TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Steering Wheel Vibration

Considering the suspension upgrades, etc., has anyone given consideration as to how much vibration is normal?

Thanks for any comments.

Jim

Jim - Are you talking about the vibration that would or could be transmitted after replacing the OEM suspension parts and rubber bushings with upgrade suspension parts with poly bushing or race ends (heim joints)?

R

Considering the suspension upgrades, etc., has anyone given consideration as to how much vibration is normal?

Thanks for any comments.

Jim

Hi Jim

I get a bit of vibration from the wheel when I brake, I am having the rotors skimmed through a machine this week they said at the garage this will cure it

Apart from that nothing

Rob

Jim - Are you talking about the vibration that would or could be transmitted after replacing the OEM suspension parts and rubber bushings with upgrade suspension parts with poly bushing or race ends (heim joints)?

R

R,

Sorry for the late response; been on a business trip for a week. You have an excellent point and this is exactly what I was driving at. How much vibration should be felt from the suspension upgrades? It just seems like the wheel vibrates too much, but it may be from what you have pointed out.

Thanks,

Jim

Hi Jim

I get a bit of vibration from the wheel when I brake, I am having the rotors skimmed through a machine this week they said at the garage this will cure it

Apart from that nothing

Rob

Hi Rob,

Sorry for the late response; been on a business trip for a week. So you have zero vibration while driving down the highway? I have quite a bit of vibration while driving. Tomorrow, I will check the speeds and how much the steering wheel shakes. It sems like the sterring wheel shakes a tad too much. I realize the suspension upgrades should make the ride stiffer, but I'm not sure that the upgrades would make the sterring wheel vibrate so much.

Thanks Rob.

Jim

Hi Rob,

Sorry for the late response; been on a business trip for a week. So you have zero vibration while driving down the highway? I have quite a bit of vibration while driving. Tomorrow, I will check the speeds and how much the steering wheel shakes. It sems like the sterring wheel shakes a tad too much. I realize the suspension upgrades should make the ride stiffer, but I'm not sure that the upgrades would make the sterring wheel vibrate so much.

Thanks Rob.

Jim

Jim

Just had the new SPEC clutch fitted and had the front rotors skimmed, no steering wheel vibration what so ever drives like a dream

Rob

Jim

Just had the new SPEC clutch fitted and had the front rotors skimmed, no steering wheel vibration what so ever drives like a dream

Rob

Rob,

I can't imagine with less than 1,000 miles I need to have the rotors turned. I'll get a better feel for it this weekend. Glad to hear your car is okay now. How about the radiator system?

Jim

Rob,

I can't imagine with less than 1,000 miles I need to have the rotors turned. I'll get a better feel for it this weekend. Glad to hear your car is okay now. How about the radiator system?

Jim

That is the next on the list

Clutch cost more than I thought $2000 with fitting (uk import taxes) Still very happy with the car, car seems much more smooth to drive

Rob

That is the next on the list

Clutch cost more than I thought $2000 with fitting (uk import taxes) Still very happy with the car, car seems much more smooth to drive

Rob

Rob,

Who does the mechanical work for you? Your car looks menacing!

Jim

Rob,

Who does the mechanical work for you? Your car looks menacing!

Jim

Jim

I am very lucky that there is an American car shop 20 mins from me, the guy runs it with his son

The first time I took it to them they thought they had won the lottery that they were going to work on it

They said it was the best American car they had seen

So I guess it is a labour of love when they work on it , I know it is in good hands

They rebuild American cars and make an excellent job of them

They have just finished a corvette

Since I had the clutch done it feels like a different car , more smooth in the gear change

Have you still got the vibration in the wheel

Rob

Archived