TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Shelby GT/SC Registration Fee?

08SGT/SC

I've been looking into getting my Shelby upgraded to the SGT/SC since I bought my car back in December 2007. Now that I finally saved up enough money Tasca is claiming Shelby American charges a $1000 dollar charge to have your car put into the registry and get the designation. Has anyone who recently had their car done been charged this at any of the mod shops? Hopefully this fee can be waived.

I've been looking into getting my Shelby upgraded to the SGT/SC since I bought my car back in December 2007. Now that I finally saved up enough money Tasca is claiming Shelby American charges a $1000 dollar charge to have your car put into the registry and get the designation. Has anyone who recently had their car done been charged this at any of the mod shops? Hopefully this fee can be waived.

What is the total price Tasca wants for the install? What are the options you'll be getting from Tasca included in the price?

What is the total price Tasca wants for the install? What are the options you'll be getting from Tasca included in the price?

Last year I had a quote for the supercharger, install (labor), tax, and Shelby GT/SC stripe for $8771 Basically 7000 for the supercharger plus labor at 13hrs and the cost of the stripe and "factory installed nameplates." The new quote I got was for approximately $9,450 which includes the supercharger, install, tax, GT/SC stripes and the "Registration Fee". The gauge pod installed ran about $1250 not including sales tax. The did give me a break on the labor but its still $700 more than my quote last summer which I had not taken into account in my savings over the past year ( I would like to spend that 700 on the gauge pod or wheels) I know Shelby did make a "Shelby GT/SC Package" but was still allowing people to have just the supercharger installed with the stripes as they had before this package was made up. I personally do not want the rotors, brake pads, and stainless steel brake lines that the charge an arm and a leg for. I rather save up and buy the sgt baer brake kit or the baer 6 piston kit when I have the funds to do so.

Thoughts?

A charge to get in the Registry? Maybe we should see proof of its existence first. We've been hearing for years that we're going to see it, have access, etc., but.....

Last year I had a quote for the supercharger, install (labor), tax, and Shelby GT/SC stripe for $8771 Basically 7000 for the supercharger plus labor at 13hrs and the cost of the stripe and "factory installed nameplates." The new quote I got was for approximately $9,450 which includes the supercharger, install, tax, GT/SC stripes and the "Registration Fee". The gauge pod installed ran about $1250 not including sales tax. The did give me a break on the labor but its still $700 more than my quote last summer which I had not taken into account in my savings over the past year ( I would like to spend that 700 on the gauge pod or wheels) I know Shelby did make a "Shelby GT/SC Package" but was still allowing people to have just the supercharger installed with the stripes as they had before this package was made up. I personally do not want the rotors, brake pads, and stainless steel brake lines that the charge an arm and a leg for. I rather save up and buy the sgt baer brake kit or the baer 6 piston kit when I have the funds to do so.

Thoughts?

need4speed-

The bottom line is this......get everything you can done at Shelby American, just the pedigree alone makes a difference in the couple thousand you'll spend in shipping, everything else is around the same dollar amount no matter who does it. This is why I even had them install new CS wheels and CS Supercharged gas cap etc...etc.. It is becauseI have receipts for everything from the manufacturer of the car and they did all the installation, not just a performance shop or dealership, no matter the name, and they all have close to the same prices. I say do everything you can and never look back, we only live once!!!!happy%20feet.gif

Not true on the Shelby GT/SC package. Contact me for details.

rogers@shelbyamerican.com

Roger

Sounds like Tasca has discovered another way of doing ADM...

I was holding back on saying that, about another way to get an ADM. They know that it cost a couple thousand to send the car to Shelby American for the upgrade, so they "possibly" just tacked on a couple thousand more so they would still be cheaper but make more profit. If I was Shelby American I would be calling Tasca just to see who here is telling who what! But my opinion remains the same though, do it and never look back, you only live once.

PS: If your going to get your car done, I would not go anywhere else no matter the "approved mod shop status or not" SA in Las Vegas has given me the customer experience of a life time. They treated me excellent even though they have many $70-80-90K builds gloing on, it seemed like my car meant the most to them when they talked to me. They kept me updated to the build status and just overall gave me product support. I must hold back my final opinion until I recieve the car back but so far it has been exceptional to say the least. What a great experience!!!!!!!!!

