a cert, should be priced accordingly. This is priced WAY WAY out of line considering you can get this same brochure signed with cert for a lot less. That is the real issue. TO ME!

agreed

What he always did was that line underneath his signature so that does say something about his signature especially if it is missing.

Bingo!

I don't believe I've ever seen one of Mr. Shelby's autographs without the underline and two hash marks, that's the first thing I notice and which made it appear (to me) to be a fake.

Archived