TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Stock RWHP

I have an 09 Vert. with 1900 miles, added the FRPP CAI, Tune and KR Axle-backs, at 400 miles.. Went to the RET Dyno day on Saturday.. Dyno -jet. Hoped for 470 Rwhp, or so. 3 pulls, in order, all pulls SAE::

1. 489 HP- 473 Tq

2. 497 HP- 478 Tq

3. 500 Hp- 473 Tq

We we're all very surprised, it was 80-85 deg. Car sat outside in the sun for about 2 hours, as everyone's did, and the runs we're 1 after another. Lot's of heart-break that day, I was one of the few who left happy....Very safe A/F all the way through, 8-8.5 lbs. of Boost. Full warranty in effect, think I will leave the motor alone, and look at the suspension for up-grades....I would order the FRPP kit,

I have an 09 Vert. with 1900 miles, added the FRPP CAI, Tune and KR Axle-backs, at 400 miles.. Went to the RET Dyno day on Saturday.. Dyno -jet. Hoped for 470 Rwhp, or so. 3 pulls, in order, all pulls SAE::

1. 489 HP- 473 Tq

2. 497 HP- 478 Tq

3. 500 Hp- 473 Tq

We we're all very surprised, it was 80-85 deg. Car sat outside in the sun for about 2 hours, as everyone's did, and the runs we're 1 after another. Lot's of heart-break that day, I was one of the few who left happy....Very safe A/F all the way through, 8-8.5 lbs. of Boost. Full warranty in effect, think I will leave the motor alone, and look at the suspension for up-grades....I would order the FRPP kit,

Those are very nice numbers for such mild modifications.

Thanx, I wish I had a baseline fully stock. I drove the car off the lot with 120 miles on it, drove it for 1 week and 250 miles and took it back. Couldn't hear the Motor, Blower, or Exhaust, and the Rear-end looked like a 4x4. Included the FRPP Tuner, CAI, and KR Axle-backs in the deal. Also included some Roush R. Springs, and Adj. Panhard Bar...Very surprised with the numbers, everybody thought I must have a Pulley, but I don't. Didn't seem to heat soak, maybe because it's not pulleyed??

1. 489 HP- 473 Tq

2. 497 HP- 478 Tq

3. 500 Hp- 473 Tq

I have had my Shely for about 16 months now and i feel I am about to pull the trigger on a FRPP CAI, KR back axle mufflers, tune and possibly a pulley. I want to keep the car pretty much stock but have read heaps about what muffler to put on (the KR) and getting some extra horses with CAI and pulley which can all be replaced back to stock parts relatively easily if I really need to in the future. Did you get your tune from VMP as I have read a lot about Justin and what great work he does. I was thinking of getting the pulley from Justin as he has a stock looking pulley that I think is a 2.59? Anyway the only other thing I want to do to my 500 is fix the wheel hop. Thanks Rob

I have had my Shely for about 16 months now and i feel I am about to pull the trigger on a FRPP CAI, KR back axle mufflers, tune and possibly a pulley. I want to keep the car pretty much stock but have read heaps about what muffler to put on (the KR) and getting some extra horses with CAI and pulley which can all be replaced back to stock parts relatively easily if I really need to in the future. Did you get your tune from VMP as I have read a lot about Justin and what great work he does. I was thinking of getting the pulley from Justin as he has a stock looking pulley that I think is a 2.59? Anyway the only other thing I want to do to my 500 is fix the wheel hop. Thanks Rob

I used the Ford Racing Tune to keep the warranty in force, at least for a while. Put down the surprising numbers with the Ford Racing Tune, CAI, and KR Axle-backs. You wouldn't be able to use this Tune if you pulley it. Justin's stock look pulley looks great and have heard nothing but great reviews on his Tunes. If warranty is an issue for you, the Ford Racing set-up seems like a good option. If not Justin's kit is top notch...

I used the Ford Racing Tune to keep the warranty in force, at least for a while. Put down the surprising numbers with the Ford Racing Tune, CAI, and KR Axle-backs. You wouldn't be able to use this Tune if you pulley it. Justin's stock look pulley looks great and have heard nothing but great reviews on his Tunes. If warranty is an issue for you, the Ford Racing set-up seems like a good option. If not Justin's kit is top notch...

Okay please ignore my ignorance. So Ford have a tune for CAI and KR muffler set up. I may need to skip the pulley for now and try that as I do want to keep my warranty intact. Do you possibly have a part # for the tune or is it easy just to go to the site and find it, Thanks

My '08 GT500 also dynoed well with the Ford Racing CAI and exhaust. 499 HP 475TQ. When you purchase the Ford Racing CAI kit it comes with a PROCAL tuner and Ford tune. I'm very happy with the setup.

I installed the FRPP, SVT Cold Air Kit # M-9603-SVT07, this is the Ford Tuner and Cold air kit only. I also installed the KR Axlebacks # M-5230-S, lots of good options here as it's basically Mufflers, and whatever you buy won't effect you warranty. Fordracing.com for lots of info. Steve at Tousley Ford or buyfordracing.com are good places to check out. Good luck. Come down to Cars and Coffee on Saturday's in Irvine, usually a good Muskrat contingent there.

I installed the FRPP, SVT Cold Air Kit # M-9603-SVT07, this is the Ford Tuner and Cold air kit only. I also installed the KR Axlebacks # M-5230-S, lots of good options here as it's basically Mufflers, and whatever you buy won't effect you warranty. Fordracing.com for lots of info. Steve at Tousley Ford or buyfordracing.com are good places to check out. Good luck. Come down to Cars and Coffee on Saturday's in Irvine, usually a good Muskrat contingent there.

Mate, do you go to Cars n Coffee as I live in Mission Viejo which is real close in fact I could probably spit on the roof a vette from home. I have been thinking of going down there to check it out but always have something else to do. I will definitely have to make a effort to get down there.

Archived