EDITED:

I was holding back on saying that, about another way to get an ADM. They know that it cost a couple thousand to send the car to Shelby American for the upgrade, so they "possibly" just tacked on a couple thousand more so they would still be cheaper but make more profit. If I was Shelby American I would be calling Tasca just to see who here is telling who what! But my opinion remains the same though, do it and never look back, you only live once.

PS: If your going to get your car done, I would not go anywhere else no matter the "approved mod shop status or not" SA in Las Vegas has given me the customer experience of a life time. They treated me excellent even though they have many $70-80-90K builds gloing on, it seemed like my car meant the most to them when they talked to me. They kept me updated to the build status and just overall gave me product support. I must hold back my final opinion until I recieve the car back but so far it has been exceptional to say the least. What a great experience!!!!!!!!!

EDITED:

I would like to get my car done at SAI, but they will not allow you to get the GT/SC designation unless you buy there "package" including the supercharger, gauge pod, stainless steel brake lines, rotors, pads. Which costs almost 13k. Roger informed me that the Shelby GT/SC package does not have a registration fee associated, so this issue should hopefully be cleared up with a phone call and email. I decided to go with Tasca because Quantum Performance ( the closest to IA) will not return my calls or emails for some reason and I will be relocating to CT next year so if something goes wrong with the car Tasca supposedly warranties there work. I plan on visiting my parents next month in CT so its time to rack up some miles (car only has 5500 miles since I bought it in Dec 07) so I'll save money by driving instead of flying if I can keep my foot off the gas and I'll have plenty of time to enjoy the supercharger on the way home. :superhero:

I would like to get my car done at SAI, but they will not allow you to get the GT/SC designation unless you buy there "package" including the supercharger, gauge pod, stainless steel brake lines, rotors, pads. Which costs almost 13k. Roger informed me that the Shelby GT/SC package does not have a registration fee associated, so this issue should hopefully be cleared up with a phone call and email. I decided to go with Tasca because Quantum Performance ( the closest to IA) will not return my calls or emails for some reason and I will be relocating to CT next year so if something goes wrong with the car Tasca supposedly warranties there work. I plan on visiting my parents next month in CT so its time to rack up some miles (car only has 5500 miles since I bought it in Dec 07) so I'll save money by driving instead of flying if I can keep my foot off the gas and I'll have plenty of time to enjoy the supercharger on the way home. :superhero:

Good choice. I had mine done at Quantum April 2010. The work was good but they have ZERO customer service.They never would call me back either and i have heard from others that they would not call them back either.You will still get the same GT/SC designation whether at Shelby American or Tasca. Be sure to get your tag that says factory supercharged. I believe it cost 25.00 or 35.00 dollars and you will also receive a certificate that says your name and congratulations on having your car supercharged and will not say anything about Tasca. The heritage will be the same whether at Vegas or Shelby mod shop. Now use that 2000.00 you saved on shipping and get the 6 piston brakes. You will need them. Good- Luck. PS, Ol Swede is just bragging on Vegas because of that 516 rwhp lol.

I had my car done at TASCA in June of 2010 for the SC upgrade only. This was for the supercharger and S/C stripe on the fender. TASCA handled the paperwork with Shelby and I was soon sent my new documentation stating that my car is now a Shelby GT/SC. I also was like yourself I bought the car and saved after for the supercharger but did not want the brake upgrade that came with the SC package. I became good friends with a Super Snake owner who sold me his Brembos, Eradispeed+2 Brake Set and adjustable panhard bar. Dennis at TASCA was great to deal with and did everthing I asked for. TASCA was my option because I also am a CT residence and NV was not an option. My car started it's life on the west coast and is not going back. The paper work is still the same in the end. I am not selling my car so what the receipt says is inconseqential. You will in the still be registered as a Shelby GT/SC. The only issue I have had with the car was a squeaky belt which I changed myself. I am sure if I brought the issue to TASCA they would have taken care of it. Sorry to make this a long post but I feel strong about my choice in my Mod Shop and so have many others Shelby and non-Shelby owners. If you have any questions please pm me. Thank you. -Kevin

Location is the key! Good for you! But the bottom line is this, try not to pinch pennies and just get it done you will not be sorry, I promise.

EDITED:

Not correct. If you just choose the SC then you will get the SC side stripe and designation.

Roger

Archived