TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2012 BOSS #0001 for sale on eBay.

EL SHELBY

If you followed the original story you know how much he paid for it new, now he's up to over 72k, and still reserve is not met!?! How much is this thing gonna bring?

You have to chuckle that this is the same guy complaining non-stop that he had to pay a ADM of $1,500 for the car. He griped how wrong it was for the dealer to charge more than MSRP for the car.

Funny how he doesn't apply these same guidelines to himself.

Steve

I don't blame the guy at all for selling the car. The only fault I see is how he's waffling on his original statements once he realized what people would pay for the car. It also seems he's starting to become addicted to the limelight and I have a feeling even after the car is sold he will continue to make sure everyone knows who he was.

I also have a feeling that he will back track on his previous statement that all he needs is car #001 to be paid off along with enough money to purchase another Boss. I may be wrong but I'm getting the feeling he's set his sight higher than that. I will say he may want to find another dealership to purchase his replacement Boss as the selling dealer of #001 most likely is well aware of everything.

Steve

Actually, the first 50 bosses and on the 2012 production line were laguna secas. Their VIN ends in 0001, 0002, etc. and matches the number on the strut tower brace.

Actually, the first 50 bosses and on the 2012 production line were laguna secas. Their VIN ends in 0001, 0002, etc. and matches the number on the strut tower brace.

:ohsnap:

????

I'm not sure how that is considering that neither #0001 or #0002 being discussed here are Lagunas.

What I'm wondering is whether or not Ford actually produces any car or truck in the order of it's VIN. I would be surprised if they did. It would be interesting to know if #0001 was in fact the 1st production Boss off the line and does it matter to collectors as long as it's tagged #0001.

Assembly line condition says the seller but wait isn't that over 800 miles showing on the odometer? After reading his auction description all I can say is someone is coming on a little strong with their fluffery.

My guess is we will see #0003 appear on ebay shortly. Can you imagine the amount of phone calls dealers must be getting about now asking what number car they have on their lot?

Steve

The auction was ended earlier this morning due to a local sale. According to some posts on TMS from the original owner, he got what he wanted... an identical Boss, with his 0001 being paid off. The deal was done with a local Mustang collector.

????

I'm not sure how that is considering that neither #0001 or #0002 being discussed here are Lagunas.

What I'm wondering is whether or not Ford actually produces any car or truck in the order of it's VIN. I would be surprised if they did. It would be interesting to know if #0001 was in fact the 1st production Boss off the line and does it matter to collectors as long as it's tagged #0001.

The first 50 2012 mustangs were Boss LS. Their VIN matches the car production numbers. The Boss # 1 was the 884th 2012 mustang built, but still the 1st boss. My point is I think the low number Laguna's would be the more desirable cars to have (for you collectors out there).

• 4 weeks later...

My vin ends in 1969 and I have properly broken it in for you. I also require a white Boss and an extra 10k. Thank you : )

No takers ????? Ok I will keep it warm for you.

delivered 13.jpg

Mike

delivered 13.jpg

Archived