TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Osama Bin Laden is dead!

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

From USA Today...

"Former president George W. Bush, who was in office on the day of the attacks, hailed the news. "The fight against terror goes on, but tonight America has sent an unmistakable message: No matter how long it takes, justice will be done.""

Thank you Mr. President!! :salute:

Should have buried him in the USA somewhere.....................then every American that wanted to could piss on his grave. Although I like the buried with the pig idea. Now we need to finish this by tracking down the rest of them and killing them.

I love how this morning, the Pakistanis are saying, THANK YOU for killing him... and in the same breath... how dare you conduct US military operations within such close proximity to our capital.... HEH?! How dare THEY let him have safe haven WITHIN SUCH CLOSE PROXIMITY TO THEIR CAPITAL. How quickly they forget how he terrorized them nearly as badly as they did the US. Ungrateful bastards. :censored:

I also love that Obama finished the job. I don't mean to start a political conversation here, but my wife and I were just having a laugh over the prospect that if he's asked any questions by other candidates throughout the campaign, he should just answer...

"I'm sorry, I didn't hear your question, but did I mention that I caught Osama Bin Laden?"

"I did? Oh, sorry. I wasn't sure if you knew... that I caught Osama Bin Laden. Because I did... catch Osama Bin Laden. I'm sorry, what was your question again?" :happy feet:

My two cents...

An operation like this is complex, full of risks, high reward, potential pain. To execute this you need complete collaboration, alignment, training, the correct decisions, and precise execution. This take a lot of people at many different levels all is compelte and total secrecy. Nothing I've ever been involved in during my career even comes close so I salute my fellow servicemen and women. I also salute the civillian anti-terrorism analysts..aka CIA, and the other intelligence community teams. FInally I thank the civilian leadership that moved this forward and made sure all our ducks in a row and gave the order to go.

Thankful he's gone, concerned by what may come, but it was the right decision carried out by the right team, at the right time, and in the right way.

God bless America!

My two cents...

An operation like this is complex, full of risks, high reward, potential pain. To execute this you need complete collaboration, alignment, training, the correct decisions, and precise execution. This take a lot of people at many different levels all is compelte and total secrecy. Nothing I've ever been involved in during my career even comes close so I salute my fellow servicemen and women. I also salute the civillian anti-terrorism analysts..aka CIA, and the other intelligence community teams. FInally I thank the civilian leadership that moved this forward and made sure all our ducks in a row and gave the order to go.

Thankful he's gone, concerned by what may come, but it was the right decision carried out by the right team, at the right time, and in the right way.

God bless America!

Great post Jeff......it took a lot of work and coordination from multiple agencies and personel to put us in the position to give our leadership the chance to make the call.

My hat off to all those involved for making that possible and to our leadership for having the intelligence and the stones to pull the trigger........

God Bless the United States of America and People Who Want to Live Freely and Peacefully Everywhere!

:salute::salute::salute:

Mark yesterday in your calendars, boys and girls.

This does not mean, however, that terrorism has ended. As well all know, Osama was the major "face" of terrorism. We may have "cut the head off the beast," but Osama wasn't the only head--he led ONE major terror network, of which there are others. They will reorganize. They will retaliate. The United States must maintain vigilance and not become complacent, and it sounds like Washington is fully aware of this (I wouldn't expect anything less).

Whether they reorganize and retaliate immediately, or wait a few years, no one knows.

In the meantime, let them see Americans waiving American flags all over the news in celebration of his death.

And remember, although his death signifies a benchmark in the fight against terrorism, and even avenging the deaths of innocent civilians because of its bloodshed, there is only one person that I leave to judge Osama, and that's God.

Congratulations to the American military & CIA & all those involved in the elimination of this terrorist leader. Its also great to hear that all US military involved got out with no injuries.

Gabe,

OBL is sitting right where he belongs... next to Hitler.

GO USA! :salute:

Funny you should say that!!! Both of their deaths were announced on May 1st!!! Can't believe we finally got the B@sterd.

I love how this morning, the Pakistanis are saying, THANK YOU for killing him... and in the same breath... how dare you conduct US military operations within such close proximity to our capital.... HEH?! How dare THEY let him have safe haven WITHIN SUCH CLOSE PROXIMITY TO THEIR CAPITAL. How quickly they forget how he terrorized them nearly as badly as they did the US. Ungrateful bastards. :censored:

I also love that Obama finished the job. I don't mean to start a political conversation here, but my wife and I were just having a laugh over the prospect that if he's asked any questions by other candidates throughout the campaign, he should just answer...

"I'm sorry, I didn't hear your question, but did I mention that I caught Osama Bin Laden?"

"I did? Oh, sorry. I wasn't sure if you knew... that I caught Osama Bin Laden. Because I did... catch Osama Bin Laden. I'm sorry, what was your question again?" :happy feet:

With Wealthy self centered individuals that cannot say anything positive with our current President then

this will probably be the case...............May 1, 2011 a proud day for all US Citizens Rich and Poor................ :salute:

"I also love that Obama finished the job. I don't mean to start a political conversation here, but my wife and I were just having a laugh over the prospect that if he's asked any questions by other candidates throughout the campaign, he should just answer...

"I did? Oh, sorry. I wasn't sure if you knew... that I caught Osama Bin Laden. Because I did... catch Osama Bin Laden. I'm sorry, what was your question again?"

And the key word for you is I,isnt it :doh:

I dunno...has anyone seen a death certificate? All we have is some report from someone, somewhere, who knew something...no such document has been provided...how can we be sure? Have any of you seen Osama dead with your own eyes???

OvsU.jpg

Really?

This shouldn't be a political thread. The "I' in this caption wouldn't matter who the picture is of....unless it's some of the special operators who had alot more to lose than some sort of "political captial" The picture doesn't include any of them, so the credit should be reserved for them.

Bravo to all the men and women of the spec ops teams that truly made this happen, cheers to the politicians who finally allowed it to happen, even if alot of them slowed the process for longer than it needed be.

GOD BLESS THE USA, and may he judge those who stand against her (both foreign and domestic) swiftly and justly!

I agree we should put aside our political views and rejoice in the fact that this coward and murderer has been removed. This is a great day for the free world. I'm sure there will be an attempt to retaliate against us. Let them try. They'll be in our sights next. The way this attack was carried out with surgical precision shows are still THE force to be reconned with. :salute:

Archived